Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland v England / France v England

Comments

• Options

1StevieG said:

Cahill and Hart were shocking when it counted. Hart is no good against free kicks and Cahill thinks he is Jackie fucking Chan.

This
    This again - when you say he thinks he is Jackie Chan, do you mean because if his high kicking ability or for his acting skills? Went down like a sack of shite when untouched. Cheating Chelsea c***.
  • Options
    Fantastic. Could not have gone better.

Dangling a victory and snatching it away. Superb.

Best laugh for a long time. Looking forward to the next meet with the scotch relatives.
  • Options

That was incredible. Never witnessed a reaction to a goal like their 2nd and I think we were poor and deserved fuck all but to quash the best few moments of the sweaties lives like that was absolutely priceless.

On the train back into Glasgow to get legless now.

Enjoy it mate.
  • Options
    Watched it at work.... Oops.... my relief came in and hes a jock. Was i ribbing him. Two minutes later it was 2-1. Thank god for our Harry.
  • Options
    Cundy and Clive Allen were hiving to both teams on talk sport, especially the keepers.
  • Options
    I was bored. Nicely taken goal from Kane at the end and the Scots' free kicks were good, but generally pretty mundane stuff.
  • Options
    Through all the recent changes - Brexit, The UK election, the US election, there remains a constant - England has a shit football team
  • Options
    Once again nothing different we move the ball far too slowly and Smalling and Dier are poor footballers ..

I did like Southgate celebrations - great to see that kind of emotion - just get he f&&Akers to move the ball quicker -
  • Options
    Another thing - the sharpness. There were some chances today that Spain, Germany, Italy, Argentina etc...would put away 9 times out of ten. We are 4 or 5 out of 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hampden park is in an awful location. Took almost two hours to get from ththe ground to the city.
  • Options
    A very poor game of football between two very poor sides.
  • Options
    Both keepers need to be thrown in the bin.

What is that stupid little step Hart does before jumping across? Any half decent keeper could've saved both of those free-kicks by moving over a lot more.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    He simply lets too many of these in and it has to be his starting position and technique which you allude to which is to blame. He is the best or at least one of the best one on one keepers in the world but the best goalkeepers have to iron out these weaknesses and he doesn't seem able to.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think the fact that the season ended a few weeks ago has a lot to do with it. There was no intensity, and they nearly all lacked sharpness, taking extra touches and so on. Thing is, that happens to them in tournaments too. Maybe a winter World Cup will do us a favour.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

I think the fact that the season ended a few weeks ago has a lot to do with it. There was no intensity, and they nearly all lacked sharpness, taking extra touches and so on. Thing is, that happens to them in tournaments too. Maybe a winter World Cup will do us a favour.

It is a good point - Alli looked very poor and we know he isn't. The result was fine though in terms of qulaification and if you learn from these games they can be more useful than a comfortable win - is Southgate the type of manager that will analyse and identify though? It remains to be seen.
  • Options
    A game played on the 10th June was always likely to be poor.

I mean, have the players been on holiday yet ?
    Are they still on holiday ? :wink:
    Are they going on holiday next week ?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

That's not excuse, sorry. I watched Brazil and Argentina a few nights ago, before that Australua bs Saudi Arabaua. Those players were ok and each team would have guven England a drubbing - I actually thought the Scotsman weren't too bad and a level above England
  • Options
    Hart has some major floors, as an England goalkeeper simply not good enough.

We will never come close to winning anything with the defence we have, lower prem standard.

Go 1 up away decent teams kill off games, especially against the quality of teams as poor as Scotland.
  • Options
    I think Hart should've done better with the second goal. From my dodger YouTube stream as I am not in ththe county or near a TV, I thought the wall could've been better set up for the second goal too. That's down to Hart.

Joe Hart has had a really bad season at Torino. He's made a lot of errors and conceded far too many. I think he's massively over rated and there are 4 keepers who should be knocking on Southgate's door.

Hart is however - better than Bravo. But that's not saying much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

How's that an excuse for not beating Scotland though? Some of their players play for championship sides and their season finished over a month ago! 2 of their back 3 play for Ipswich and Blackburn!
  • Options
    Hart shows 2/3 or so of the goal over the wall ,those balls went in a yard (ish) inside the post and he didn't get near em , that is awful keeping

• Options
    edited June 2017

I think Hart should've done better with the second goal. From my dodger YouTube stream as I am not in ththe county or near a TV, I thought the wall could've been better set up for the second goal too. That's down to Hart.

Joe Hart has had a really bad season at Torino. He's made a lot of errors and conceded far too many. I think he's massively over rated and there are 4 keepers who should be knocking on Southgate's door.

Hart is however - better than Bravo. But that's not saying much.

Yes, I think it throws into question Southgate's judgement. He needs to start learning and open up his mind a bit - not become a young version of the old Roy Hodgson.
  • Options
    I don't think that Joe Hart has been England's best goalkeeper for a while now. I prefer Pickford, Forster Butland and Heaton ahead of him. Very poor game between two average/ poor sides. The last ten minutes were exciting though.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think the four you name are good calls. Why has Southgate dropped Rooney (I accept he is not the player he was) when he still has a role to play even from the bench, but shows loyalty to a keeper that has serious flaws in his game. There is one thing I know and it is why people like Southgate have to look at themselves. Say a team like Man City decide to buy Heaton, he will then automatically become first choice. He won't become a better keeper, but this would happen.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It all kicked off.............between some skinny 17 year olds in Magaluf :neutral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm2AjkVpBmM&feature=youtu.be
  • Options

Hampden park is in an awful location. Took almost two hours to get from ththe ground to the city.

I always wonder what it was like when there were 140k at games! You can walk it in about an hour.
  • Options

Another thing - the sharpness. There were some chances today that Spain, Germany, Italy, Argentina etc...would put away 9 times out of ten. We are 4 or 5 out of 10.

Yet the same fuckers do it week in week out in the Prem... :angry:
  • Options
    We played crap but we aren't a crap team. Passing was well off yesterday and away at a team like Scotland, who will non stop press you for 90 minutes, you won't get away with it.

Lots for Southgate to work on, I'm still not sure that formation is the best for the players we have. It is far too easy to be over critical of England.