Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latimer Road fire

Comments

• Options

I think people are entitled to peaceful protest. If it isn't peaceful that is a different matter and they should be condemned. I'm not sure why you have to bring the EDL into it though - they are scum aren't they?

The naming of the protest "Day of Rage" would suggest otherwise wouldn't you say......or am I getting confused!
    Well,it could be viewed in two ways. I do accept that unsavoury elements may try to hijack the event, but also expect that most protestors would want to show their Rage without violence. It is important they police themselves in that respect. Very important.

As the fire and the victims slide off the front pages, I notice that nobody has been taken to task yet. I am feeling rage about that. But, violent protest achieves nothing - the wind is blowing change and violence now only helps those against it.
    A violent protest today is the last thing needed as this is exactly what a lot of the media will use as a distraction against bigger issues.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I think people are entitled to peaceful protest. If it isn't peaceful that is a different matter and they should be condemned. I'm not sure why you have to bring the EDL into it though - they are scum aren't they?

The naming of the protest "Day of Rage" would suggest otherwise wouldn't you say......or am I getting confused!
    Well,it could be viewed in two ways. I do accept that unsavoury elements may try to hijack the event, but also expect that most protestors would want to show their Rage without violence. It is important they police themselves in that respect. Very important.

As the fire and the victims slide off the front pages, I notice that nobody has been taken to task yet. I am feeling rage about that. But, violent protest achieves nothing - the wind is blowing change and violence now only helps those against it.
    A violent protest today is the last thing needed as this is exactly what a lot of the media will use as a distraction against bigger issues.
    fck the media, what about people going about there daily lives and the police that will have to deal with these unsavory wankers!!!!!!!
  • Options

fuck the media, what about people going about there daily lives and the police that will have to deal with these unsavory wankers!!!!!!!
    You seem more upset about something that hasn't happened than you do about the thing that has happened.
  • Options

fuck the media, what about people going about there daily lives and the police that will have to deal with these unsavory wankers!!!!!!!
    Don't you get tired winding yourself up all the time? Not clever in this weather.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

You seem more upset about something that hasn't happened than you do about the thing that has happened.
    i've said numerous times that more needs to be done ( from my understanding a enquiry has been launched) that isnt much and the people need to be rehoused, but this hypocritical day of rage shit is a joke, its not required!.
  • Options

Chizz said:

i've said numerous times that more needs to be done ( from my understanding a enquiry has been launched) that isnt much and the people need to be rehoused, but this hypocritical day of rage shit is a joke, its not required!.
    I think you just need a big hug - it might help you to calm down.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Don't you get tired winding yourself up all the time? Not clever in this weather.
    don't you get tired of coming on here and posting your quite poor attempts at satirical humour.

anyway enough for today as ive now woken chizz and the gang.
  • Options

Day of Rage
    MOVEMENT FOR JUSTICE BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
    - shut down London
    - bring down the government

This is not planned to be peaceful!!!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Day of Rage
    MOVEMENT FOR JUSTICE BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
    - shut down London
    - bring down the government

This is not planned to be peaceful!!!
    dw pal its the medias fault. they will make it look worse than it is.
  • Options

don't you get tired of coming on here and posting your quite poor attempts at satirical humour.

anyway enough for today as ive now woken chizz and the gang.
    Don't you get tired of being Mr Angry? I'm pleased to know that my attempts at humour are only quite poor.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no excuse for violence and we should all condemn it if that is what happens.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

bbc news just said 68 luxury apartments in near by tower block acquired to house victims. That's what I like to hear

That is good, they took my advice then and spoke to the Cadogans :smiley: seriously good news for some of the victims.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

bbc news just said 68 luxury apartments in near by tower block acquired to house victims. That's what I like to hear

That is good, they took my advice then and spoke to the Cadogans :smiley: seriously good news for some of the victims.
    I honestly don't know why hotels haven't publicly come out and said victims welcome. If I was like a regional head for a premier inn or something, I'd be looking at clearing a floor for them. I know they have been helping, but I've seen very little in the mainstream media of a hotel chain saying victims are welcoming etc

I could be wrong
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

I honestly don't know why hotels haven't publicly come out and said victims welcome. If I was like a regional head for a premier inn or something, I'd be looking at clearing a floor for them. I know they have been helping, but I've seen very little in the mainstream media of a hotel chain saying victims are welcoming etc

I could be wrong
    Agreed, I haven't properly looked but are there that many 'Premier Inn' type hotels around there? If you do a quick search on bookings.com etc not a lot of availability. There was always going to be a longer term solution needed for the people even if the immediate need was more important.

I know I joke but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cadogans did stump up. Whoever/however this will really help some of them begin to restart their lives.
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Good news for the residents but this has probably got more to do with someone grabbing an opportunity to dump unsellable flats in a dead central London housing market than altruism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

Good news for the residents but this has probably got more to do with someone grabbing an opportunity to dump unsellable flats in a dead central London housing market than altruism.
    Cynicism at it's finest.
  • Options
    BTW, while its a great bit of buying, it is also worth noting that these flats were always going to be social housing, and make up the percentage that the builder was required to build. Not a case of the £2m flats being handed over on the cheap.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

I could be wrong
    Agreed, I haven't properly looked but are there that many 'Premier Inn' type hotels around there? If you do a quick search on bookings.com etc not a lot of availability. There was always going to be a longer term solution needed for the people even if the immediate need was more important.

I know I joke but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cadogans did stump up. Whoever/however this will really help some of them begin to restart their lives.
    There's 4 in the local vicinity and I tweeted them and one of their employees said they had been cooperating etc, but then I kept reading of stories of people sleeping in their cars.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

I could be wrong

There's 4 in the local vicinity and I tweeted them and one of their employees said they had been cooperating etc, but then I kept reading of stories of people sleeping in their cars.
    It was reported yesterday that all residents now have a roof over their heads. Sorry I forget who said this.

It took way, way too long and some will have to move from current hotels due to previous bookings.

Did K&C council have elections recently? I will be surprised if this is forgotten come the next local elections. If they are not in jail by then and still seeking power, I can't see anyone with a conscience voting for the current mob.
  • Options
    I would like to know why one of the minsiters involved in the leaked letters stopped tweeting after the fire on 14 June - no comment giving sympathy or anything? Loads of activity before and nothing afterwards.

https://twitter.com/EricPickles?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
  • Options

I would like to know why one of the minsiters involved in the leaked letters stopped tweeting after the fire on 14 June - no comment giving sympathy or anything? Loads of activity before and nothing afterwards.

Lawyered up?
  • Options

Guilty conscience?
  • Options

He's a wanker?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

He's a wanker?
    Nailed it.