Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tariqe Fosu - following progress at Brentford.

Comments

• Options
    Not one to get more season tickets sold but then again that won't happen till he has sold up
  • Options
    Encouraging that Reading wanted to keep him but I'm just dreaming of a getting back to the days when we used to sign people I'd heard of...

• Options
    I actually feel pretty good about this transfer. He is the right age, seems to have upside.

I will cease to feel good about it if we then sell Holmes.
  • Options

Encouraging that Reading wanted to keep him but I'm just dreaming of a getting back to the days when we used to sign people I'd heard of...

Not really going to happen at our current level is it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we're going to play 4231, that means about a quarter of the starting 11 will play in that 3. By extrapolation you would say that means about a quarter of the squad can play in the 3. Before Clarke signed, we had one senior (Holmes) and two young players (KAG and Aribo) who might play in that 3. Now we have 6. I think KR will want one more (whether he gets them is another question), but I don't take this as signal that Holmes is definitely off or the the Reeves deal is dead, but that is 2 players signed who apparently play best as a no. 10, so maybe Reeves is less likely now. There is also the possibility of signing Mavididi, so maybe it will be him and not Reeves who is the 7th.

• Options
    Vetokele and Ceballos can play there....
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

There's only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry,
    Only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry,
    There's only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry,
    Only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry

Thank goodness
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Bid Josh can play wide too but I wouldn't necessarily make that his primary purpose in the squad. I;d forgotten about Ceballos but I doubt he'll be involved at all.

Vetokele is an interesting one. The player that first arrived in England would be very useful in KR's system I think. We apparently want to keep the ball on the deck so a big man up top is not essential, and initially at least Igor was mobile/strong/busy enough to be the lone striker as long as the team sets up and get support around him quickly. He also scored a lot of headed goals and fed well off crosses and through balls which would again fit with how KR seems to want us to play.

Whether that Igor still exists though I don't know but I'd like to see him tried up top on his own in preseason and hopefully we can get him back to his best form. If we can he could be a massive asset.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Depends if Karl Robinson went to watch both play in Genk afew weeks back.
  • Options
    Perhaps big nose thought she had bought six players in one go :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading offered him a new contract, did they want him to stay or only to make sure they get a bigger fee?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Reading offered him a new contract, did they want him to stay or only to make sure they get a bigger fee?

Player aged under 23 and offered a new contract = development fee.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

Player aged under 23 and offered a new contract = development fee.

This is what I meant:

The 21-year-old's contract had been up this summer, but it was revealed last month that the club had offered him a new deal. As he has decided to reject that and move to pastures new at Charlton, the Royals will get a fee from the Addicks for him.
  • Options

No idea who he is. I hope by the end of the season everybody knows who he is.

What, you mean something like "That fella who scored three own goals on his debut, then ruptured both his hamstrings opening a bag of crisps and is now on loan at STVV"?
  • Options
    I liked his 60 seconds, nice to see him say promotion is his aim for the coming season. Regardless of the attitude fans have that has to be the way players think.
  • Options
    Hope for the best, but this does not bode well for Aribo or Kennedy.
  • Options

Not sure about Kennedy but I think Aribo is still highly thought of but further back.
  • Options

Not sure about Kennedy but I think Aribo is still highly thought of but further back.
    It is a long season, the bench is important, form matters as does competition. Aribo will be fine and Kennedy will get his chance.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Underwhelmed...... not because he's not a prospect but because we need first team players ready to hit the ground running. That said he may prove to be a very good buy in the future, lets hope the futures up not down though.

Another striker minimum, left and right back (good luck Chickson at Bradford, he'll score against us you can see it), and probably a centre midfield and an out and out winger. Another goalkeeper wouldn't go a miss unless Stevie Brown is coming out of retirement.
  • Options

Kennedy isnt really setting the world on fire at Derry at the moment is he seeing their season is still in progress? - Be a bit surprised if he comes back to England