Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tariqe Fosu - following progress at Brentford.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    After Bowyer bigging up Kaikai I'd be surprised if he doesn't start.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I would be tempted to play Lil Jay and Page on Saturday. Both can offer excellent delivery from the left. If that’s not working we can go back to KaiKai

Didn’t we play him at LW with Page in his first stint with us? I remember him playing there once and playing well.
  • Options
    Hopefully Fosu can get back fit in time for the Shrewsbury and Pompey games
  • Options
    MOTM tonight, three assists
  • Options
    Brentford fans rate him and praising his hard work, skill and desire to get stuck in.

• Options
    Brentford fans rate him and praising his hard work, skill and desire to get stuck in.

His decline under Bowyer was a bit mysterious really, considering how he played under Robinson before and afterwards, and how he's doing at Brentford now...
  • Options

His decline under Bowyer was a bit mysterious really, considering how he played under Robinson before and afterwards, and how he's doing at Brentford now...
    Could be how he is managed perhaps.  I am no expert but that seems to be a factor.
    Of course it does. And other than your own prejudice, how do you reach that conclusion?
  • Options

Good lad. Maybe being let go after not working hard enough for the team was the kick up the backside he needed.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to wonder why flair players just don't seem to work at Charlton, well under Bowyer anyway. Fosu never featured in Bowyer's plans, Leko was hit and miss, Andre Green didn't work, Jonny Williams didn't get the game time and wasn't used effectively and Marcus Maddison is, well, Marcus Maddison.

I'm sure there's more. Does Bowyer want to "Charltonise" every player, forcing them to do the work that perhaps they're not cut out for?

How would Claus Jensen, Paolo Di Canio or Dennis Rommedahl have fared under Bowyer? Would he have been trying to convert them all into Radostin Kishishev?

With those words I wish Diallang Jaiyesimi all the best!
  • Options
    I'm beginning to wonder why flair players just don't seem to work at Charlton, well under Bowyer anyway. Fosu never featured in Bowyer's plans, Leko was hit and miss, Andre Green didn't work, Jonny Williams didn't get the game time and wasn't used effectively and Marcus Maddison is, well, Marcus Maddison.

I'm sure there's more. Does Bowyer want to "Charltonise" every player, forcing them to do the work that perhaps they're not cut out for?

How would Claus Jensen, Paolo Di Canio or Dennis Rommedahl have fared under Bowyer? Would he have been trying to convert them all into Radostin Kishishev?

With those words I wish Diallang Jaiyesimi all the best!
    Aribo done well. Morgan is much improved. Millar has been our brightest spark recently. KAG was tearing it up before his move so there's been a few! 

JW is a almost man, MM seems like a trouble maker and I'm pretty sure Leko got injured? Fosu is a weird one but I seem to remember we played the diamond a lot that season which maybe didn't suit him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There’s def a pattern here under bowyer 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    30 appearances in the 2018/9 season for Fosu. 14 starts and 13 sub appearances.
    I was shocked it was that many as I can only remember the Gillingham goal and seeing him get sent off at Southend.

We didn’t play with winger that season it was going to be difficult to ever see the best of him as he did not suit the style which Bowyer wanted to play with.

I do wonder how Ricky Holmes would have done under Bowyer if he would have not left in the January window that year.
  • Options
    Webbja77 said:
    Yeah, the flair players who work hard do well, those that don’t or aren’t quite good or fit enough move on.
  • Options

Reeves, Oztumer...
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bowyer speaks really highly of how George Graham developed him as a player. I think he has it in his head that what worked for him and was good for Leeds in '96 is what needs to work for every player. Perhaps a tad unfair from me and more appropriate for a Bowyer thread.
  • Options
    Webbja77 said:
    Fosu, Reeves, Williams, Green, Oztumer, Maddison. Bowyer doesn’t get the best out of flair players at all. Let’s hope the same doesn’t happen here with DJ.
  • Options
    If Oztumer, Maddison and Reeves are that good why aren’t they in the Championship? Why did Green take so long to get a club? Why didn’t a Championship club sign Williams in the summer? They common theme is they’re all players with weaknesses that have meant none of them have ever has a strong season in the Championship.

There seems to be an assumption that because these players have a bit of skill it’s the managers failing if they aren’t performing like quality Championship players.

They aren’t in the same class as Shelvey, Lookman, Grant, Aribo etc.

Put them in a group alongside Bogle, Hemed, Racon, Sam etc - either players who we were on the decline or never really that good to begin with.

They are largely League 1 quality players with strengths that are Championship level but weaknesses that have stopped them performing consistently at that level. Even Williams has had a career in which he’s always been rotated.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The thing with Fosu, Bowyer had every reason to be angry with him. It was unprofessional not to take his rehabilitation from injury seriously and had an impact on the team. I suspect Fosu was not happy at being told off publicly and usually there comes a point where there is a reconciliation. You would expect the more mature experienced man to instigate that. That is where I believe it fell down. 

The Gillingham match was probably the point where a good man manager would have a chat with the player and reinforce how much of an admirer of him he is etc... and get an agreement to look forwards rather than backwards. Bowyer did make some positive comments about him being unplayable. However, I don't think Bowyer did enough to build on that performance, but due to the strength of the squad he probably didn't see the need to suck up to a player and probably looked at it as a good example to others. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joined Stoke on loan.