Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tariqe Fosu - following progress at Brentford.

Comments

• Options
    Is Reeves a creative midfielder or a ball winner/play-breaker?
    Will he still be coming in?

Seems we have a decent defence and front line with attacking midfield now but who is playing the key role as catalyst between defence and attack?

If Kashi is back then that's a positive but he is a huge 'if' at the moment.

Without a strong midfield in terms of a decent holding player who can support the defence when necessary but also calm on the ball to start the forward movement, without a Scotty Parker type ball winner/play-breaker, then there remains a huge gap in creating the finished product as a team.

• Options
    For once its been a decent start to the transfer window, but its only a start. A LB,CM and striker is a must. For sure we need more than 3 more players but if we only got 3 i'd like it to be in these positions. Magennis getting a prolonged injury would be bad news, we're far too light up front.
  • Options
    Speaking of Parker, did he get released?
  • Options
    On that longer video, at the end it looks like his agent got him in the local park and told him to do some tricks while he or she filmed it on their phone.
    Nothing beats seeing a player play in the flesh, in a meaningful fixture.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Speaking of Parker, did he get released?

Wiki says he's still a Fulham player. He'll be 37 in October.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

On that longer video, at the end it looks like his agent got him in the local park and told him to do some tricks while he or she filmed it on their phone.

Well the guy has made 46 league appearance already (and in this country not the Albanian 3rd division) so maybe we've been watching him previously
  • Options

seth plum said:

Well the guy has made 46 league appearance already (and in this country not the Albanian 3rd division) so maybe we've been watching him previously
    Oh I'm not saying we haven't. It is about my personal judgement, I like to see a player five or six times myself before either praising him to the heavens, or writing him off.
  • Options

On a more serious note the name seems to ring a bell....

• Options
    Uboat said:

Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry

Don't think we'll be seeing his full name on the shirt

You will on mine #supporttheteam
    At 35 characters, that might cost you more than the shirt.
  • Options

TK Maxx for short?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I whelmed? Nah. Not really.
  • Options
    I thought it was the Man Utd youngster at first, Fosu-something?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

THANK YOU... Your thinking of Timothy Fosu-Mensah - Ever since the signing was announced I've been trying to think of where I knew Fosu-Henry from... You mentioning the Man Utd youngster has reminded me I was thinking of the wrong bloke too
  • Options

Weak Meire alarm? Huh, quick as a fly on shit. (Anagram)

I know ... other people have interesting things to do. :neutral:

• Options

We've bought the wrong player :wink:
  • Options
    The clue as to why he joined us is in that Youtube clip of his major contributions. He enjoys playing in front of a crowd - made up of one man and his dog.
  • Options

Obligatory YouTube video. He likes a step over, looks right footed but plays mostly left wing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kt8B-_Q6FI

Based on this, he shouldn't have a problem teeing up team mates for them to waste the chances.
  • Options
    My Reading supporting mate says he's a useful player - mind you, he was the one who told me that Churchy could do a decent job for us.

Hopefully, the loan spells in League 2 will have toughened Tarique Fosu up.
  • Options
    My Colchester friend was very impressed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Stig said:

Here's what one of my Col U mates said:

He's fleet of foot and skilful with it. Still young and learning his trade. Needs to improve his decision making and crossing, but he could be a heck of a player. A match winner on his day. We're disappointed we won't be seeing him at the Farm again, but good luck to him, he did well for us.

How does your mate think he compares to Harriott when they had him on loan?
  • Options
    This is what he said @Exiled_Addick :

Ooooh, good question! Tarique is probably a trickier customer on the ball - feints, drag backs, skills....but less nous at present. It'll come....
  • Options
    Stig said:

Ooooh, good question! Tarique is probably a trickier customer on the ball - feints, drag backs, skills....but less nous at present. It'll come....

Harriott to me tended rely on his pace to get past players, but it is an interesting comparison seeing that they have effectively swapped clubs
  • Options

Stig said:

Cheers Stig... less nous than Callum though... that doesn't sound good! I liked Harriott, but I've eaten watermelons with more footballing brains than Harriott.
    Sounds bad but to be fair Harriott's league appearances for us were pretty much all at Championship level.
  • Options
    A great photo though! I love the shadow of the ball on his shirt

• Options
    More irrelevant chuff...
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam, Scott Wagstaffe, Callum Harriot and now Tarique Fosu. Thems wingers for you. Frustrating and can be exciting.

First three really didn't push on for us or after leaving. Hope Tarique proves Reading wrong.