Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Love Island

Comments

• Options

Each to their own, I wouldn't say stunning. Not really my type, still wouldn't say no obviously I am male

It does annoy me some of the media bits about racism this week, have you seen it? I think the jist of it was because of yowande wasn't picked early doors and they turn it into a race crime. 2 things again this might be controversial, one she wasn't really that nice anyway so wouldn't be a lot of peoples choice, secondly some people just prefer a certain type or race. See I don't really find black people attractive, but the odd one and that's not race that's just like preferring females to males, or bigger girls to skinny.  

Its a tough one, my missus as a black woman is probably more qualified to answer this but I think it is something that stems from the general normal portrayal of black women as a far lesser class in beauty standards, until very recently there wasnt that much media representation and it then replicates itself in a way in a show milkions watch and it then becomes harder to seperate the issue. I dont think its racism per se, but there is definately a portryal diffrrenc but that then gets misconstrued as racism

Like for example both Yewande and Maura had massive rants, but if you look online, people are saying Maura was justified whilst Yewande became portrayed as the angry black woman, it also doesnt help when people, especially on Twitter compared Yewande to Didier Drogba or another African footballer. 
  • Options
    best birds from each series go - series 1 jess hayes

Yeah easy.

series 2 Olivia

Hell no! not even based on the vids/photos, she was on the same one as Amber just from memory and she was better in my opinion.

A couple of nice ones going in tonight!

Amber is such a child, literally always has to get her own way. Twice now she has said im not making anything of it and then goes on in a hissy fit, like what she did with Danny. She is definitely not my cup of tea, to look at great but doing my head in.

Amber who was with Kem?

Series 3.
  • Options

Yeah easy.

series 2 Olivia

Hell no! not even based on the vids/photos, she was on the same one as Amber just from memory and she was better in my opinion.

Amber is such a child, literally always has to get her own way. Twice now she has said im not making anything of it and then goes on in a hissy fit, like what she did with Danny. She is definitely not my cup of tea, to look at great but doing my head in.

Amber who was with Kem?

Series 3.

Yep , i just realised i meant Laura not Olivia. My bad thought she was an Olivia :(

That's right twiggy i think there is a massive stigma with all of this sort of stuff, personally i didn't like Yowande, but i think there must have been more to her and Danny the way the Girls reacted on the show. Moira is a nutcase different sort of crazy, the media can be harsh re:Drogba , i didn't see that. Maybe i am not reading enough into this, i like to be quite ignorant in PC matters normally as they are subjective and a lot of people do go overboard sometimes

• Options
    I knew jordan reminded me of someone. Just couldn't quite put my finger on it. If wallace had hair.
  • Options

Yeah easy.

series 2 Olivia

Amber who was with Kem?

Series 3.

Yep , i just realised i meant Laura not Olivia. My bad thought she was an Olivia :(

That's right twiggy i think there is a massive stigma with all of this sort of stuff, personally i didn't like Yowande, but i think there must have been more to her and Danny the way the Girls reacted on the show. Moira is a nutcase different sort of crazy, the media can be harsh re:Drogba , i didn't see that. Maybe i am not reading enough into this, i like to be quite ignorant in PC matters normally as they are subjective and a lot of people do go overboard sometimes

Oh I agree, I think there was more to it that wasnt shown either, it seemed all too dramaric for what it was.

And yeah its a difficult one because nowadays there is a perceived thin line between subjective and objective and preferences and discrimination. I personally have an attraction towards girls of all races but must admit that I generally do not find asian women as attractive, generally. To coin a phrase from the show, it is what it is.
  • Options
    Haven't seen last nights episode, but here's my player ratings so far. 

Amber - 2 - Really good looking girl, but what a vile person
    Lucie - 7 - Naturally pretty, but not sure she needs to be in there, something about her I really like. 
    Anna - 4 -  Very immature and very plastic. 
    Amy - 4 - Completely bland, irritating personality 
    Maura - 5 - There's something I don't like - very plastic.
    Molly Mae - 6 - Good looking. Seems relatively normal. 
    Arabella - 6 - Stunning yet something missing?
    Yewande - 3 - Intelligent but Clingy and not particularly attractive
    Elma - 5 - Good looking girl, typical essex personality though.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Lucie - 7 - Naturally pretty, but not sure she needs to be in there, something about her I really like. 

wouldn't disagree with any of that to be honest, will get very interesting now as I reckon any one of them (boys included) could/will have their heads turned...maybe with the exception of Amy (who is definitely playing a game to win). The other villa will definitely be more interesting this year than other years I think.

*I'd probably reduce Anna's score down to the same as Amber though, can't stand the pair of them.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Pretty much similar to my player ratings pal, at least in order. Maybe Arabella can go with Maura. She is attractive but again not the look i go for she is just long legged/ pretty face not as much about her as people rave (in my opinion of course)

Overall Molly Mae has grown on me, personality and lookwise she is nice. Lucie is pretty but not sure she has that much personality but she would be next out of who i would go for. Elma was decent value too, still agree with your ratings but based on who i would actually see potential with, hypothetically

• Options
    still not one of them though that can touch Caroline Flack.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last nights 'dumping' seemed to have so many changes made to it by the producers, which was surely in an attempt to try to control who left.

Bottom 4 couples instead of bottom 2, then split the couples and have the islanders choose 1 boy and 1 girl. Almost inevitable that'd get rid of Tom (who was an utter plank) but by splitting the couples it'd give the boys a chance to save Maura who is clearly entertaining and good value on the show.

I wonder if a couple like Amy/Curtis were at the bottom and producers didn't want to lose them. And if it had been a couple going then clearly it would've been Tom/Maura.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    yeah last night was v much engineered so tom would be dumped - suprised he didn't have a word with the grass jordan - who basically caused all the problems. 

a bird that constantly bangs on about how much she loves sex, fanny flutters, riding fellas is cringy and a lot of it is for show - the other night when he said a comment to those effects she was rightly outraged. 

he genuinely did look gutted to be going. 

although at least hes got his plumbing career to fall back on

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Jourdan... Jour Damn.
    Joanna Jo Damnaaah
  • Options
    Anna wasting no time at all in Casa Amor, her head was turned before the others guys had even finished introducing themselves.

Stevie looks about 16, how on earth did he get in there?
  • Options
    Anna didn't have her head turned as she's never been into budget Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    Fanny Flutters moving on to her next man.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Dazzler21 said:

If you have Maura as a 5 and Arabella as a 6 can we see some pics of your Mrs!? 
    Is this forum about to change it's name to Readers Wives?
  • Options
    Looks like its all going to kick off tonight :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big_Bob said:
    Michael ditching Amber for Joanna is defo the right move. Amber not seeing this coming. She has real potential to completely explode like any other previous on the show if she gets dumped from the island.
    I did not think that Tommy would be the only geez who didn't get his head turned at all!
    Amber went ballistic over Danny and Yewande so can't imagine how she's going to react to getting dumped herself.

What on earth is Curtis doing though? Ok he clearly isn't into Amy, that's fair enough, but he's thinking about recoupling with Jourdan who we've hardly seen him talk to and who's kissed and spent the night in bed with Danny. I wonder what the producers will do as clearly if Danny picks before Curtis, he'll choose her and then Curtis won't have a choice to make. Surely they'll give Curtis first pick for the drama.

Anna is going to pick Ovie, leaving Jordan single. Amber will be single. Amy potentially single.

Tommy and molly might as well be given the £50k prize now.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:
    Michael ditching Amber for Joanna is defo the right move. Amber not seeing this coming. She has real potential to completely explode like any other previous on the show if she gets dumped from the island.
    I did not think that Tommy would be the only geez who didn't get his head turned at all!
    Amber went ballistic over Danny and Yewande so can't imagine how she's going to react to getting dumped herself.

What on earth is Curtis doing though? Ok he clearly isn't into Amy, that's fair enough, but he's thinking about recoupling with Jourdan who we've hardly seen him talk to and who's kissed and spent the night in bed with Danny. I wonder what the producers will do as clearly if Danny picks before Curtis, he'll choose her and then Curtis won't have a choice to make. Surely they'll give Curtis first pick for the drama.

Anna is going to pick Ovie, leaving Jordan single. Amber will be single. Amy potentially single.

Tommy and molly might as well be given the £50k prize now.
    Wonder if Amber will be just as fuming with her pal Anna for ditching jordan just like she was fuming with Danny and soon to be Michael.

Maybe it's alright for the girls to ditch the fellas but not the other way round.
  • Options
    Had kept clear of this group as I was behind, but now I am caught up. 

Firstly, respect to Danny for not losing his shit when Anna was doing that “bye...bye” comment. I would have probably lost my rag at that in all fairness. 

Glad Michael is ditching Amber. Not only the fact that Amber is really immature and quite rude, but Joanna is waaaaaay better. 

Curtis. Lol. 

Also a very real reminder of how crazy women truly are. Seemingly, between a few minutes of playing that game, Molly went from being angry / upset that Tommy had potentially kissed someone, to being the first to jump in the pool and have a three way kiss. Mad. 

Elma was my fave. Joanna is now my fave. Probably clear what my type is.
  • Options
    Perhaps Curtis is going to couple up with Danny. 
  • Options
    Only 1700 posts to go before I catchup!
  • Options
    Cannot wait for Amy to find out about that conversation. 
  • Options
    Poor budget Lyle Taylor.

That Anna is a cnut.