Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket

15678911»

Comments

• Options

Does anybody know who the best person to contact regards sales figures of season tickets this year?

The figure was published on the official site last year, I wonder if it will be announced again.

It's about 5,500, which includes comps.
    Thank you.

• Options
    Scoham said:

What was it last year in the end, around 6,500?

I thought it was about 6,000 last season.

So if if we've sold 5,500 so far, it may end up about the same.
  • Options

Scoham said:

It was 6,500
  • Options

Finally succumbed and renewed mine on Friday. Arrived the next day. Well done the admin part of the club. Calendar, hospitality booklet and outside casing straight in the recycling box. Scarf under my black and white protest scarf in the cupboard under the stairs.

Purchased the one day Valley Pass yesterday and just watched the 90 minute review of the last promotion season. Seeing Powell all emotional after Oldham away, Carlisle away and the Hartlepool home match reminded me of how much this club meant to me back then. Great days.

Roland Out.

What the?!!!!!!!!
    Renewed weeks ago and still haven't got mine :-1:
    The box doesn't fit a letter box.
    Postman has to ring doorbell and deliver it personally.
    If your season ticket hasn't arrived check with your local post office centre
    I wondered that, but aren't they supposed to leave a card telling you
    Yes they are but they don't always do..
    Worth checking I reckon.
    Turned up with today's post :smile:
  • Options

I posted this a few days ago and apologise for repeating it, but I still believe this is appropriate.

I've always supported the team by attending matches and I've always supported & joined all the protests including going to Belgium. I have also always said criticise when it is due and don't just criticise everything, because it undermines our "case". I have not changed my view on any of this.

However, my biggest complaint with RD, is that he has not been running Charlton like a proper football club.

Ok. I could come up with a hundred things that I've been very unhappy about.
    But the main one is not running Charlton as a proper football club.

Now, I'm nobodies fool and I'm acutely aware that RD could do something tomorrow to enrage me and if he does I'll be the first to say so.

But, in recent times, (I'll say recent because there's no point disagreeing over how many months), I think we have been run like a proper football club again.

Ok, we're a club now in League 1 and we really shouldn't be. But to me at least, we are now being run like a League 1 club and not some player farm/circus.

We have an experienced League 1 manager and we have recruited players who are used to playing in the English leagues.

We have 2 coaches who are ex Charlton players, one of whom is a Charlton legend and many recently wanted as manager.

We can all discuss the merits of the manager & coaches, but that's just normal football banter.

We've stopped the ridiculous merry go round of foreign coaches and foreign players who were not appropriate, being foisted upon us.

Fans that are boycotting, good luck to them, I don't criticise anyone, I've said time and time again, everyone has to do what they have to do.

Me personally I could never boycott. Charlton is my true love, my religion, my call to prayers.

If they are playing at home I'll be there, it's not optional, it's a given.

I suppose I have the passion like the 50,000 Geordies that turn up every match, even when they are bottom of the league.

If fans have been boycotting for 3 years and RD is still the owner in another 5 years, that's heading towards a decade of non attendance. Despite what fans says, for many there's no turning back from that, despite what they may genuinely believe.

Even if they do come back, we may have lost a generation of supporters, just as we did at Selhurst.

Our kids won't be supporting Charlton, because they are not allowed their team's kit and they are not allowed to watch their team.

So guess what it won't be their team. We'll be the smallest South London club again back like the in the late 80's, with Palace and even Millwall getting bigger attendances, to be honest as of now we already are, as Millwall have outsold us for the first time in donkey's years.

Personally, that isn't what I want. I preferred it when we were top dog.

All that effort to get us back to The Valley and then build the club up to a brilliantly run Premiership club down the pan.

Inevitably, RD will sell up at some stage and what sort of Charlton will be left ?

So much damage has been done, my sons no longer attend.

The constant negativity on here, even for the positive things is sapping my strength.

What's the point of Charlton if we're not supporting them ?

What's the point of CL, if it has little to do with supporting Charlton ?

So, I'll be going along as usual. I'll be meeting my mates for a beer beforehand as usual and I'll support the team as usual, as I have done since the late 60's and since holding a S/T since 1973.

God I could cry for what we've become, but if Reeves signs this week and we have no major player sales this season, then I honestly believe we are promotion contenders.

I feel the fans should consider getting behind the team again, until such time when/if the owner does anything to cause a dramatic downturn.

If we are being run like a proper football club again, with footballing ambition, then I can put to one side, (not forgive or forget), but park my feelings, for the previous mistakes of which we all know are very many.

I fully accept that some of our supporters have personally been treated very shabbily, but even they could perhaps now consider, that it might be time to all pull together.

If the owner sells to someone better then nothing would please me more, but as that could be 5 years away or even more, It would be wonderful to try and make a start of working towards the great club we always have been.

Maybe, I'm being overly optimistic, but I would love it if my sons returned and I think there's a decent chance, that at least one of them may renew this week, if we finally sign Reeves.

As always, everyone should do what they have to do, but there is no doubt in my mind, that at the moment the owner has changed part of his strategy from a couple of years ago. I try and judge things as they are now, not what they were 2 years ago or what they could be down the line.

Best post I've read in a long time
    THIS
  • Options

Scoham said:

It was 6,300 at the start of the season and, according to Meire, about 6,500 after Christmas. But not "sold" - these figures will include several hundred comps.
  • Options

Scoham said:

It was 6,300 at the start of the season and, according to Meire, about 6,500 after Christmas. But not "sold" - these figures will include several hundred comps.
    Could the several hundred be nearing 500?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

That's what you call a season ticket......
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I posted this a few days ago and apologise for repeating it, but I still believe this is appropriate.

I've always supported the team by attending matches and I've always supported & joined all the protests including going to Belgium. I have also always said criticise when it is due and don't just criticise everything, because it undermines our "case". I have not changed my view on any of this.

However, my biggest complaint with RD, is that he has not been running Charlton like a proper football club.

Ok. I could come up with a hundred things that I've been very unhappy about.
    But the main one is not running Charlton as a proper football club.

Now, I'm nobodies fool and I'm acutely aware that RD could do something tomorrow to enrage me and if he does I'll be the first to say so.

But, in recent times, (I'll say recent because there's no point disagreeing over how many months), I think we have been run like a proper football club again.

Ok, we're a club now in League 1 and we really shouldn't be. But to me at least, we are now being run like a League 1 club and not some player farm/circus.

We have an experienced League 1 manager and we have recruited players who are used to playing in the English leagues.

We have 2 coaches who are ex Charlton players, one of whom is a Charlton legend and many recently wanted as manager.

We can all discuss the merits of the manager & coaches, but that's just normal football banter.

We've stopped the ridiculous merry go round of foreign coaches and foreign players who were not appropriate, being foisted upon us.

Fans that are boycotting, good luck to them, I don't criticise anyone, I've said time and time again, everyone has to do what they have to do.

Me personally I could never boycott. Charlton is my true love, my religion, my call to prayers.

If they are playing at home I'll be there, it's not optional, it's a given.

I suppose I have the passion like the 50,000 Geordies that turn up every match, even when they are bottom of the league.

If fans have been boycotting for 3 years and RD is still the owner in another 5 years, that's heading towards a decade of non attendance. Despite what fans says, for many there's no turning back from that, despite what they may genuinely believe.

Even if they do come back, we may have lost a generation of supporters, just as we did at Selhurst.

Our kids won't be supporting Charlton, because they are not allowed their team's kit and they are not allowed to watch their team.

So guess what it won't be their team. We'll be the smallest South London club again back like the in the late 80's, with Palace and even Millwall getting bigger attendances, to be honest as of now we already are, as Millwall have outsold us for the first time in donkey's years.

Personally, that isn't what I want. I preferred it when we were top dog.

All that effort to get us back to The Valley and then build the club up to a brilliantly run Premiership club down the pan.

Inevitably, RD will sell up at some stage and what sort of Charlton will be left ?

So much damage has been done, my sons no longer attend.

The constant negativity on here, even for the positive things is sapping my strength.

What's the point of Charlton if we're not supporting them ?

What's the point of CL, if it has little to do with supporting Charlton ?

So, I'll be going along as usual. I'll be meeting my mates for a beer beforehand as usual and I'll support the team as usual, as I have done since the late 60's and since holding a S/T since 1973.

God I could cry for what we've become, but if Reeves signs this week and we have no major player sales this season, then I honestly believe we are promotion contenders.

I feel the fans should consider getting behind the team again, until such time when/if the owner does anything to cause a dramatic downturn.

If we are being run like a proper football club again, with footballing ambition, then I can put to one side, (not forgive or forget), but park my feelings, for the previous mistakes of which we all know are very many.

I fully accept that some of our supporters have personally been treated very shabbily, but even they could perhaps now consider, that it might be time to all pull together.

If the owner sells to someone better then nothing would please me more, but as that could be 5 years away or even more, It would be wonderful to try and make a start of working towards the great club we always have been.

Maybe, I'm being overly optimistic, but I would love it if my sons returned and I think there's a decent chance, that at least one of them may renew this week, if we finally sign Reeves.

As always, everyone should do what they have to do, but there is no doubt in my mind, that at the moment the owner has changed part of his strategy from a couple of years ago. I try and judge things as they are now, not what they were 2 years ago or what they could be down the line.

Agree 100% but the damage has been done for 5000+ fans and for the vast majority, me included, promotion to the premier would not get my backside on a seat whilst these pricks are in charge.
    They'd be worried about you if we got back to the premiership
    I can imagine the club crying that he hasn't renewed his season ticket with the TV money and sold out games in the premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am wavering. Swore I wouldn't do it after I bought a half season ticket after the Millwall game and then we turned into utter toilet for the next 3 months. Was talking about it at work and my colleague said "that sounds like an abusive relationship".

But they'll change, won't they?....

• Options
    edited August 2017

They mailed me three times to ask me to renew my season ticket. I paid for it in April.

Yes, but was it you that said it was in your son's name, so they don't think you have renewed ?
  • Options
    I got mine today. Disappointed it's not a black and white scarf.
  • Options
    I renewed mine yesterday which was too late because my seat got taken :( but I'm sitting in the seat behind so maybe it's ok :)
  • Options
    I'm playing cricket today, though. Unless it rains. Which I wouldn't be too unhappy about. But no! No, we have a game to win. Out, impure thoughts of KR's new fluid attacking formation
  • Options

Aah happy families once again.

Covered end junior renewed last night after missing the last 10 games of last season and my eldest son surprised me 5 mins ago, telling me he was coming to the match as well, having missed all of last season.

Brilliant news for me, I'm dead chuffed, especially as I didn't try to encourage or persuade them. I just let them do whatever they chose to, as you should.

and if you feel something hit the back of your head. Me and @Baldybonce_JNR are nearby.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I renewed mine yesterday which was too late because my seat got taken :( but I'm sitting in the seat behind so maybe it's ok :)

As long as it's not behind me :wink: