Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to them they have put together a decent package which was surprising.
  • Options

Haven't you seen the new palarce top.
    All of South London is theirs.

I am going to sew F*** Palace into my one.
  • Options

A word of warning.
    The postman rang my doorbell to deliver my season ticket as the box it comes in was too big for the letterbox.
    Had I not been in he would not have been able to deliver it.
    Anyone who's season ticket doesn't arrive it may well be that you was not home to receive it.

that would have been a right result.
    We were right all along Dicky.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The problem for those of us with Charlton in our DNA is that we WANT to believe and WANT to be at one with the Club aspiring for promotion.

That is a very powerful force even if history (that dirty word) and rational analysis indicates delusion and wishful thinking.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

SID said:

Stig said:

SID said:

I do not think it is meant to build bridges. It is supposed to celebrate 25 years since our return. It will not and is not changing people's mind, it is however a decent thing to do.

Exactly, it's typical that this has now turned into a pro / anti regime thread. To celebrate the 25th aniversary they have packaged the season tickets in a presentation box with a scarf and a few odds & ends. Just see it for what it is and not as some sort of subliminal brain washing campaign.
    Why would they be doing this then, when they publicly stated that history is not important?
    I think someone in the marketing department had an idea that to celebrate the 25th aniversary it might be nice to send the season tickets out with some comemorative memorabilia. Why do you think they did it?
    I think it's more likely that it was someone in Hummel's marketing department that had the bright idea...
    Why do you think Hummel are involved ?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Stig said:

I wan't to challenge very strongly the idea that it's "a nice gesture". It isn't a nice gesture at all, it's a PR stunt. They are trying to bolster their damaged reputation by buying people off: Season ticket holders, who they know will be softer targets than lapsed attendees. This is the regime that has torn our club apart. They traded decent players for useless wannabes. They lied to fans. They drove people away. What they are doing now is the equivalent of giving your loved one a bunch of flowers after you've cheated on them. It stinks. It's just a manipulative ploy to try and fool people. And all for what? The cost of a scarf and a calendar, well whoopee do.

For those who think it's about building bridges, here's an idea. If they want to build bridges they should start by apologising. They should then produce a list of errors and formulate plans to ensure that they do not repeat them. They will not do that, because they are in denial about whose fault this mess is.

And as for all this Back the The Valley nonsense, it's sickening. They are not interested in that at all. We have an owner who has stated that competitive football is not important and a CEO who has said she does not care for the history of the club. They are piggy packing on this anniversary to try and gain brownie points. As @charltonkeston so eloquently put it, the PR company "are using some of my [our] best memories and associating them with the current vermin". Wake up, people. How many extra chances do this lot need?

But Stig, I think you're missing the point. It comes in a nice red box! - Oh alright then, I take it back they must be genuinely decent people who have learnt the error of their ways and are committed to change. Viva Duchatelet. Viva Meire. Viva The Regime.

Stig who are they trying to buy off though.
    Those that renewed didn't know they were going to recieve this presentation box, maybe a couple of dozen might buy a season ticket because of the box but I doubt it and those not buying a season won't buy a season ticket.
    My opinion is all the while they are in charge whether for the right or wrong reasons I'll be thinking what are they up to.
    I'm buying a
    Essex_Al said:

Stig said:

I want to challenge very strongly the idea that it's "a nice gesture". It isn't a nice gesture at all, it's a PR stunt. They are trying to bolster their damaged reputation by buying people off: Season ticket holders, who they know will be softer targets than lapsed attendees. This is the regime that has torn our club apart. They traded decent players for useless wannabes. They lied to fans. They drove people away. What they are doing now is the equivalent of giving your loved one a bunch of flowers after you've cheated on them. It stinks. It's just a manipulative ploy to try and fool people. And all for what? The cost of a scarf and a calendar, well whoopee do.

For those who think it's about building bridges, here's an idea. If they want to build bridges they should start by apologising. They should then produce a list of errors and formulate plans to ensure that they do not repeat them. They will not do that, because they are in denial about whose fault this mess is.

And as for all this Back the The Valley nonsense, it's sickening. They are not interested in that at all. We have an owner who has stated that competitive football is not important and a CEO who has said she does not care for the history of the club. They are piggy packing on this anniversary to try and gain brownie points. As @charltonkeston so eloquently put it, the PR company "are using some of my [our] best memories and associating them with the current vermin". Wake up, people. How many extra chances do this lot need?

But Stig, I think you're missing the point. It comes in a nice red box! - Oh alright then, I take it back they must be genuinely decent people who have learnt the error of their ways and are committed to change. Viva Duchatelet. Viva Meire. Viva The Regime.

Aaah bless, you didn't get one then?
    Can I have your scarf please Alan, it looks quite nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

in addition to the season ticket packaging the new shop looks good, championship here we come.

Don't forget that Sausage Rolls are back on the menu as well.
  • Options
    Done ours today for my son and I.
  • Options

I don't see the point in buying a season ticket. It doesn't make me any less or more a supporter. The only advantages are you get a guaranteed seat, (hardly a problem these days), it works out a little bit cheaper if you attend all the games and you get a scarf with a box to keep it in.
    I have no intention of attending every home game and I've already got a scarf and somewhere to keep it.

May have missed the fact that if you wish to go to away games with a limited allocation, although there are some still that get tickets even though they don't buy season tickets or profess to go anymore.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Stig said:

I want to challenge very strongly the idea that it's "a nice gesture". It isn't a nice gesture at all, it's a PR stunt. They are trying to bolster their damaged reputation by buying people off: Season ticket holders, who they know will be softer targets than lapsed attendees. This is the regime that has torn our club apart. They traded decent players for useless wannabes. They lied to fans. They drove people away. What they are doing now is the equivalent of giving your loved one a bunch of flowers after you've cheated on them. It stinks. It's just a manipulative ploy to try and fool people. And all for what? The cost of a scarf and a calendar, well whoopee do.

Oh great. Another smart arse quip from somebody who would rather sit on their arse and whistle Dixie whilst our saviours drive our support away in droves.
    Everything's great ennit, if you ignore it.
    No arse sitting for me my friend, I'm at the games supporting my team, you?
    Haha, nice try, but you guessed wrong.
    I haven't boycotted and have renewed again my season ticket for the coming season.
    Other than that I contribute financially and occasionally in person towards efforts to bring to an end the progressive mismanagement downward spiral of our football club. You?
    Well played for your first sentence then mate, I applaud you for that.

As for the second part, if you want to plough your hard earned into plastic pigs and taxis, balloons and banners then that's your prerogative, it's not for me I'm afraid!
    Which basically brings us back to where we started, in that you would rather sit on your arse and whistle Dixie.
    That's your prerogative, but some of us care enough to want to do something try to challenge inept, vindictive and destructive mismanagement of our club.
    The fact is, that you would rather poor scorn on those people than the owner or the SMT.
    Enjoy wasting your dough then mate, what is it now £55k and they're still here, what's the next target £100k?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Stig said:

Oh great. Another smart arse quip from somebody who would rather sit on their arse and whistle Dixie whilst our saviours drive our support away in droves.
    I haven't boycotted and have renewed again my season ticket for the coming season.
    Other than that I contribute financially and occasionally in person towards efforts to bring to an end the progressive mismanagement downward spiral of our football club. You?

As for the second part, if you want to plough your hard earned into plastic pigs and taxis, balloons and banners then that's your prerogative, it's not for me I'm afraid!
    Which basically brings us back to where we started, in that you would rather sit on your arse and whistle Dixie.
    That's your prerogative, but some of us care enough to want to do something try to challenge inept, vindictive and destructive mismanagement of our club.
    The fact is, that you would rather poor scorn on those people than the owner or the SMT.
    Enjoy wasting your dough then mate, what is it now £55k and they're still here, what's the next target £100k?
    About as much as you spent on squirrel face for her birthday present no doubt.
  • Options
    This has been done to death already! There is no right or wrong.

The fear I do have is the damage may take years to repair, I just feel a number of people who gave up season tickets will not just come back if they sold up.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Stig said:

Shush up big mouth!
  • Options

This has been done to death already! There is no right or wrong.

The fear I do have is the damage may take years to repair, I just feel a number of people who gave up season tickets will not just come back if they sold up.

I have to be honest with you R&C it will take a big effort from me now. I have enjoyed having my weekends back in full since my boycott started and I think I would miss the time now.

Sad to admit to it as this year would have been my 50th as a supporter so we will have to see how it plays out.

• Options

I don't see the point in buying a season ticket. It doesn't make me any less or more a supporter. The only advantages are you get a guaranteed seat, (hardly a problem these days), it works out a little bit cheaper if you attend all the games and you get a scarf with a box to keep it in.
    I have no intention of attending every home game and I've already got a scarf and somewhere to keep it.

May have missed the fact that if you wish to go to away games with a limited allocation, although there are some still that get tickets even though they don't buy season tickets or profess to go anymore.
    No, I don't I've missed much, so, what games will we sell out our allocation this season?
    Dear leader has reduced our support to such a point I could probably buy 6 tickets for each game. Unless,of course, we manage to get a squad together that wins promotion at a romp.
    Nothing has changed on the first team front, we are not the bookies favourites for anything except mediocrity.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Stig said:

Shush up big mouth!
    Only if you let me have the scarf!
  • Options

No, I don't I've missed much, so, what games will we sell out our allocation this season?
    Dear leader has reduced our support to such a point I could probably buy 6 tickets for each game. Unless,of course, we manage to get a squad together that wins promotion at a romp.
    Nothing has changed on the first team front, we are not the bookies favourites for anything except mediocrity.
    I dread to think what the apologists would post if we got promoted.
  • Options

I dread to think what the apologists would post if we got promoted.
    I dread to see what the apologists would post if we got relegated.....
  • Options
    I wonder if the people who call other supporters apologists will get over themselves if we get promoted?
  • Options
    They would probably blame card