Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket

Comments

• Options

There clearly are some very bitter people on here. Stop upsetting yourselves and support the club are working with fans to build bridges and sadly as highlighted for ages there are certain people that are bell bent on causing trouble.

The best (and for me only) way the club can build bridges is to win, a lot.
  • Options
    Nug said:

seth plum said:

There clearly are some very bitter people on here. Stop upsetting yourselves and support the club are working with fans to build bridges and sadly as highlighted for ages there are certain people that are bell bent on causing trouble.

And put in place a new, experienced CEO to replace the one who has failed on every single criteria that normal clubs are judged by. That would show they are building bridges.
    i agree a new competent CEO would go a long way. A winning team is always good but it's the regime we want changed.
    I think Leeds is a good example in recent times of protest against the owners but continue to support the team and eventually things will change
  • Options

Nug said:

seth plum said:

And put in place a new, experienced CEO to replace the one who has failed on every single criteria that normal clubs are judged by. That would show they are building bridges.
    Think the CEO is currently do a good job at the moment, she has learnt from there mistakes and listened to fans.
    Unfortunately the anarchists are still out there who will bitch and moan about the slightest things but not acknowledge how we are getting back on track.
    Must be awful to be that bitter in life and not move on.
    When we are back in the Championship next August, then and only then are they back in credit.
  • Options

Nug said:

seth plum said:

Think the CEO is currently do a good job at the moment, she has learnt from there mistakes and listened to fans.
    Unfortunately the anarchists are still out there who will bitch and moan about the slightest things but not acknowledge how we are getting back on track.
    I wonder what fans she listened to, the ones that made a fuss and protested?
    The ones that were prepared to have dialogue as sensible and rational people would do rather than hawking around there parents house and muddying waters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Typical of the SMT, trying to do something a little extra for fans to mark the 25th anniversary of some meaningless event that happened in the past. Roland out.

No it is typical of the SMT to not understand what true fans want and that is a decent squad of players who can compete at this level. Not cheap gimmicky give aways.
  • Options
    I think it's extremely premature to be declaring that everything is hunky dory down at Charlton because we signed some decent looking players, have got a nice kit and have a new website. We haven't played any competitive games yet and still need at least three new signings (imo). I remember a fair few people were very optimistic after the signings of Novak/Ajose/Holmes and that didn't pan out. At the end of the day, a football club will be judged on its results; if we challenge for promotion all season long then I understand where you're coming from, but if we flop again and finish mid table (or worse) then a fancy webpage, stylish kit and season ticket box will have no bearing on how Charlton continues to be viewed by the majority of its fans and the wider footballing world.
  • Options

Nug said:

seth plum said:

I wonder what fans she listened to, the ones that made a fuss and protested?
    The ones that were prepared to have dialogue as sensible and rational people would do rather than hawking around there parents house and muddying waters.
    I doubt it.
  • Options

Nug said:

seth plum said:

Mate, if you ever get into a decent amount of money, please don't invest it into a company where you think the CEO is doing a simarly "good job".

In true fashion of the current negative fans in which you misread and misinterpret quotes, go back and re- read the quote and then you may understand my reply.

It amazes me on here the assumptions that people make of others when they don't know what there employment or work history is. Embarrassing .
  • Options
    A reasonable pre season, a couple of new players, a new strip, high hopes for next season, and a big red box delivered up here to this remote part of Suffolk . Why do I still not have this feeling of confidence, and, this funny sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I take it in one of these certain people? I don't want to build bridges I want them gone. Were the lads that went over to Belgium hell bent on causing trouble?, or the people that ran on the pitch, that's a lot of charlton fans your calling out and we haven't got that many
  • Options

Apologies for being annoyed at some having a jossle over a fancy box ( for the record not people on here the Facebook group ) the man has taken us from a stable championship club to a average joe league 1 side, we will be lucky to scrape playoffs, but of course I'm not a charlton fan and only want the club to fail and should praise them for it.

25 years - of course remember it, but I'm not going to praise them, I would rather be in the championship as a stable club instead of where we are now with an exclusive Hummel kit - if I'm wrong and they have changed then I'll scoff humble pie, personally I think I'll be going hungry.

One season in the championship after being promot d,from league one after being down there for three seasons in of which one of those we finished in our lowest position ever does not make us a "stable club" does it? Under the tenure of Jeminez and Slater can you remember the pitch in which we played on and the firce criticism it came under especially the adandonmemt of the match in August due to a waterlogged pitch?
    Everything costs money as well as time, there are clubs in the championship and yes I can comment about this as I work within the game and am aware how long decisions can take to be made within football, you think you are there with a deal and drags for weeks if not months, then you think it is a dead deal for it all to be resurrected and done in twenty four hours. There are clubs that at this moment in time all appears to be going wonderfully well on the outside however when you get inside the club itself the ownership is awful, staff unhappy, things are being scrapped in which there is no future for the club however we are the complete opposite and we should be positive about our future as it looks a lot brighter than most clubs including those above us and we are the envy of many in terms of facilities and wages in which we spend.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There clearly are some very bitter people on here. Stop upsetting yourselves and support the protests against a club who have consistently treated the fans with disdain and even threats. sadly as highlighted for ages there are certain people who can completely ignore all the failings since the takeover and wet themselves over a freebie.

Nobody is wetting themselves over a freebie - but if it pleases you to think so.Cant you just move on FFS
    seth plum said:

Nug said:

seth plum said:

I see no particular evidence that the CEO is currently doing a good job, or that she even knows what her mistakes were let alone learned from them. I am not even sure whether or not she has listened to fans, and what would make any difference to her or Duchatelet if she had been.
    Do you have any evidence, or even signs in the runes that Katrien Meire is doing a good job?
    One measure might reasonably be season tickets sold and attendances, and in that area the pointers are that she is doing worse that her already low standard.
    You might say i am bitching and moaning, but I invite you to persuade me that Katrien Meire is currently doing a good job with a bit of specific detail.
    The training facilities are set to become some of the best in the country not just this league, clubs would give anything for our new facilities, a good business is built on solid foundations and we will be able,to attract the best young players, coaches and is fantastic for the future. We will still continue to be a selling club as 99 per cent of all clubs are in the world however I would rather watch good young players come through than spend millions on mercerneries as clubs are currently doing.
    There has been clear dialogue between fans and the club with regards to the new kit.
    We,have brought in some excellent players whom would get into the majority of teams in our league and some of the championships as well as signed up Pearce and Holmes fending off interest from teams in higher divisions.
    Financially stable, competing in the transfer market for now the right sort of players, a good young hungry manager, a back room team with the club at heart.
    Even going back to when PC Palmer lost his life the club were dignified and gave a fantastic tribute to both his family and friends in which was acknowledged throughout football how well the club conducted the remberance of PC Palmer.
    Sadly this wasn't acknowledged by certain people,as the pry haven't acknowledged signing key players however they are prepared to criticise the most trivial of things to have a voice in which in the grand scheme of things is pathetic and sad and now comes across as desperate and very very bitter.
    Thank you for writing all this.
    I won't be churlish and counter a few of the points you have made, but acknowledge that the picture you have painted will appeal to some people, and is one that the club generally wishes to promote.
    You are a optimistic as others you accuse of negativity are pessimistic.
    The redemption will come through success, and then you might hold back in calling many true and deep fans as motivated by bitterness, and you might not be called an apologist.
    Bums on seats and points on the board are my measure these days.
    Thanks for the response, personally I think it would be better that everyone pulls in the same direction and gets behind the team, supports them at home matches as we all want the same goal of promotion. Inter fighting between fans, fans and the board only causes problems both on and off the pitch with no winners and many losers.
  • Options
    Wanky footballing management decisions leads to clubs falling down the football structure not great support by fans .
    Leeds and Pompey two prime examples of that and with the greatest will in the world our support is nowhere near as passionate as them and unfortunately never will be
  • Options
    Both one town/city clubs
  • Options

They're building bridges to those buying STs. Doesn't have any effect on me and as an ex season ticket holder I'm actually who they need to reach. So the initiative is actually good but a waste if they want to increase the numbers attending.
  • Options
    cblock said:

Both one town/city clubs

What's the population of those one towns like compared to our catchment areas ....