Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flights from Hell.

Comments

• Options
    The flights between Jersey and Guernsey could be fun when the weather was a bit rough, they are tiny planes.

First time I flew on one, the pilot was handing round what I thought were sweets but were actually ear plugs. I was sat directly under the wing next to the engine and the bloody thing was deafening.

Didn't help that I was hanging from the previous night.

Was strange having the pilot turn round and talk to passengers during the flight.
  • Options
    Would have more sympathy if their staff had more to their job description than hard selling alcoholic drinks in flight
  • Options

No excuses for bad behaviour but let's not forget the thousands who go by plane after a few drinks and don't cause problems.
    My mate is a nervous flyer and can't get on the plane without several whiskies beforehand.

I'm like that before watching Charlton
  • Options
    I don't understand people who get pissed to get on a plane, unless it's to counter nerves or anxiety. Apart from standard airport pints I don't think I've ever been drunk on a plane.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I don't understand people who get pissed to get on a plane, unless it's to counter nerves or anxiety. Apart from standard airport pints I don't think I've ever been drunk on a plane.

Same here......getting rat arsed on a plane (particularly long hall), is a recipe for a really shyte hang over coupled with a lousy dose of dehydration.
  • Options
    Probably the worst place to have a hangover is on a plane. I went on a bender the night before traveling to Australia and I was ruined for most of the flight. If you are that desperate for a drink at 6am then you must be an alcy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Probably the worst place to have a hangover is on a plane. I went on a bender the night before traveling to Australia and I was ruined for most of the flight. If you are that desperate for a drink at 6am then you must be an alcy.

You can say that again. The amount of times I've been ill on a flight home from excess the night before. Nothing worse for me (or the other passengers) yet I never learn.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

You can say that again. The amount of times I've been ill on a flight home from excess the night before. Nothing worse for me (or the other passengers) yet I never learn.
    For me, it's the mucking about beforehand. Having to be out of a hotel room really early, sitting normally boiling externally and internally, the titting about at check in, waiting for a gate, waiting to board. Once on the plane I'm happy to sleep off the most monstrous of hangovers and wake up wherever I'm landing feeling like I've been teleported. Then the hell begins again with the mincing around to get through passport control claim baggage whilst watching every arsehole disrespect the yellow line and stand on the conveyor belt. Eventually reclaim luggage, clear customs, fresh air and the journey homeward bound
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ha !

Why oh why were they in the microwave?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ha !

Why oh why were they in the microwave?

Thieves wouldn't look there, seems sensible in theory and I bet he's done it loads over the years

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The appartment wasn't in the safest looking area, so we thought we'd be clever and that if it got broken into, they'd never look in the microwave.

Unfortunately, neither did we!!

Don't have big seshes before early flights people!

We laugh about it now. Well maybe not my other mate, who had to drive up to Stansted with my spare car key!!
  • Options
    This thread is showing serious potential :-)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The worst experience I've had was in Virgin's Upper Class cabin on a flight back from Vegas with the newly married Ross Kemp/Rebekah Wade and all their hangers-on. Low-life scum doesn't come into it - the state of the cabin after the flight defies description. At that time Kemp was playing Grant Mitchell. Now while I'm not a violent man I really did have a strong desire to deck him on the way off.

As for restricting booze on flights, no. I'm with David "52 Stubbies" Boon on that one.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think restricting booze on flights would go down very well with the Aussie cricket team.

The only time I ever watched Boon play was at the SCG when he was struggling to get back into the Test team, pushing back maiden over after maiden over. We left after a couple of hours. He was a much better drinker than batsman in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Watched the Panorama one. Told my assistant about it next day, as she was previously 17 years as purser on Czech Airlines. She said that in her experience it was a uniquely British thing. ..

I dunno, the Saudis and Libyans have been known to play up on the odd flight n'all.
    It was quite clearly stated on Panorama that is was not exclusively a British problem, Germans just as bad one airline said.
  • Options

Watched the Panorama one. Told my assistant about it next day, as she was previously 17 years as purser on Czech Airlines. She said that in her experience it was a uniquely British thing. ..

I dunno, the Saudis and Libyans have been known to play up on the odd flight n'all.
    It was quite clearly stated on Panorama that is was not exclusively a British problem, Germans just as bad one airline said.
    I think if its a tie the Germans will win on Penalties.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    MrOneLung said:

If travelling with mates will always have a drink at silly o'clock in the morning. It is to toast your trip or holiday. Doesn't mean we are desperate for a drink or or alcoholics. Also doesn't mean will be loud and throwing up on the plane.

It also doesn't mean you won't!