Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham vs Charlton: Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Views from the Rotherham boss... https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2017/august/read--warne-post-charlton/

Good to see that he didnt think it was a foul on Proctor either, didnt think Robinson was trying to get us to kick it out and I hate to say we shouldnt have (and I'll be saying the same if the boot is on the other foot at some stage this season) - The bloke wasnt suffering from life threatening injuries (i.e. whack to the head) so no reason for it to be stopped because in addition he wasnt in an awkward position on the pitch, i.e. the game had to be stopped for Kashi because he was laying in the middle of the goal!!

One aspect I do take from this game though is the fact that Southend managed to lose 5-0 against this lot... How they did that I'll never know!!
  • Options
    Haven't waded through the match thread, so where did the 11 minutes of stoppage time come from?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Haven't waded through the match thread, so where did the 11 minutes of stoppage time come from?

Injury to their bloke during our 2nd goal. Kashi went down for 2/3 mins.
  • Options
    Appears we had a sickness bug in the squad too.

Great result and has quietly got me believing now
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Impressed with their managers comments. No winging, and from following the thread on here they did have their chances and did not take them.

We still have a lot of work to do, but we are becoming an attractive side to watch.

Its probably the one concern... Should we face another team in real form (Can only think of Wigan or Blackburn here) then they could really hurt us should the chances that Rotherham had, dropped to them
  • Options
    We're going up this season. Great result.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

We're going up this season. Great result.

Lets get Oldham out the way first... they're gonna be a bugger next Saturday and are the real sort of team at this level who'll happily stick 11-men behind the ball to get a point against us i.e. the two results v Oldham last season are a perfect example of this.

Beat Oldham in similar fashion today and I'll think that we're in for a very good chance... a good September as a whole will be a good sign as have seen too many good starts in August that have pettered out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Im not a huge fan of Karl but I cant believe with this team there is 6 teams better than us in this league

Serious question. If he had a different accent and talked less, would you like him more?
    Because his transfer dealings have been good, the style of play is decent/good, and now the results are good.

There are two main scouse accents, and unfortunately he hasn't got the one the Beatles had.
    nothing to do with his accent I just find he talks a lot of shit. well, shit might be a bit harsh but he has a way where he tells everyone his opinion when a lot of the time it isn't necessary. last season was dreadful. this season slightly better but his bollox about they're doing it cos Charlton are on the up sums him up quite perfectly.
  • Options
    Exactly the kind of result a promoted team gets. Keep it going.
  • Options
    View from the Rotherham fans forum..

gm_gm said:
    Today 04:18 PM
    Far better football side than ourselves, tactically better everywhere on the pitch.

As I said previously we are going to ship plenty of goals this year...
  • Options
    Well done the boys!
  • Options

Charlton to go up, Palace to go down, 10/1.

Palace look like the worst team in the PL. would have gone down last year if not for the fat man.

This year they look horrid. So this means it comes down to whether CAFC are 10-1 to go up. I think we are 3-1 and thus to me a 10-1 bet is a very smart one. From a standpoint of expected outcome, that is worth a bet to me.
  • Options

Im not a huge fan of Karl but I cant believe with this team there is 6 teams better than us in this league

I'm not a huge fan of Karl* either but I can't believe with this team there are 2 teams better than us in this league.

*But keep this up and I will warm to him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite a couple of near misses early on I thought we more or less controlled the game and ran out deserved winners.
  • Options
    Going to be honest, I'm struggling to bold highlight all the reviews from those that were there because every time I highlight the text, the options of cut, copy, select all etc are covering the bold icon on my I phone

I think red chaser, 31 year failure, forever addicted and south west addicks are those that have offered post match views that went so far

Apologies if I've missed any
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Going to be honest, I'm struggling to bold highlight all the reviews from those that were there because every time I highlight the text, the options of cut, copy, select all etc are covering the bold icon on my I phone

I think red chaser, 31 year failure, forever addicted and south west addicks are those that have offered post match views that went so far

@cabbles I'm a technophobe mate but I had that trouble until my son said try turning your phone landscape and then see if you can get to the bold icon and low and behold I could :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

@cabbles I'm a technophobe mate but I had that trouble until my son said try turning your phone landscape and then see if you can get to the bold icon and low and behold I could :wink: .
    Good man
  • Options
    cabbles said:

No - still failing

AFKA's only going to beat me and give my job to ibborg but I've tried my best

Why? Is hell about to freeze over then :wink:
  • Options

Just one question: how are Marshall and Reeves going to get into the team?

It's called a 46 game season and the 3 games a week/ double digit injury list is your answer. It also highlights the ridiculous anti Robbo posts last season.