Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham vs Charlton: Post match views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Also where's the guy with that excellent blog we had last week ?
  • Options

jamescafc said:

Just got back.

Still have concerns about JM. I think the 10 behind him are good enough to make a serious challenge for the league but not sure he's up to scoring the goals we'll need. A few times today I saw Holmes seriously frustrated that quality crosses were being put in but no one was there to convert.

I thought just the same at Plymouth. I was behind the goal we were attacking 2nd half & there must have been 3 or 4 balls that came i9nto the box that Big Josh didn't appear to go for at all...I was screaming my head off at him to move and imo he didn't look interested.
    You could see in that game that Big Josh wasn't sharp or match fit. Don't forget he wasn't originally down to play but was rushed back from injury because Novak had got himself suspended and TWatt was packing his bags for Belgium - there was no one else unless one of the kids was to be thrown in.

As the 2nd half wore on Magennis' lack of fitness saw him flagging badly. TBF to him, he still got himself into the right place at the right time to miss those 3 clear cut chances. Another day he'd convert some of those - as we've seen in each of the last 2 League games.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

jamescafc said:

Just got back.

Still have concerns about JM. I think the 10 behind him are good enough to make a serious challenge for the league but not sure he's up to scoring the goals we'll need. A few times today I saw Holmes seriously frustrated that quality crosses were being put in but no one was there to convert.

I thought just the same at Plymouth. I was behind the goal we were attacking 2nd half & there must have been 3 or 4 balls that came i9nto the box that Big Josh didn't appear to go for at all...I was screaming my head off at him to move and imo he didn't look interested.
    You could see in that game that Big Josh wasn't sharp or match fit. Don't forget he wasn't originally down to play but was rushed back from injury because Novak had got himself suspended and TWatt was packing his bags for Belgium - there was no one else unless one of the kids was to be thrown in.

As the 2nd half wore on Magennis' lack of fitness saw him flagging badly. TBF to him, he still got himself into the right place at the right time to miss those 3 clear cut chances. Another day he'd convert some of those - as we've seen in each of the last 2 League games.

If you read KR comments, some players including Josh and Novak had a sickness bug and because both had it, Josh had to start, no wonder he looked tired towards the end
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Oggy Red said:

jamescafc said:

Just got back.

If you read KR comments, some players including Josh and Novak had a sickness bug and because both had it, Josh had to start, no wonder he looked tired towards the end
    I was replying to Golfie's post specifically about Magennis' performance at Plymouth, Ross.
    Don't think the sickness bug applied to Josh that day - and anyway, Novak was suspended.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

Oggy Red said:

jamescafc said:

Just got back.

I was replying to Golfie's post specifically about Magennis' performance at Plymouth, Ross.
    Don't think the sickness bug applied to Josh that day - and anyway, Novak was suspended.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Saturday, as I have read others saying Josh looked disinterested
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

jamescafc said:

Just got back.

If he's been ill in the week, I'd say his lack of fitness toward the end was likely more down to that than coming back from injury too soon. I agree he might well have been rushed back, but I thought he looked pretty fit against Northampton. Time will tell what his fitness looks like in a couple weeks' time.

Being ill, even just a cold, can absolutely suck the energy out of you. A stomach bug...I feel for them. Makes the win all that more impressive.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

KR does seems good at assessing talent. Have to give him credit.

I agree, very impressed with his signings with Marshall and Reeves still to come. Only one of the other 4 I was initially happy with was Da Silva. I thought Clarke and Amos would be decent, but Clarke has surprised me and hopefully Amos keeps improving.

Fosu is the find thats for sure. I do think we might be relying on him a little too much at the minute because of lack of cover, obviously that is because Marshall and Reeves aren't fit. Robbo wanted cover but I don't think it will happen.
    I'd like to add JFC to that mix. He looks more consistent and fitter this season, and I think we're only starting to see what he's capable of on the ball. Still think playing alongside Kashi he'll really explode this year.

I was incredibly impressed by Amos yesterday. His coming to claim and punching were excellent. I also think his use of the ball and distribution are underrated. He can get it and give it but away from home a goal to the good he was very clever about looking for a quick ball then taking his time to make sure he didn't put us in dangerous situations at the back. The sign of a real mature goalkeeper.
    yeah I was referring to the 6 signings made in the summer. But obviously JFC and Kashi are like new players this season, and Bauer and Pearce are beginning to form a solid partnership. Even Solly looks reborn.
  • Options

1-0 Bauer

2-0 Magennis

Making me miss @plentyofshots what happened to him?
    Site got taken down & Twitter account got suspended. EFL are v hot on copyright and I didn't want to risk it.
    Fair enough. Disappointed as I used to enjoy your clips.
  • Options
    If Josh had been ill, it was a bit odd that he wasn't substituted! Novak came on for Clarke instead
  • Options

If Josh had been ill, it was a bit odd that he wasn't substituted! Novak came on for Clarke instead

Good decision. Meant another big unit to defend against the high balls being pumped into our box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Yes but you bold highlighted - psychological games when I'm under pressure to deliver all the match reviews in bold highlights :smiley:

Don't start!