Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham vs Charlton: Post match views

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

No - still failing

AFKA's only going to beat me and give my job to ibborg but I've tried my best

Why? Is hell about to freeze over then :wink:
    Flagged
  • Options

That's a proper football result.
    Almost Curbs-like with Solly getting good reports too.
    Well done lads - a much better result than it looks on paper.

Now come on Roland, spend 1.5m on the boy from St. Evenage this week, keep Kashi and Konsa and let's get on with it.

Mmm he isn't value for us at that price!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

No - still failing

Why? Is hell about to freeze over then :wink:
    Flagged
    What I meant was AFKA won't bin you off for Brogib until hell freezes over and that's never going to happen :wink: .
  • Options
    Yes but you bold highlighted - psychological games when I'm under pressure to deliver all the match reviews in bold highlights :smiley:
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Going to be honest, I'm struggling to bold highlight all the reviews from those that were there because every time I highlight the text, the options of cut, copy, select all etc are covering the bold icon on my I phone

I think red chaser, 31 year failure, forever addicted and south west addicks are those that have offered post match views that went so far

Apologies if I've missed any

Posted earlier on train home open the champagne
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Just one question: how are Marshall and Reeves going to get into the team?

Apart from the normal injuries and the need to rest and rotate and all that, I think Fosu is going to need some time out of the team. He's still a little too inconsistent with his final ball. He will also be an absolute nightmare for defenses in this league coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go.

He's still only 21, only a couple years older than Karlan. I don't want to be overly critical as he's put in some great shifts this year, I just think it's a natural part of his progression.

Reeves played from the right a fair amount of MKD, or he could play through the middle with Clarke going to the right. Given how much those front three interchange, where they start probably doesn't massively matter.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Going to be honest, I'm struggling to bold highlight all the reviews from those that were there because every time I highlight the text, the options of cut, copy, select all etc are covering the bold icon on my I phone

I think red chaser, 31 year failure, forever addicted and south west addicks are those that have offered post match views that went so far

Posted earlier on train home open the champagne
    Sorry clb74
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017

Injury to their bloke during our 2nd goal. Kashi went down for 2/3 mins.

Kashi has been down like that in almost every game. Has my heart in my mouth!!
  • Options

Charlton to go up, Palace to go down, 10/1.

Add West Ham down for treble. Saw their game today and they were terrible.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    What has to be said about most of our players is that we can pass with a bit of zing as they all have the first touch to recieve comfortably. It is a very promising trait and Robinson needs to take credit for that. In football, the difference between good and bad passing can often be the reciever.
  • Options

Views from the Rotherham boss... https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2017/august/read--warne-post-charlton/

Good to see that he didnt think it was a foul on Proctor either, didnt think Robinson was trying to get us to kick it out and I hate to say we shouldnt have (and I'll be saying the same if the boot is on the other foot at some stage this season) - The bloke wasnt suffering from life threatening injuries (i.e. whack to the head) so no reason for it to be stopped because in addition he wasnt in an awkward position on the pitch, i.e. the game had to be stopped for Kashi because he was laying in the middle of the goal!!

One aspect I do take from this game though is the fact that Southend managed to lose 5-0 against this lot... How they did that I'll never know!!

To be fair - I thought Proctor was putting it on because he wanted to indicate to the ref it was a foul - I would have been livid had we kicked the ball out. I was surprised he was badly injured, but certainly no foul.
  • Options

Im not a huge fan of Karl but I cant believe with this team there is 6 teams better than us in this league

The acid test is what happens when we've picked up a few injuries.

BRILLIANT STUFF LADS! Love an away win up north.

Let's hope you get used to it.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Good breakfast viewing for me in California. Over the years I have been in Cali for 36 games. Been keeping a count and we have won 29.

Should probably just not come home this time!

It's such a lovely country, er I mean state (don't want to get ahead of ourselves), isn't it?
    We spend our time in Newport Beach so a couple of hour's north of you. Eagerly 'awaiting' another lovely so cal heatwave this week. Gonna be 105 at Disneyland. More like Palm springs! SD will be a lovely 85 with that lovely Pacific breeze
    Ugh I don't miss SoCal summers. I'm actually living up in Oregon now. That said next couple days will be high '90s without the ocean breeze. Newport Beach is such a beautiful area.
    I'm enjoying the SoLon summer this year, interspersed with a bit of SoCro and WeBel.

(South London, South Croatia, West Belgium).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

No - still failing

You could always do it the old skool way by typing the codes:
    Less than b greater than at the start
    Less than slash b greater than at the end
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Good breakfast viewing for me in California. Over the years I have been in Cali for 36 games. Been keeping a count and we have won 29.

It's such a lovely country, er I mean state (don't want to get ahead of ourselves), isn't it?
    We spend our time in Newport Beach so a couple of hour's north of you. Eagerly 'awaiting' another lovely so cal heatwave this week. Gonna be 105 at Disneyland. More like Palm springs! SD will be a lovely 85 with that lovely Pacific breeze
    Ugh I don't miss SoCal summers. I'm actually living up in Oregon now. That said next couple days will be high '90s without the ocean breeze. Newport Beach is such a beautiful area.
    I'm enjoying the SoLon summer this year, interspersed with a bit of SoCro and WeBel.

Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking South Croydon and West Belfast.
  • Options

What usually happens is they sit on the bench and when someone gets injured or for a tactical move they replace the player and then hopefully for the sub he can play well enough to make the manager keep him in the side.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Nah dont bold my text... I wasnt there yet saw the game on iFollow at home via my VPN so will have a different viewpoint to those that went
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Taxi_Lad said:

Injury to their bloke during our 2nd goal. Kashi went down for 2/3 mins.

Kashi has been down like that in almost every game. Has my heart in my mouth!!

I think its his way of slowing the game down and wasting a bit of time... i.e. yesterday it was because he hit his face on the netting

Must have hurt a bit because the net will be taunt but seriously? - Shouldnt need a few mins of physio surely Ahmed? ;)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking South Croydon and West Belfast.
    Shit summer that would be