Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    I recently purchased some Anker Headphones from Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-SoundBuds-Bluetooth-Waterproof/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Anker&qid=1575017486&smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&sr=8-5
    Find them better than earbuds because of the wings that keep the ear piece in your ear... You get given different sizes depending on the size of your ears so can change them if neccessary
    Sound quality isnt the best that I've ever had but guess thats what you get for £20 (normal price)
  • Options
    First park run today at Danson, saw plenty of CAFC clothing on show.

28.18....happy with that - not done a stitch of exercise for some weeks now due to a frozen shoulder and a 3 day stint in hospital 2 weeks ago for an emergency internal bleed, definitely felt tired on that 2nd lap as iron levels still pretty low
  • Options
    First one I’ve missed for ages - too hungover to get out the door! Fantastic celebratory beers last night.
  • Options
    Looking for recommendations on what to use to listen to music when running.

i may be blessed with disappointing ear holes, but I just use standard iPhone ear phones and they’re forever falling out whilst running. I don’t trust the cordless ones for exactly the same reason so I reckon I need something (low to mid budget) that are either headphones, or are attached to the ear.

any thoughts / recommendations?

I list to podcasts - Charlton Live or cycling ones in the summer. Sometimes BBC London is I'm using a radio. I find music a bit distracting for some reason.
  • Options
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-SoundBuds-Bluetooth-Waterproof/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Anker&qid=1575017486&smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&sr=8-5
    Find them better than earbuds because of the wings that keep the ear piece in your ear... You get given different sizes depending on the size of your ears so can change them if neccessary
    Sound quality isnt the best that I've ever had but guess thats what you get for £20 (normal price)

I use bone conducting headphones. Means you can hear those around you, which is particularly useful when cycling.

28.40 for the Park Run today (Strava timing).
  • Options
    My 6th consecutive Parkrun of getting slower, my 34th Parkrun being my 4th slowest. Was close to walking at one point. 

Need to up my game
  • Options
    32.46 over at Victoria Dock in the fog, which was quite something. Pleased with that. Had a chat with a couple of Sheffield Wednesday fans who were down for the game and were looking for the quickest way to the Anchor & Hope (apart from swimming).
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I use bone conducting headphones. Means you can hear those around you, which is particularly useful when cycling.

by far the best solution if you want to listen to anything. I absolutely love my aftershokz, so much safer than normal headphones as you can still hear traffic etc. Also means nothing in the ears which can get uncomfortable at times when running.
  • Options
    Up in Edinburgh so went for a jog round the meadows. Got the "frosty" badge on Garmin connect for running in sub zero conditions. It was a little bit nippy!
  • Options
    rina said:
    JamesSeed said:

by far the best solution if you want to listen to anything. I absolutely love my aftershokz, so much safer than normal headphones as you can still hear traffic etc. Also means nothing in the ears which can get uncomfortable at times when running.
    And they don't fall out like ear buds can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My slowest ever last week but I hadn’t gone for ages and have been a little unwell. Couple that with the amount of leaping, slipping, sliding and swimming that were required to traverse last week and I may just rock up in my Speedo’s tomorrow, it’s definitely rained every day since Grrrr
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    My slowest ever last week but I hadn’t gone for ages and have been a little unwell. Couple that with the amount of leaping, slipping, sliding and swimming that were required to traverse last week and I may just rock up in my Speedo’s tomorrow, it’s definitely rained every day since Grrrr

was thinking the same about tomorrow. Perversely looking forward to it.

Last Saturday was my 35th Parkrun. Bar my first 3, it was also my slowest. Despite feeling fairly good running last week, i ended nearly 3 minutes slower than where i was at the end of Sept. Can't really understand how i've regressed so much but hey ho, still enjoy it which is the main thing. 

Would love to get out for the Xmas Day run but just can't get away with it at home.

Going to attempt 'the double' on New Years Day though for the first time.

• Options
    IAFKABartram said:

i may be blessed with disappointing ear holes, but I just use standard iPhone ear phones and they’re forever falling out whilst running. I don’t trust the cordless ones for exactly the same reason so I reckon I need something (low to mid budget) that are either headphones, or are attached to the ear.

I use and love these.
     https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756T7R5T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Unn.DbPRC495P

• Options
    Hilly Fields is going to be interesting tomorrow! Just this second gone past Avery Hill on the bus and it looks... boggy.

Anyone indulging in a Christmas Day parkrun?

Sutcliffe Park are looking for volunteers, money, and the council to pull its finger out: https://853.london/2019/12/17/parkrun-could-come-to-sutcliffe-park-after-council-leader-steps-in/

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

was thinking the same about tomorrow. Perversely looking forward to it.

Last Saturday was my 35th Parkrun. Bar my first 3, it was also my slowest. Despite feeling fairly good running last week, i ended nearly 3 minutes slower than where i was at the end of Sept. Can't really understand how i've regressed so much but hey ho, still enjoy it which is the main thing. 

Would love to get out for the Xmas Day run but just can't get away with it at home.

Going to attempt 'the double' on New Years Day though for the first time.

I only started this January but have only managed 17 so far! I think maybe I should just buy a kagool (spelling?) and get on with it
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    IAFKABartram said:

I use and love these.
     https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756T7R5T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Unn.DbPRC495P

Pretty much the same as what I use
  • Options
    lots and lots of cancellations for tomorrow, plenty of courses are underwater. check Facebook pages for news before you go
  • Options
    Hmmm...

wet slippy mudbath or warm dry gym?
  • Options
    Hmmm...

wet slippy mudbath or warm dry gym?
    I'm taking the hot yoga option
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     cancellations list, though not,sure how real time it’s being updated

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/cancellations/
  • Options
    Sacked it off.

bit annoyed all the local ones haven’t been called off to be honest. At the end of the day they are public parks and will be cut to ribbons this morning with a couple of hundred churning them up 
  • Options
    Sacked it off too.
    It hasn’t really stopped raining since last week and it was pretty treacherous then, rained most of the night too, I may pound the pavements instead...
  • Options
    Sacked off my park run... Just home from a standard three mile run instead

Not sure if this has been asked but anyone planning on running a Christmas Day ParkRun?
  • Options
    Mrs Hex decided to do Parkswim at Dartford Heath instead.

• Options
    My missus asked me the question so I had a quick count up on my recent holiday of how many different countries I had run in. Currently on 29 (cheating a bit by including England and Wales separately). Didn't include different Greek, Spanish islands etc. and I reckon there's probably a dozen US states that counted as one. No wonder my knee is knackered but it is a great way of seeing places you might not otherwise get to see or getting your bearings in a foreign city. 

No Parkruns but all going to be around 10k or longer and as I don't travel for work I was pleasantly surprised I'd got to nearly 30 tbh. 

Come on then, what's your total and where's the most unusual destination you've run in?
  • Options
    My missus asked me the question so I had a quick count up on my recent holiday of how many different countries I had run in. Currently on 29 (cheating a bit by including England and Wales separately). Didn't include different Greek, Spanish islands etc. and I reckon there's probably a dozen US states that counted as one. No wonder my knee is knackered but it is a great way of seeing places you might not otherwise get to see or getting your bearings in a foreign city. 

No Parkruns but all going to be around 10k or longer and as I don't travel for work I was pleasantly surprised I'd got to nearly 30 tbh. 

Come on then, what's your total and where's the most unusual destination you've run in?
    Probably along a beach in Madagascar, but that was mainly because I was being chased by a family of wild geese
  • Options
    Did Catford this morning. Muddy and slow, but fun. The bit that was least muddy was the site of The Mount...
  • Options
    Dammit, had my days mixed up