Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    For anyone reading these posts and feeling inspired to get up and go... 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87809/lifers-couch-to-5k-course#latest
  • Options
    kimbo said:
    I’m happy to drive any lifers from Avery Hill to Danson (and then back to civilisation) if that would help anyone
    That’s really kind. We are going to Swansea in NYD is that too far?
    He said civilisation
  • Options
    Have been volunteering at Danson for the last few months due to hernia op...was there on Xmas Day, was brilliant, even stood on my own by the boathouse......have loved the volunteering as much as I have the running to be honest....but apparently Ive recovered now and so will be starting again with a slow plod around Danson on the 4th and seeing how it goes...  Still plan to volunteer at least once a month though...
  • Options
    CC  You can plod round with me and my hound on 4th, or is that too slow? 
  • Options
    Did a Beckenham Place Park - Hilly Fields double last year; took it very easy on the second run, which featured some moments where I broke into a stroll...

Hoping to do Peckham Rye (9am) then Hilly Fields (10am) tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll be up to 99 parkruns after those two. 
  • Options
    Did a Beckenham Place Park - Hilly Fields double last year; took it very easy on the second run, which featured some moments where I broke into a stroll...

Hoping to do Peckham Rye (9am) then Hilly Fields (10am) tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll be up to 99 parkruns after those two. 
    I think that was potentially going to be my double attempt but I think I’m already giving up on the idea, but hoping out I can work out how to cycle to hilly fields to maybe just try that one?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I think that was potentially going to be my double attempt but I think I’m already giving up on the idea, but hoping out I can work out how to cycle to hilly fields to maybe just try that one?
    Just cycling up the hill to get there should sort you out!
  • Options
    Hoping to do a park run double today but as it’s 4am and just stopped drinking it may be a stretch. Happy New Year to all the Charlton Runners out there. I find the Strava group very useful to spur me on when I don’t really feel like going out. 
  • Options
    One down one to go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Just one in Norman Park. But did 27.30 5 mins quicker than the bethlem bog at the weekend and pleased with that.

Good luck on your second AFKA
  • Options
    Whoops. I know some people posted links and thanks for that. I checked and there wasn’t really a double I could manage unless I used the car so I decided not to but then yesterday (last year) I felt the urge that I should just do a single run. 
    I knew from the links that my two nearest runs weren’t doing New Years Day runs at all so instead of checking the links again I just googled parkrun New Year’s Day SW London and it said the one at  Craven Cottage was starting at 1030 so ride over there, waited around, no signs, no people...eventually 4 other runners arrive, we all look lost together, only one has done the run before and knows the course then one of them Google’s again and spots what we all didn’t, the top result that we’d all clicked on was for NYD2019. 
    So I rode home, still 8 miles on strava for the cycling eh....

Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all ran well 👍🏻
  • Options
    Just did the 10.30 10k, nice and muddy! And painful... Dry January will surely help
  • Options
    Btw, does anyone use summit on Strava?
  • Options
    34.41 at Peckham Rye at 9am (never done that one before, really enjoyable course). took it very easy around Hilly Fields at 10am!

And now back to bed....
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Yes I do... Find it a little useful for the added features
  • Options
    Managed to get round Tilgate and then Reigate this morning. The first one was my third best Parkrun time so thinking of changing my training routine to incorporate less sleep and more alcohol. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Yes I do... Find it a little useful for the added features

I might give the free trial a whizz.

Just looked, there were 991 runners at Chelmsford today!
  • Options
    721 were at Danson this morning, pretty incredible. 

Parkrun just continues to grow and grow and grow...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't run for three weeks. Have an injured meniscus or something. Frustrating.
  • Options
    34.41 at Peckham Rye at 9am (never done that one before, really enjoyable course). took it very easy around Hilly Fields at 10am!

And now back to bed....

That must have been you in the black charlton shirt at both Peckham and Hilly Fields then, was me giving you a shout at both of them. good effort!
  • Options

A record 467 at Avery Hill Park and would expect a record at Danson as well. Fantastic turnouts and reckon there were a good 200 who did both. 

240 did both. 267 did my rickmansworth/cassiobury double

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12qJuqOjPRRWbCH0mnvImkM7t2aPQULot4CwK8FBGf10/htmlview#gid=0
  • Options
    olster said:

And now back to bed....

That must have been you in the black charlton shirt at both Peckham and Hilly Fields then, was me giving you a shout at both of them. good effort!
    rumbled! Good work on the double, you seemed to be doing very well!
  • Options

Those stats are awesome @rina

So of the 467 of us who did Avery Hill at 9am, 306 of us then did another one!

• Options
    I'll be there, and without a hangover for once... I'm be it's going to busy with fellow resolutioners