Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

1919293949597»

Comments

• Options
    Did Folkestone parkrun yesterday - nice simple course on the cliff-top. Weather was nicer in the morning than it was in the afternoon - clear and fresh with a breeze coming from the sea. Caught up with an old pal I hadn't seen for years, saw a couple of other familiar faces too. 
  • Options
    I warned our grandson he should stay behind us today knowing I would let him loose near the finish.  With no respect for his elders he ran off from the start finishing 55 places ahead in 29:52.
  • Options
    Shorne has a fairly consistent band of volunteers and you can see the attraction of belonging to a new community once running has given you up. 
  • Options
    Clapham Common parkrun for me yesterday - probably the craziest parkrun I've ever done, finished 989th out of 1,044! It's a much younger crowd than your average parkrun...
  • Options
    edited April 28
    Clapham Common parkrun for me yesterday - probably the craziest parkrun I've ever done, finished 989th out of 1,044! It's a much younger crowd than your average parkrun...
    I found the one I ran yesterday a bit odd. I battled round Hastings High School Parkrun (it's in Leicestershire a few miles out from  Smocklington Hollow 🤣)

Less than 150 souls running it and it was one lap of cross country around their playing fields, followed by three more but with a paved circuit, winding it's way around the school buildings, added to it. Quirky, but not one I'll repeat as  I'm not one for laps.
  • Options
    Yeah the last couple of times I’ve been it’s been around the 1,000 mark, I think when I first went there was only about 300.
    I think it’ll quieten down once Battersea get theirs (although there’s been some moodiness about that in some of the local press apparently)
    I did Hanworth yesterday, very quiet and rather windy is all…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe Ebbsfleet parkrun is due to start later this year.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Do you know which park that is please? That would be very handy for me. 

I went to Northala Fields yesterday as it's by Ruislip for the train to Wycombe. So at least I got something out of yesterday's away trip.

Next week we'll try the new one near Crawley at Wakehurst. That's in or around a botanical garden I think.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Hex said:

I went to Northala Fields yesterday as it's by Ruislip for the train to Wycombe. So at least I got something out of yesterday's away trip.

Next week we'll try the new one near Crawley at Wakehurst. That's in or around a botanical garden I think.
    Not yet.  Sorry.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    RedPanda said:
    Hex said:

Not yet.  Sorry.
    I think (was talking to someone about it during the week) it is going to be near/around the lake at the bottom of the ebbsfleet development. Parking and a decent independent coffee shop nearby. What 3 words would be: reject.loyal.edits at a rough guess.
  • Options
    Here's something for all of you with youngsters who enjoy running & want to try something different  - this is taking place in Hyde Park on Saturday May 11th 

http://www.rollerski.co.uk/nextgen.html

Team GB are looking for new Nordic Skiers, particularly kids 11-15 years old who might be interested in getting on the Olympic Pathway for Team GB & Cross Country Skiing.

All equipment is provided & this really suits any youngster with some fitness, balance & curiosity to try a new sport. It leads to racing both on Roller Skis around London & GB, but especially the opportunity to go & race in Europe in the winter on snow.

There are also adult lessons at the same time - no exaggeration that Nordic Skiing is one of the toughest sports that rapidly develops phenomenal body strength & cardio fitness & in the winter gives you the skills to ski in Scotland, Scandinavia, North America & all the usual European places.

If interested DM me for more details

https://youtu.be/Sdv2izoAq9w?si=qoE-TuVRdvyAkdin