Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 15
    Aw man, if I knew that was today I would have gone there instead of Clapham…

It doesn’t appear on the app yet, are you sure todays has counted?
  • Options
    It was the test event last week the results will go up Monday
  • Options
    It's taken seven years to get to 100..... that's pages on here btw, not my Parkruns 🤣

Where can I find a list of the runs inside of the M25, and is Squerrys Winery the closest one that's outside?
  • Options
    First time at Malling (Leybourne Lakes CP) today and managed to dodge the rain, the potholes and the rough surface.  It's a flat course but takes more than 1k for the pack to spread out so you can make progress. 

You can pay (£2.20 for 2 hours) for the car park by card at a machine but if you choose the app there's a 49p surcharge !
  • Options
    Yeah I can see the results on the website now.
    Annoyed it didn’t appear on the app otherwise I’d have gone there this morning 😤
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Annoyed it didn’t appear on the app otherwise I’d have gone there this morning 😤
    There's an app ?
  • Options
    I was Marshalling at the inaugural Morden Parkrun today.
    Nice one, how did it go? 103 looks like a good number to start with, hopefully you won't get swamped over the next couple of weeks. 

I went over to Richmond today, which was very nice indeed - big one-lapper through the park. Even the rain right at the end couldn't spoil it. Will have to return that way soon to do Old Deer Park (closer to Richmond station) and Kingston (which seems easier to reach from there). 

That's 47/62 63! London ones done now.
  • Options
    Nice one, how did it go? 103 looks like a good number to start with, hopefully you won't get swamped over the next couple of weeks. 

I went over to Richmond today, which was very nice indeed - big one-lapper through the park. Even the rain right at the end couldn't spoil it. Will have to return that way soon to do Old Deer Park (closer to Richmond station) and Kingston (which seems easier to reach from there). 

Old Deer Park is a bit underwhelming for such a nice name. Conversely Kingston was way more picture-skew than I would have thought…
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    It's taken seven years to get to 100..... that's pages on here btw, not my Parkruns 🤣

Where can I find a list of the runs inside of the M25, and is Squerrys Winery the closest one that's outside?
    There is a gentleman who has created a map which has more detail than anyone will ever need. https://www.richardgower.com/blog/londone

I think Squerryes will probably be the closest to the motorway itself, if not an exit. Brentwood is fairly close too (and closer to an exit).

Hex said:
    Fumbluff said:
    There's an app ?
    There are two unofficial apps - by far the best is one called "5k parkrunner results". The other is a bit clunky and called Running Challenges.

New parkruns sometimes don't appear on the system until the night before (particularly in London and the southeast) so they don't get swamped with tourists trying to bag an inaugural run or trying to keep their challenges up. So they often won't appear on the apps until after the first event has taken place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Old Deer Park is a bit underwhelming for such a nice name. Conversely Kingston was way more picture-skew than I would have thought…
    Having been down that way before I'm looking forward to doing Kingston - will be one for a nice day! Having just looked at ODP on Streetview... oh well, at least it's not as dull as Walthamstow!
  • Options
    I went to Gunnersbury, it's a surprisingly nice park and route. The Elizabeth Line has been great for parkrun ticks.

West Kingsdown has a parkrun starting soon too, apparently. I don't know where, presumably it'll be trails and hills. 
  • Options
    parkrun have decided in their wisdom not to put new parkruns on the website until after the first event 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I went to Gunnersbury, it's a surprisingly nice park and route. The Elizabeth Line has been great for Parkrun ticks.

West Kingsdown has a parkrun starting soon too, apparently. I don't know where, presumably it'll be trails and hills. 
    More leg protection might be in order if Lymes disease is a genuine concern. 😉
  • Options
    27.33, fastest of the year so far. Happy with that, and reckon I can beat that. Did a 12 k run on Thursday so my legs were a bit heavy 
  • Options
    Awesome running 
  • Options
    Awesome running 
    /crawling.

Whoever designed the course decided to put all
    of the elevation once you’d completed 38km!
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Awesome running 
    /crawling.

Whoever designed the course decided to put all
    of the elevation once you’d completed 38km!
    I saw this on a friend's Strava. Looked like a couple of absolutely brutal climbs near the end. 

Keen to get up to a 50km run at some point. Most I have done is marathon distance.
  • Options
    The downhills were as bad as the ups on jelly legs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are still places left for the North Downs Run in 2 weeks time.
    https://www.facebook.com/share/p/mijS4ZRK2KsnQ78n/
  • Options
    Hex said:
    A recommended race. A beautiful (if tough) course. Great organisation and fantastic cakes at the finish. 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Ran Brighton marathon 10 years ago and it absolutely ruined my ankles and shins so gave it up after that. Recently I've tried to get back into it and though my ankles are still not up to much, 2 laps around Danson Park every Saturday morning for the last few weeks has done me a world of good. 
    I reckon if went to stand around the 23 mile mark of a marathon to watch, the idea of me ever entering one would never cross my mind. I've never run one and won't. Shorter and more frequent runs are all I'll consider now, but that doesn't mean I'm not in awe of anyone putting themselves through that particular endurance discipline.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Really enjoyed this a couple of years ago. I wish my fitness levels were up to it but after a year off running this has come too soon for me this year. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Smithy said:
    Ran Brighton marathon 10 years ago and it absolutely ruined my ankles and shins so gave it up after that. Recently I've tried to get back into it and though my ankles are still not up to much, 2 laps around Danson Park every Saturday morning for the last few weeks has done me a world of good. 
    I reckon if went to stand around the 23 mile mark of a marathon to watch, the idea of me ever entering one would never cross my mind. I've never run one and won't. Shorter and more frequent runs are all I'll consider now, but that doesn't mean I'm not in awe of anyone putting themselves through that particular endurance discipline.
    I doubt I'd ever go further than a half marathon now, but the sense of achievement from completing a marathon is second to none. Undeniably miserable to do those last 10 miles though lol. 
  • Options
    Been out 3 nights in a row so was a challenge getting up this morning but glad I did. Nice run and chat with niece while Jnr smashed it up. 254 at Avery Hill and a lovely vibe. Was perfect running weather this morning 
  • Options
    Bloke in front of my couldn't be bothered to wait so stepped out the line. Seriously, just don't go through the finish? Not a problem as I just took two tickets. Might have nicked his position as well...