Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bury 2017 post-match views

Comments

• well at leat we have an lgbtq team to be proud of.hooray.
  • SDAddick said:

...I think I watched a different match from some of you.

Thought Kashi was absolutely class. Won everything, hassled, harried, and rarely gave the ball away.

DaSilva was very good. JFC was very good. Fosu must have drawn about 10 free kicks, and the game might have been different if their right back had been booked for one of the first five.

Complete one way traffic in the second half. Created some good chances (Magennis, JFC, Bauer/Pearce) and just didn't take them. We were missing that little bit of extra quality that a Reeves, Ricky, or Marshall would bring.

Think people's minds would be different if Duchatalatet just sold the club & we were rid of Meire & the rest of the regime fan boys & apologists. I think a lot of people went into this looking for what they were going to see. Bury had two good chances and to their credit they took one. Complete one-way traffic in the second half. If we play like that most weeks we'll win a lot more than we lose.

• Shocking . Never known a manager to not have no other ways of playing Football . I get our squad is weak but fuck me man , mix it
    Up a bit .KAG is a pony footballer . The intensity and tempo we started both halfs is terrible . We let Teams come on to us so easy and look at times like conceding on every attack. Robinson will talk some compete shit in his press conference again and people will suck him off . Should be beating teams like Bury . Who offered zilch
  • Leuth said:

Fosu was really good and won about ten free-kicks. He needs to stay in the side for now

Fosu hasn't got a brain!!! He keeps shooting from 30 yards instead of playing a simple ball. He beat the man and instead of crossing, he turned back towards the defender. Very wasteful
    Your right I am sure his post was a wind up. He was garbage
  • Sponsored links:

• Not good enough I'm afraid. Poor first half hour, ended the half better with a well taken Magennis goal. Improved a bit second half but didn't really do enough to win the game and I thought a draw was probably a fair result. Obviously we missed Holmes a lot and will get him back on Tuesday but we looked to me what I fancy we will end up being - Good enough to finish top half but unlikely to make the play-offs.
  • Mediocre display - we were half asleep at the start and Bury looked set for an easy afternoon. We improved a bit but have no attacking threat and didn't really look like winning.

Fosu's decision making is garbage - doesn't know when to pass. Loves his stepovers.

Hardly noticed KAG, konsa or Dodoo were playing.

Our squad might be poor but that's true for most teams in this division so as an excuse it's wearing a bit thin.
  • SDAddick said:

...I think I watched a different match from some of you.

Thought Kashi was absolutely class. Won everything, hassled, harried, and rarely gave the ball away.

DaSilva was very good. JFC was very good. Fosu must have drawn about 10 free kicks, and the game might have been different if their right back had been booked for one of the first five.

Complete one way traffic in the second half. Created some good chances (Magennis, JFC, Bauer/Pearce) and just didn't take them. We were missing that little bit of extra quality that a Reeves, Ricky, or Marshall would bring.

Think people's minds would be different if this had happened after Southend. I think a lot of people went into this looking for what they were going to see. Bury had two good chances and to their credit they took one. Complete one-way traffic in the second half. If we play like that most weeks we'll win a lot more than we lose.

With all due respect, we were playing Bury.
  • Novak's banging them in at Scunthorpe :blush:

Simply weren't good enough to break down fully a pretty poor team, had we played Wigan again it'd have been 0-4.

If the 1st 11 aren't all 'on it' we are very average, nothing in reserve to change things and Robinsons persistence to play the same style week in week out is costing us, teams do their homework you know Karl, we must be the most predictable team in the league.
  • There was about a 5-10 minute period of semi exciting huff and puff in the second half but otherwise that was toss
  • edited September 2017
    ^^^there, someone was at the game EDIT I meant cafcnick obv
  • Watched on iFollow. Has three good headers at goal and scored one of them. Don't remember us creating much else. We've played a lot worse but at the same time it wasn't impressive. Feels like a rare draw for a KR team.

Play-offs not impossible but our best chance is with Holmes, Reeves and Marshall in the squad (and the rest saying fit) and even then we lack a striker and proven cover in other positions. I think we have young players that can step up but too many at once and we'll find it very difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/30714/karl-robinson-sat-celebrating-three-points-charlton-athletic/

"The biggest disappointment for me is I don’t think we changed the game when we were making substitutions. We have got good players but they have got to come off the bench and make an impact – they have to."
  • I really thought we would be able to maintain top six but we are just too one dimensional. God only knows what happens if we lose Josh for a period of time. I'm now expecting 8th - 9th by the time the window opens at best.

Hopefully Roland sells before then but I'm not hopeful.
  • Simply not good enough im afraid. Took half hour to get going,equalised then just ran out of ideas by the end. Fosu wtf?? Trying to score from 30+ yards. No. That must be nigh on 40 odd shots from us in the last two games? 1 goal. Says it all. We cant keep saying their keeper was motm etc,we just dont have a natural,even half decent finisher.Bury were fucking awful,typical Clark side,spoilers that were masters in niggly,petty fouling that went unpunished for too long by the weak ref and they were just taking the piss out of him by the end. All in all,KR can dress it up as much as he wants. If we cant beat that shit then we belong where we are quite frankly.
  • Very frustrating. All one way traffic, played nice stuff in patches but all very samey and missing an edge to our play. Another day could have won convincingly.

Not happening for us at the moment. Not panicking yet though

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Said better than me with like 1/10th of the words!
  • Can't believe Robinson took KAG off and left fosu on, fosu was absolutely terrible. when he got the ball he either fell over or ran straight into a bury player. Our bench resembles a kindergarten at the moment, top six budget my arse!