Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bury 2017 post-match views

Comments

• Options

Where the fuck is Reeves. I know he didn't get a pre season but that's his effing fault. How many weeks has he been getting up to speed ? If he's not actually carrying a knock ? Then he is starting to get right on my goat.

One striker in the building and he's not a natural Goalscorer. Duchatelet has left the squad unbalanced yet again. Just sell the club you moron.

If we had a BWP we would be top I rekon.

There's definitely something we are not being told about Reeves.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It would also be nice if people supported the team properly. Woman to my right screaming 'Go back to Chelsea!' at Da Silva. Morons everywhere ffs

The football has been irrelevant since the Watford 5-0.

I can see where she is coming from.
  • Options

Very frustrating. All one way traffic, played nice stuff in patches but all very samey and missing an edge to our play. Another day could have won convincingly.

Not happening for us at the moment. Not panicking yet though

Wait until we only take 2 points from our next 9, that's easily achievable.
  • Options

Carter said:

I appreciate I'm a drum beater for the more realistic amongst us, this is chickens coming home to roost for 2 things

1) woeful investment in the squad
    2) refusal from who I see as a very naive manager in any sort of flexibility and being a complete arse kisser to the regime through desperation to remain relevant and employed

This. Robinson is a good coach but is tactically poor at adapting to game situations.
    And also an a*** licker to the Belgians.
  • Options
    Thought we played ok today and if one of our second half chances had gone in this thread would have been completely different. Squad does lack depth though, would want to rotate for Tuesday but other than konsa I am not sure there is anyone who could come in
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

...I think I watched a different match from some of you.

Thought Kashi was absolutely class. Won everything, hassled, harried, and rarely gave the ball away.

DaSilva was very good. JFC was very good. Fosu must have drawn about 10 free kicks, and the game might have been different if their right back had been booked for one of the first five.

Complete one way traffic in the second half. Created some good chances (Magennis, JFC, Bauer/Pearce) and just didn't take them. We were missing that little bit of extra quality that a Reeves, Ricky, or Marshall would bring.

Think people's minds would be different if Duchatalatet just sold the club & we were rid of Meire & the rest of the regime fan boys & apologists. I think a lot of people went into this looking for what they were going to see. Bury had two good chances and to their credit they took one. Complete one-way traffic in the second half. If we play like that most weeks we'll win a lot more than we lose.

I'm a fan boy and an apologist now? Because I thought we played well when others didn't? The fuck?
    Wasnt referring to you SD but there are plenty that have happily & swiftly swept the toxicity of the Belgian regime under the carpet after a handful of wins in a mediocre division under a mediocre manager.

I just cannot be enthused or making excuses after a grim 1-1 draw in L1 over Bury under the stewardship of an inept SMT & an owner that has no interest whatsoever in Charlton Athletic.
    More than fair enough. And I should have been clearer: the result is not good enough. End of. I was not excited about it. I just don't think we were terrible today. And we are missing what *might* be our first choice attacking three: Reeves, Holmes, and Marshall.

Regarding Roland selling, hopefully goes without saying I wholeheartedly agree. My current thinking is the most likely/fastest way for him to sell is for us to get out of this division. It seems, going on both the sale of part of STTV and the back and forth that went on over the summer, he is willing to sell. But going on what was coming out of the negotiations over the summer, I cannot see him having his valuation matched while we're in this division. Such is his apparent valuation, plus the fact that we're in League One, I genuinely worry about someone who would buy us for 50m or whatever right now. Would new owners be worse than him? Probably not. But of course it's hard to say, not to mention the ridiculous possibility of having new owners with Roland retaining The Valley.

That's my thought process here. That's why I try to remain positive about things, because I think the only way out is up.
    Problem is @SDAddick, I think Duchatelet's price will go up if we find ourselves back in the Championship. He has an unrealistic view of the value of the club at whatever level we are. The crux will come when he runs out of young stars to sell in order to offset (some of) the operating losses. I really think they were touting Konsa around in the summer but couldn't generate too much interest at this stage. And who else is there coming through that could possibly generate decent money?

Duchatelet has done well, in his own terms, in making the player farm concept work so far. A couple of fallow years without a payback may cause him to think again.
    The f***** is going nowhere, pure guesswork mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wasn't there .. irrespective of how we played, what possession we had, how good/bad we looked, relying on Magennis alone for goals and playing (I'll write it YET again) 4231, we are just not going to win many games, especially at home, we just won't score enough goals

I digress somewhat ... Rotherham who we beat comfortably at their place (despite them missing easy chances) have scored 5 goals at home, three times this season ... It looks as though we are gonna have to rely on away form and points to maintain any sort of promotion challenge .. 4231 at home plays right into the hands of away teams who come looking for a point .. we are shut down far too easily
  • Options
    IMHO we played a very poor team today, took us a good half hour to even compete with them.

Should have won with the chances we had in the second half but we are woeful in front of goal and with our final pass.

Grant is hopeless, we must have better than him somewhere, if not we can forget about promotion.

Like last week at times out fought/ muscled at times.

I cannot believe we didn't go 2 up front for the last 30 minutes or so, didn't rate Robinson last season can't see much change this.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I wonder if Robinson's got anything to say?

He certainly had a lot to say to the fourth official the whole game - poor sod must have earache!
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Oggy Red said:

He certainly had a lot to say to the fourth official the whole game - poor sod must have earache!
    He does that every home game. Perhaps if he focused his attention more on his own players the result might have been better.
  • Options

Saturday night and we are picking over the bones of a crap division 3 game against Bury. I never saw this coming 12 years ago. Less than 10K in the ground on a sunny September afternoon watching 22 players bore them senseless.
    God I hate anything Belgium

Even the beer?
  • Options
    Was Clarke injured? Couldn't for the life of me understand that one if he wasn't
  • Options
    edited September 2017

addick05 said:

Oggy Red said:

He does that every home game. Perhaps if he focused his attention more on his own players the result might have been better.
    He does what he is most comfortable with, talking.....,,,,,,,,agree he needs to concentrate on what is going on in front of him and start winning games again ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

...I think I watched a different match from some of you.

Thought Kashi was absolutely class. Won everything, hassled, harried, and rarely gave the ball away.

DaSilva was very good. JFC was very good. Fosu must have drawn about 10 free kicks, and the game might have been different if their right back had been booked for one of the first five.

Complete one way traffic in the second half. Created some good chances (Magennis, JFC, Bauer/Pearce) and just didn't take them. We were missing that little bit of extra quality that a Reeves, Ricky, or Marshall would bring.

Think people's minds would be different if Duchatalatet just sold the club & we were rid of Meire & the rest of the regime fan boys & apologists. I think a lot of people went into this looking for what they were going to see. Bury had two good chances and to their credit they took one. Complete one-way traffic in the second half. If we play like that most weeks we'll win a lot more than we lose.

I'm a fan boy and an apologist now? Because I thought we played well when others didn't? The fuck?
    Wasnt referring to you SD but there are plenty that have happily & swiftly swept the toxicity of the Belgian regime under the carpet after a handful of wins in a mediocre division under a mediocre manager.

I just cannot be enthused or making excuses after a grim 1-1 draw in L1 over Bury under the stewardship of an inept SMT & an owner that has no interest whatsoever in Charlton Athletic.
    100% post.

Until these pricks f*** off we will continue to plod along.

Heaven forbid when the scouser gets the heave ho, Jackson gets the upgrade. Don't do it Jacko.

I so hate these pricks that I have deserted Charlton until they go.

"Sell the club and f*** off home".
    Where we drinking before the Peterborough game.
    Just checked league table yes were 3 points behind wigan
  • Options
    PWR
    Enjoyed it - except for the obvious. Should have won it. Played some great stuff at times - we are too good (IMO) for league one - but we get bullied to easily - we play too prettily! Thought Kashi was great until he tired towards the end. Fosu not a team player - very selfish - decision making poor - never seems to know when to pass or shoot or cross! Rest of the team put in a real shift - though KAG had a good goal and wish his shot that was blocked went in! One of Da Silva's best. On to the next one. Starting (early days) to like like the season that might have been...
  • Options

Was Clarke injured? Couldn't for the life of me understand that one if he wasn't

Back spasm. Jason Pearce left the ground on crutches with his knee in a brace.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Saturday night and we are picking over the bones of a crap division 3 game against Bury. I never saw this coming 12 years ago. Less than 10K in the ground on a sunny September afternoon watching 22 players bore them senseless.

Even the beer?
    The beer, the chocolate, the waffles, the mussels, tin tin, Hercule Poirot, the chips with mayonnaise and anything else that country has inflicted on the world but especially the ones who involve themselves in football.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Not looking bad.
    Team who destroyed us 10 days ago only 3 points in front

I'm not sure why that's a positive. What you're saying is the top four are all vastly superior to us.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Not looking bad.

Have you posted that with a straight face?

The beer is decent tbf.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Uboat said:

clb74 said:

Not looking bad.

I'm not sure why that's a positive. What you're saying is the top four are all vastly superior to us.
    How can we say the top four are vastly superior when we've only played one of them

How do we know that Wigan performance wasnt a match where Wigan massively raised their game against us and wont play like that every week

How do we know that injuries / suspensions wont play their part for our opponents when we play the likes of Peterborough and Shrewsbury - There is such a long way to go from now until the end of the season, there are so many different factors that can ruin any teams season... This time last year Sheffield United were 7th on 14-pts with the likes of Bury / Northampton / Port Vale all ahead of them
  • Options
    Got enough negativity in life
    Charlton is one thing I refuse negativity
    That Wigan team should be further than 3 points ahead but thier not
    Up the reds