Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bury 2017 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017

Crap ist half better second...no idea to break anyone down...too much tippy tappy football going backwards.

Haven't read anymore posts yet but this says it all for me. Only ones that come out with any credit are Forster-Caskey, Clarke and the 2 centre halves. Seen KAG underperform too many times & I assume he's still only here because he is not a high earner & not even RD & Km are stupid enough to get rid of ALL our strikers. Solly is being dragged down & down with every game he plays & is starting to learn from Kashi in how to make mistakes.

I admit we were a bit unlucky with the 2 worldies their keeper pulled off - but then again that's what he's there for. On another day one of those would have gone in & we'd have got all 3 points - but on another day we would have drawn with Southend & Oldham so things even out over a season......and another long & ultimately fruitless season its going to be.

Top 10 finish max with the players keeping us interested every now & again with a run of a few wins, and then dashing our dreams with useless performances, draws & defeats against the bottom 6.
  • Options
    I was actually bored.
    Super Josh cannot trap a bag of cement.
    Least Fosu tries.

Played some nice football at times, wished we had a Beckford in our team - thought he was decent.
  • Options

Uboat said:

clb74 said:

Not looking bad.
    Team who destroyed us 10 days ago only 3 points in front

I'm not sure why that's a positive. What you're saying is the top four are all vastly superior to us.
    How can we say the top four are vastly superior when we've only played one of them

How do we know that Wigan performance wasnt a match where Wigan massively raised their game against us and wont play like that every week

How do we know that injuries / suspensions wont play their part for our opponents when we play the likes of Peterborough and Shrewsbury - There is such a long way to go from now until the end of the season, there are so many different factors that can ruin any teams season... This time last year Sheffield United were 7th on 14-pts with the likes of Bury / Northampton / Port Vale all ahead of them
    Serious question. Do you think pinky and perky have done a good job?
  • Options

Where the fuck is Reeves. I know he didn't get a pre season but that's his effing fault. How many weeks has he been getting up to speed ? If he's not actually carrying a knock ? Then he is starting to get right on my goat.

One striker in the building and he's not a natural Goalscorer. Duchatelet has left the squad unbalanced yet again. Just sell the club you moron.

If we had a BWP we would be top I rekon.

It seems to have gone from Reeves getting fit to Robinson saying that he should not have made him play the checkatrade game. So I'm assuming he picked up a knock then.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Got enough negativity in life
    Charlton is one thing I refuse negativity
    That Wigan team should be further than 3 points ahead but thier not
    Up the reds

Mk11, did you post that with a straight face?
  • Options
    Elfs and co, polite reminder this is a post match thread about the game. No problem with your general conversations, but please start another thread or post in another thread, cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really missed Holmes and the other more experienced wide men.
  • Options
    If Clarke was injured fair enough, but if it was tactical to take him off that was a shocking call. Dodoo has one weapon, pace, which he's not gonna get a chance to show with Bury dropping deeper and deeper. Would have bought Jacko on personally, knows where the goal is. Thought Magennis and the centre backs did decently, everyone else below average. Ahearne-Grant doesn't know when to pass and Fosu made some shocking decisions today. Hopefully Pearce's injury ain't too serious and Reeves will be able to play some part on Tuesday, we need to freshen it up big time.
  • Options
    It looked very much like a mid table team versus a relegation contender. At least it did in the second half. It looked worse than that in the first half. Things picked up when we started running at them rather than trying to pass through them. I hope Clarke is OK.
  • Options
    KAG clearly hasn't got the confidence needed at this level. Noticeable phase of play in the first half, he went on a run horizontal across the halfway line. Showed loads of pace and power running sideways. Ball come back to him 10 secs later, space in front of him to attack, starts poodling back in 2nd gear, no real confidence to take a bit of responsibility risk. Play continues, colleague is about to dead end on the left hand side of the box, he is 20 yards behind. Where he should be screaming, demanding it, it didn't even look like he called, and his body language said nothing about wanting the ball.

We do play a style of play where we put an emphasis with our offensive players (bar Magennis) to spend time with the ball at their feet and make things happen. You need confidence with that and I'm not sure he has got it. And he is a second striker, not a wide player.
  • Options
    Charlton v Bury 2017?

We have played them here already in 2017 back in Feb. Should be Charlton v Bury Sep 2017!
  • Options

Uboat said:

clb74 said:

Not looking bad.

I'm not sure why that's a positive. What you're saying is the top four are all vastly superior to us.
    How can we say the top four are vastly superior when we've only played one of them

How do we know that Wigan performance wasnt a match where Wigan massively raised their game against us and wont play like that every week

How do we know that injuries / suspensions wont play their part for our opponents when we play the likes of Peterborough and Shrewsbury - There is such a long way to go from now until the end of the season, there are so many different factors that can ruin any teams season... This time last year Sheffield United were 7th on 14-pts with the likes of Bury / Northampton / Port Vale all ahead of them
    Unfortunately we don't have a Billy Sharp to score us enough goals hat we need to win games.
  • Options

Uboat said:

clb74 said:

Not looking bad.

Unfortunately we don't have a Billy Sharp to score us enough goals hat we need to win games.
    Nah I do see us more like Bolton out of any of the three promoted from last season...

Reckon if we go up we'd probably mirror what they're doing this season
  • Options
    Thought we started poorly but after Josh's goal we were the more dominant side, their keeper made two very good saves.

Ultimately though we lack options to really change a game, hopefully Reeves and Marshall coming back changes that. But I suspect the lack of strikers will stop any real shot of promotion as the season goes on.
  • Options

Uboat said:

clb74 said:

Not looking bad.

Even if we did do we create the sort of chances for him to score 20-30? I don't remember Magennis having an attempt at goal other than the one he scored and a second good header that was saved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not much to report on what has already been said. Only negative I have is that KAG looked way out of depth at times.
  • Options
    The ground looked almost empty at half time. And what on earth was going on after the crossbar challenge?????
  • Options
    KAG blew another chance to begin to establish himself
    FSG took yet another chance to prove what a fuckwitted fraudulent fat waste of skin he is: bring on an inexperienced defender to replace an ineffective attacker and move the most effective and creative attacker out of the middle where he was bossing the game to accommodate the retarded substitution and in one fell swoop completely fuck up the slowly improving performance, compounded once again afterwards by throwing his attackers under the bus and blaming them for not scoring Karl you are as despicable as you are inept.
    "Thin squad" blah blah bleat bleat "no options" whinge whinge - just do one you've been found out.
    1 point from 2 games against teams still in the bottom 5 - take some responsibility and maybe just maybe play to the squad's actual strengths not just the one half-baked idea you had 2 years ago at MK.
    Bury and Gillingham were both awful and we huffed and puffed and barely troubled either to any real extent.
    Official attendance over 9000!!!!! Where'd they learn that sort of mendacity? Pyongyang?
  • Options

Uboat said:

clb74 said:

Not looking bad.

Serious question. Do you think pinky and perky have done a good job?
    Hell no... I just want people to remember that we're still in September and a LOT can happen between now and May

I've always tried to have a positive attitude towards the eleven on the pitch and wont give up on our promotion attempt until its mathematically impossible
    Laughable return.

What do you have to say about the previous three years?
  • Options

Leuth said:

Saturday night and we are picking over the bones of a crap division 3 game against Bury. I never saw this coming 12 years ago. Less than 10K in the ground on a sunny September afternoon watching 22 players bore them senseless.
    God I hate anything Belgium

Even the beer?
    The beer, the chocolate, the waffles, the mussels, tin tin, Hercule Poirot, the chips with mayonnaise and anything else that country has inflicted on the world but especially the ones who involve themselves in football.
    Tbf I spoke to some Liege fans at the Euros last year and they hate Roland as much as we do so they're not all bad over there.
  • Options
    Anyone can see that this squad isn't going to compete over 46 games. It's quite embarrassing our lack of depth at times!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It would also be nice if people supported the team properly. Woman to my right screaming 'Go back to Chelsea!' at Da Silva. Morons everywhere ffs

Post of the day.
    If this really happened, which I have no doubt it did, then God help us all!
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Leaving aside the result, my overriding concern about today's game is that teams in our division appear to have sussed us out. There was, for me, almost an echo of a game at Rotherham three years ago in the Bob Peteer's era when Yoni Buyens (previously dominant) was put under constant pressure in midfield and Igor found himself crowded out (and hacked) up front by a raft of giant defenders.

In the present team, players like Kashi (in particular) and JFC are very vulnerable to the press and Lee Clarke and his coaching team had clearly done their homework and identified our soft spots. Kashi was practically man-marked in the early part of the game and Bury utilised that pressure to push us back and generally dominate the play. Of course (to paraphrase John Major), they had the not inconsiderable boost of an early goal when Bauer showed Beckford inside, rather than out, but I thought we were very fortunate to be on terms at half time, following JFC's excellent cross and Josh's header. I thought that our only real threat in that period was Fosu, with Clarke also showing a few nice touches. Other than that - and Ahearne-Grant's poor lobbed effort - we didn't really threaten.

The second half was much better, although Bury ran out of steam - and ambition - and resolved both to park the bus and put the boot in on anyone who got past them. We had some half chances but nothing clear cut and, whilst there was only ever going to be one winner as the game drew to a close, we really didn't really do enough on the day.

There is a degree of fragility about the team and the loss of Pearce to injury is clearly a blow. There are not enough goals in the side, although at least Ricky is back on Tuesday and we hopefully have Reeves and Marshall to come in sometime next month.

It is the (on pitch) hallmark of the regime that each new season sees us with a squad lacking in depth and balance. Which has meant that each manager has struggled to change the playing style to adapt to circumstances.

My concern with the current manager is that I get the impression that he really doesn't want to change the formation in any event. When he was successful, it was with an owner who (however much I may detest the franchise thing) supported the manager and allowed squad stability. To be absolutely honest, Robinson was hugely lucky with the calibre of some of his players at MK Dons, and once they were removed from the squad the team nose-dived.

I really don't think that, with this owner, and with this squad, Robinson can be a success.

In hindsight, I am probably glad that my internet has been playing up, and I wasn't able to follow the game, as I'd have been suicidal by half time.