Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shooting incident in Vegas

Comments

• Options

very sad, heading out there a week on Saturday, couple of the people goings 1st time, end of the day you cant let these assholes win, i follow dan blizerian on instagram and he was videoing as it went on and his words were; "some girls just been shot in the head, fuck this im going to get a gun and going back"

as always no surrender to these absolute oxygen theifs.

somehow on twitter trump is already being blamed - which is pathetic imo.

how many more of these attacks need to happen?

RIP to any victims of yet another needless attack.

I'm not sure Dan Blitzerian is a particularly reliable source....
    well he was at the concert when it happened, because on his instagram he filmed it, so probably more reliable than most i would think.
    Likes to exagerrate though, to put it mildly.

Regardless, it sounds terrible - no one should go for an evening out and never come home.
  • Options

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
    How can this not be a terrorist attack. White people commit terrorism too.
    i was pointing out that the gloryfying of guns has nothing to do with someone shooting a load of people, usually there is a motif behind it.
    If the USA didn't glorify gun culture there would be less deaths- you can't kill people with a gun if you don't have one.

this particular attack - sounds like a terrorist attack, its like saying if the uk didnt have vans there wouldnt of been people killed at borough market.

i dont get the gun laws in the states, i wont pretend there a good thing, because there not but anyone that wants to carry out a terrorist attack will find a way of doing it.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I think the problem with the states is that even if they changed their gun laws, they have too many guns in the system. They would change the law back before they allowed time for things to improve. But if this is a terrorist attack, as Palarsehater says, if they haven't got a gun they would find something else so a bit different.
  • Options

I think the problem with the states is that even if they changed their gun laws, they have too many guns in the system. They would change the law back before they allowed time for things to improve. But if this is a terrorist attack, as Palarsehater says, if they haven't got a gun they would find something else so a bit different.

It's a gun attack as far as I can see and if there were less of them there would be less gun homicides. A terrorist attack is far easier to conduct with a gun than a knife unless I'm missing something?

Guns are the main problem here aren't they?

If we had the same gun laws in the UK I would politely suggest that the number of gun deaths and terrorist attacks would go up.
  • Options
    Reports now of three people "detained".
  • Options
    Fifty plus dead.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Reports now of three people "detained".

Any idea of motive for attacks?
  • Options
    Police this morning confirmed that they have shot dead the suspect in the Las Vegas shootings who opened fire on crowds at a country music concert. However, they added that they are now looking for his travelling companion, a woman by the name of Marilou Danley.
  • Options
    50 now dead. This is awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

Fifty plus dead.

FFS. Whatever the whys and wherefores, it's fucking insane.
  • Options
    The latest report I've seen is 50 dead.... Terrible for all those who have friends and family affected.
  • Options
    That is just awfull. What kind of creature does that?
    RIP the victims.
  • Options
    shooter is a Stephen Paddock, a 64 year old man from Nevada
  • Options
    Worst mass shooting in US history
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking, 50+ dead... I just don't get it.
  • Options

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
    i was pointing out that the gloryfying of guns has nothing to do with someone shooting a load of people, usually there is a motif behind it.
    If the USA didn't glorify gun culture there would be less deaths- you can't kill people with a gun if you don't have one.

this particular attack - sounds like a terrorist attack, its like saying if the uk didnt have vans there wouldnt of been people killed at borough market.
    Problem is with guns it is so much easier to cause mass casualties like on the scale we have seen today.

RIP to all the victims.
  • Options
    Incidents like this make you realise how fragile life is. Impossible to comprehend how an evening out can end like this.

Horrific to think how many are affected and how traumatised they must be....
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Phone number to call if you think relative might be a victim is 866 535 5654.
  • Options
    Seen a couple of videos on twitter but won't post them out of respect but the amount of bullets you can hear him firing it's surprising he didn't kill more.

Police have found the woman he was travelling with and have her in custody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No doubt the usual agenda pushing will carry on for the next few weeks from all and sundry, but forget that ... 50 people is just horrific
  • Options
    heading out there a week on Saturday.
  • Options
    Fully automatic weapons are illegal in all U.S. states.
  • Options
    words fail me RIP to all those taken needlessly
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Fair enough @hoof_it_up_to_benty if that's what you believe.

Glorifying guns in my opinion isn't the issue.

The issue is the accessibility of guns and the legality of them.

That is why there are so many shootings. In some states, almost anyone can buy one, no back ground check just a form to fill out then boom here's a gun and here's some rounds.

Personally I feel if guns MUST be legal in the USA then they should only be allowed to be carried after a tough application process that involves:

1. Psychiatric assessment - Stop people who are mentally weak getting access to firearms.

2. Financial background check - Stop people with poor credit or low funds buying a firearm.

3. Proper training of how to use said firearm.

4. The firearm must always be under lock and key. Your safekeeping must be evidenced.

5. If you are carrying there must be a valid reason... I can only think of 3:
    - Hunting in the wild.
    - Law Enforcement
    - Self Defence in that moment. (Burglary, defending innocent lives etc)

5. The first two checks should be completed automatically EVERY quarter.

Luckily however I am not a politician and I don't have to come up with these laws, but I don't think to us in the UK that the above is excessive?

If I had my way it'd be a law to make firearms illegal worldwide. There would have to be ZERO tolerance for carrying.

I'd add to that and ask why a member of the general public should ever have access to the sort of weapon that Paddock has used here. This wasn't a gun or a hunting rifle, it was a fully automatic weapon which allowed him to quickfire hundreds of bullets.

The gun lobby/NRA have absolutely no justification for this, yet did all they could to block Obama every time he tried to react to yet another atrocity in the US.

Horrendous for all there. Senseless murder & maiming of so many innocents.
    Find it hard to believe that one person is responsible for all of these deaths/casualties.
    There does need to be a debate going forward to try and prevent a repeat of this.

What a dreadful day...
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    TelMc32 said:

Dazzler21 said:

That is why there are so many shootings. In some states, almost anyone can buy one, no back ground check just a form to fill out then boom here's a gun and here's some rounds.

Personally I feel if guns MUST be legal in the USA then they should only be allowed to be carried after a tough application process that involves:

1. Psychiatric assessment - Stop people who are mentally weak getting access to firearms.

2. Financial background check - Stop people with poor credit or low funds buying a firearm.

4. The firearm must always be under lock and key. Your safekeeping must be evidenced.

- Hunting in the wild.
    - Law Enforcement

Luckily however I am not a politician and I don't have to come up with these laws, but I don't think to us in the UK that the above is excessive?

If I had my way it'd be a law to make firearms illegal worldwide. There would have to be ZERO tolerance for carrying.

I'd add to that and ask why a member of the general public should ever have access to the sort of weapon that Paddock has used here. This wasn't a gun or a hunting rifle, it was a fully automatic weapon which allowed him to quickfire hundreds of bullets.

The gun lobby/NRA have absolutely no justification for this, yet did all they could to block Obama every time he tried to react to yet another atrocity in the US.

If it was not a terrorist attack, it does change things. There have to be questions how a deranged individual can get hold of this type of weapon! I mean in teh context that terrorists may be able to call on outside resources.
  • Options

No clear idealogical or religious motive seems to have been identified at this stage so I'd say there is just as much chance of plain psychopathy as opposed to terrorism mate
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Dazzler21 said:

- Hunting in the wild.
    - Law Enforcement

If it was not a terrorist attack, it does change things. There have to be questions how a deranged individual can get hold of this type of weapon! I mean in teh context that terrorists may be able to call on outside resources.
    Guns are readily available irrespective of what your reasons are for owning them - that surely is the main issue.