Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shooting incident in Vegas

Comments

• Options
    RIP the murdered

didnt the song"i dont like Mondays" reflect a mass shooting where the female sumbag who did it "explained" her actions were because sge didnt like Mondays? decades ago
  • Options
    This asshole "known to police", in Vegas.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Fully automatic weapons are illegal in all U.S. states.

@limeygent I'm not in any way an expert on guns. The soundtrack we have all heard on the news made it seem that this was fully automatic. Does that not sound right to you, or is it just that this was then an "illegal" weapon.
  • Options
    some absolutely mental footage of it all coming out now, crazy shit.

RIP to the dead and fingers crossed for those injured
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Yes but with a little tweaking a semi-automatic rifle can fire 900 rounds a minute.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/01/07/slide_fire_this_simple_legal_add_on_lets_an_ar_15_fire_900_rounds_per_minute.html
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

limeygent said:

Yes but with a little tweaking a semi-automatic rifle can fire 900 rounds a minute.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/01/07/slide_fire_this_simple_legal_add_on_lets_an_ar_15_fire_900_rounds_per_minute.html
    Please don't answer if you'd rather not but, as a US citizen, do you hold a gun?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Not true at all.

It's legal to own fully automatic weapons in some states IF the weapon was initially registered before 1986.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

limeygent said:

What will the reaction of the gun lobby be?
  • Options

any mass meeting of people is vulnerable to either a terrorist attack or an attack from a madman with no political allegiance, just a fucked up brain and moral set ..
    all 'the authorities' can do is to be as vigilant and responsive as possible to keep the public safe ..

easy to say, perhaps more difficult to achieve .. DO NOT let the bastards win

the terrorists and nutters want us walking around scared, looking over our shoulders for potential attackers, terrified of the shadows, wary of strangers .. cliché time ..

'Keep Calm and Carry On'

We're alright down The Valley then.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Not true at all.

It's legal to own fully automatic weapons in some states IF the weapon was initially registered before 1986.
    Yes, but try to obtain one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

limeygent said:

@limeygent I'm not in any way an expert on guns. The soundtrack we have all heard on the news made it seem that this was fully automatic. Does that not sound right to you, or is it just that this was then an "illegal" weapon.
    Definitely a fully automatic used here.
  • Options
    shocking. RIP to all the victims and thoughts and prayers to their family and friends
  • Options
    I was listening to this on the news earlier then listened in to the police radio. Unbelievable how calm the police were with each other. Really impressive how they hendled it.

I looked around on twitter to see what was going on and this is where it starts to go pear shaped.

Rumours of shooters at Bellagio, Luxor (and a car with wires sticking out the back), Newyork Newyork, MGM.

Turns out most of it is incorrect but also shows just how harmful social media can be with these situations. People need to think before they post but t hey would rather try to be the one to "break" the story

RIP to those affected
  • Options
    Just had a look at it seems confusing across the US. Would appear that it is still possible, although it is meant to be highly controlled. "Grandfathered" automatics are still out there, but apparently these would probably fire nowhere near as many as current semi-automatics.

The question then is why any form of automatic, full or semi, should be available to Joe/Joanna Public.
  • Options

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
    How can this not be a terrorist attack. White people commit terrorism too.
    No clear idealogical or religious motive seems to have been identified at this stage so I'd say there is just as much chance of plain psychopathy as opposed to terrorism mate
    Rumours it was political and therefore if true it IS Terrorism.

A lot of talk on twitter that it is ANTI Trump.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

limeygent said:

" For a few hundred dollars, you can convert the semi-automatic AR-15 into a rifle that can simulate automatic fire. And it’s perfectly legal."

FFS America... you do yourself no favours.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    On holiday in the US (Florida). The sound of the automatic weapon on the news videos is horrific. RIP to all who died.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Surely any act that causes terror is an act of terrorism so clearly this was.

So far the only motive seems to be that the fella was a
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
    No clear idealogical or religious motive seems to have been identified at this stage so I'd say there is just as much chance of plain psychopathy as opposed to terrorism mate

Dazzler21 said:

Twitter can be relied upon for things to be dealt with in a reasonable manner. If it does turn out the gunman had an issue with Trump I imagine a very reasoned and calm debate will follow.

Let's hope things remain calm following this awful event....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's really grim in this world, all too often.

Just remember all the good stuff that happens.
  • Options
    Looking at "witness" footage, there's no muzzle flash visible which means the gun was moderated. The rate it fired indicates that it was possibly chain fed. If that is the case, I wonder what the laws are on owning one of them in the state of Nevada
  • Options
    Sky News saying he had at least 8 guns and 406 people taken to hospital
    Just shocking . RIP to all the victims
  • Options

Looking at "witness" footage, there's no muzzle flash visible which means the gun was moderated. The rate it fired indicates that it was possibly chain fed. If that is the case, I wonder what the laws are on owning one of them in the state of Nevada

It's an open carry state, so you can walk down the street with your shotgun in full view in Nevada without a permit!

http://www.nevadacarry.org
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's an open carry state, so you can walk down the street with your shotgun in full view in Nevada without a permit!

I know it's open carry Daz mate, but can one legally own a chain fed fully auto rifle? That's the question
  • Options

There were reports that people saw a muzzle flash, but who knows. Just because you can't see one on the hectic videos doesn't mean there wasn't one, and just because witnesses say there was one doesn't mean there was.

Nevada has pretty loose gun laws. What role that played remains to be determined.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I know it's open carry Daz mate, but can one legally own a chain fed fully auto rifle? That's the question
    Don't forget it's illegal to carry a rifle depending on the level of alcohol in your blood .
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

No Trump bashing, no pointless attempt at arguing about the way the second amendment is interpreted. No stupid and wholly inappropriate point scoring.

Just a simple, heartfelt RIP to those poor souls who lost their lives and thoughts for those injured and the families affected.

Mans' inhumanity to his fellow man knows no bounds.

Yep, says just about all that needs to be said Bob.