Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shooting incident in Vegas

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    watch"the first 48" cop show on the box---last week 2guys bump into each other in car park they fight it out one with an AK 47 the other with a machine pistol ,not gang related.guy with machine pistol dies and a guy picked up from the club by is dad dies as they drove past-----or two guys argue outside a club one shoots the other 14 times ,7in the face while he is lying on the floor----unreal but sadly very real
  • Options
    From what I can find online, it is perfectly legal to carry an AR15 with a modified system to fire automatically.... I can't find anything about being chain fed,

The drum magazines are legal though.

Drum magazines are legal and they even sell one in gun shops in Nevada that are perfectly legal and hold 50 plus rounds.... There are ones that hold 50 rounds each side according to GunsAmerica.com.

Scratch all the above after all that research the chain (belt) fed version was released in 2016.

It has to be modified to become an auto, however the mod is legal.

I found all that in 15 mins or so...

Disgusting. (Glad I had my mobile vpn on)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    cabbles said:

I can't get my head round that gun culture out there. Baffles me

Same here.

I can understand (although disagree with) having handguns to defend homes, hunting rifles, shotguns for farmers etc. But what possible logic is there behind the legal selling anything rapid firing etc?

It's begging for trouble.
  • Options

watch"the first 48" cop show on the box---last week 2guys bump into each other in car park they fight it out one with an AK 47 the other with a machine pistol ,not gang related.guy with machine pistol dies and a guy picked up from the club by is dad dies as they drove past-----or two guys argue outside a club one shoots the other 14 times ,7in the face while he is lying on the floor----unreal but sadly very real

The film Falling Down shows how small things can accumulate.

I imagine people who have had a bad journey on Southeastern could turn into murderers.

This will happen again and again, people outraged for a few days, then it goes quiet until the next rampage.

• Options
    He had more than ten guns. He shot himself before the police could stop him.

It could have been even worse.
  • Options
    Terrible news. Awful tragedy.
  • Options
    Gun Violence Archive, a website that tracks incidents and crimes involving guns across the US, has said that Sunday nights attack was the 273rd mass shooting in America this year. They define a 'mass shooting' as four or more people being shot at the same time or location. Shocking statistic.

Thoughts to all who lost their lives and their loved ones.
  • Options
    Isis claim he was one their soldiers..
  • Options
    according to today's radio 'The Killers' (band) album has just gone to the top of the Billboard (USA) Chart, their first US number 1 .. the Killers are from Las Vegas ...
    and achieve their aim at the same time as this latest crazy bastard gets to the top of the mass murder charts ...
    rest assured there will be another nutter out there somewhere keen to overtake yesterday's death tally ..
    there are so many guns and so many mad people on the loose in America that the genie is long gone from the bottle and sadly, mass murder will happen again and again, as will terrorism incidents and all the other evils in the world ..

just thank whatever entity or god you believe in that we are pretty gun free over here and long may it stay that way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gun Violence Archive, a website that tracks incidents and crimes involving guns across the US, has said that Sunday nights attack was the 273rd mass shooting in America this year. They define a 'mass shooting' as four or more people being shot at the same time or location. Shocking statistic.

273 mass shootings in 275 days.
  • Options
    Shares of Sturm Ruger (RGR) are up 6%; American Outdoor Brands (AOBC), (used to be known as Smith & Wesson), are up nearly 7%.

America.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

And if the definition of a "mass shooting" is 4 people killed in an incident that means well over 1,000 people killed in nine months in mass shootings, absolutely insane.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Chizz said:

And if the definition of a "mass shooting" is 4 people killed in an incident that means well over 1,000 people killed in nine months in mass shootings, absolutely insane.
    se9addick said:

Chizz said:

doesn't necessarily mean that all the victims of the shootings died
  • Options
    Its a vicious circle in the States imo. If they tighten gun laws, its only law abiding citizens who follow, and yes I know a large proportion of these shootings are carried out by people with the relevant permits, but the point still stands. And its the point made time and again by NRA etc., that if the bad guys are armed with high powered automatic weapons, why shouldn't the good guys be able to have them.

Im not saying I agree, but I think anything done now re. changing the laws, would be long after the horse has bolted.
  • Options
    You should have to get a mental stability certificate from a doctor when applying for a permit. If nothing else, it would make Americans more conscious of their mental health which can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    The horse bolted on December 15th, 1791.
  • Options
    Don't know why Isis, Diash or the Peoples Popular Front of Judea for that matter, even bother...

It is patently clear that given time the Yanks will exterminate themselves!

RIP to all the victims and their greiving loved ones.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The horse bolted on December 15th, 1791.

There you go then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You should have to get a mental stability certificate from a doctor when applying for a permit. If nothing else, it would make Americans more conscious of their mental health which can only be a good thing.

Id be amazed if they don't already need this as you do in mist other countries. Or at least a note ftom your GP to say you dont have any mental health problems at present time.

I genuinely think that in the States though, if someone is turned down for whatever reason, they'd still manage to get their hands on a weapon easy enough anyway, permit or not.
  • Options

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
    How can this not be a terrorist attack. White people commit terrorism too.
    Mass murder is not the same as political or religious terrorism, or every murder would have to be terroristic
  • Options
    A film recommendation as well as the famous "elephant" is "the dirties" - a low budget Canadian indie movie that has a great commentary on school shootings, with a really chilling final scene and ending
  • Options
    Australia proved that a gun ban is possible, even when a high percentage of the population own guns
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2012/12/16/gun_control_after_connecticut_shooting_could_australia_s_laws_provide_a.html

And the whole good guy/bad guy analogy is deeply flawed. Whilst the debate is kept at the immature level, something the NRA strives to do, then it will never be resolved. To a certain extent there is not such thing as a good guy. Anybody (as the US police constantly show) can become a "bad guy", often without warning. The gun is the perfect storm of too much power and too much simplicity. Anybody can fire a gun and kill from a nice safe distance. A momentary flare of anger, that would pass in an unarmed person, can too easily become another needless death.

Every drunken fight outside a pub, that in this country often ends in nothing more than a few bruises, is a potential deadly encounter in the US. The only surprise about those figures above is it's not more, as the power of life and death is handed out without any due thought to if the person is ready for that responsibility, and with no training on how to use that weapon and how to react to others using them.

That is the worst part about the NRA, the may preach the constitution and rights, but they won't even back basic training before being allowed to own a deadly weapon.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Glorifying guns etc is part of the problem - I've only mentioned him in response to someone else's post and I certainly wouldn't waste my time following a jerk like him.

I get pissed off with the infantile attitude towards guns and the casual attitude towards violence.

really?, if this turns out to be a ( which im assuming ) terrorist attack it has sweet fa to do with call of duty or gloryfying guns, if you dont follow him how do you know what he does in his time.
    Mass murder is not the same as political or religious terrorism, or every murder would have to be terroristic
    How can this not be defined as terrorism?

Nevada State law definition: act of terrorism means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population. That looks pretty clear cut.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-202.html#NRS202Sec4415
  • Options
    Gun Violence Archive claiming 11,000+ gun related deaths so far this year in the USA - I'm hoping this figure is too high!
  • Options

Gun Violence Archive claiming 11,000+ gun related deaths so far this year in the USA - I'm hoping this figure is too high!

Yes, it's literally way too high. But, it's also a gross underestimate of the total gun deaths on average.

11,000 would be c40 per day. The actual figure (latest, 2013) is 92 per day. About 30 of those are homicides.
  • Options
    Terrible and tragic news! RIP the the poor victims and speedy recovery to the injury!
  • Options

Australia proved that a gun ban is possible, even when a high percentage of the population own guns
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2012/12/16/gun_control_after_connecticut_shooting_could_australia_s_laws_provide_a.html

And the whole good guy/bad guy analogy is deeply flawed. Whilst the debate is kept at the immature level, something the NRA strives to do, then it will never be resolved. To a certain extent there is not such thing as a good guy. Anybody (as the US police constantly show) can become a "bad guy", often without warning. The gun is the perfect storm of too much power and too much simplicity. Anybody can fire a gun and kill from a nice safe distance. A momentary flare of anger, that would pass in an unarmed person, can too easily become another needless death.

Every drunken fight outside a pub, that in this country often ends in nothing more than a few bruises, is a potential deadly encounter in the US. The only surprise about those figures above is it's not more, as the power of life and death is handed out without any due thought to if the person is ready for that responsibility, and with no training on how to use that weapon and how to react to others using them.

That is the worst part about the NRA, the may preach the constitution and rights, but they won't even back basic training before being allowed to own a deadly weapon.

From the perspective of the average "out of town" American, who have grown up with guns, its not flawed. Its how they see it whether facts back it up or not
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Southbank said:

How can this not be defined as terrorism?

Nevada State law definition: act of terrorism means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population. That looks pretty clear cut.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-202.html#NRS202Sec4415
    That is one state's legal definition. If this guy was motivated by personal grievance or just crazy, then it is a terrible tragedy for all the victoms, but it is over now he is dead. But If he was part of some general movement against society, then the tragedy is even worse and we have even more to fear as there may be more to come.