Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Doncaster: Post match views

Get in. Thoroughly deserved that I thought

And a clean sheet was good, haven't had one in a while

Over to you

Comments

• Options
    Shit but 3 points....ref worse ever performance in a half.
  • Options
    It's because Katrien is the heart of the club.

Good hard fought win. We need someone to put away the scrappy ball though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A win's a win, I'll take the 3 points and we'll move on. Millwall lost as well, good weekend!!
  • Options
    Really good result in the end. Not our most exciting performance but these are the games you HAVE to win.
    Bit frustrating seeing Holmes inside and Clarke wide a lot. Clarke makes our attacks tick from the middle and the times Holmes kills pressure when out wide by driving with the ball. Felt we needed that today but both spent too much time out of position.
    But a great win !
  • Options
    Poor performance...but won. When are we going to wake up to the fact that officials in this league are so inept you can get away with what you like. They almost got away with it.
  • Options
    Good battling win bit embarrassing when most of the crowd doesn't know the new offside rule though.
    The free kick takes place from where the offside player touches the ball not from where he was offside.
    And i wouldn't be surprised it Fosu dived. He was excellent though, Fosu that is not the poor old ref.
  • Options
    Good result. Last year we would have drawn or lost this game.
    Crowd was awesome.
  • Options
    We won and didn't look under much pressure.But we should've been out of sight,and not getting anxious near the end.Konsa looks class.
  • Options
    PWR.

Anybody might be forgiven for thinking that a match where the only goal was in the sixth minute was ultimately rather boring wasn't at the Valley today. The whole game was packed with incident, in the second half Doncaster tried to respond, we had Mr Ebb joined by his brother Mr Flow. Both teams hit the woodwork, there were saves and scrambles, and even a change of referee incident, which added to the fun.
    I would say we deserved it on a 56-44 basis, maybe even more, because whereas any flair and inventiveness was coming from us, Doncaster lost Coppinger early on which didn't help them, but they put in a decent shift, and indeed the number 7 who came on for Coppinger did well, but the Doncaster goalkeeper was their best player today which indicates which team were basically on top.
    Difficult to write too much that isn't pretty obvious, but for me Bauer, Forster Caskey and Fosu were really on their games today, and the rest of the team put in a very decent shift, although da Silva had a dicky first half, mind you there was a great second half bit where da Silva forced their guy back and back down the touchline and then won the ball.
    I nearly forgot to mention what seemed like a stonewall first half penalty down the other end, which one of the refs booked Fosu presumably for diving.
    The home crowd were pretty sustained in their enthusiasm, but the early goal dampened down Doncaster's supporters for most of the game, but as the goal came very early it took a bit of an edge off our determination, but we survived this game to the end...last season we wouldn't have, and we go into next week with the three vital points and a chance to be expressive against Oxford. Win against Oxford and we will be in a strong position, the down side is that teams visiting the Valley this season will see it as a badge of honour to come away with anything.
  • Options
    Not at the game, only know the bare details, so I am just going to copy/paste my comment from after the opening game this season.

Well done to the lads - up to 5th now.

This lad is a proper handful.
    Just like Morts in the old days - he either gets in the box with the ball or gets fouled. Holmes will get plenty of FK chances off the back of Fozzy's work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought Amos had a decent game but we struggled to retain possession and endured a lot of pressure. Defended well but our midfield needs to improve and Fosu needs to learn when to pass.

Ref was very annoying.....
  • Options

Not at the game, only know the bare details, so I am just going to copy/paste my comment from after the opening game this season.

Well done to the lads - up to 5th now.

This lad is a proper handful.
    Just like Morts in the old days - he either gets in the box with the ball or gets fouled. Holmes will get plenty of FK chances off the back of Fozzy's work.

I think the Morts analogy is spot on.
  • Options
    Made hard work of what should have been a straight forward win after they lost their best player and we went one up.

Don't get playing Clarke wide instead of in the number 10 role.

Dasilva got the run around early on but got better, Solly did well as did Konsa. Holmes sparked most good moves but should have scored in the incident when Fosu was booked. Looked a pen from my bad angle in the covered end.

Fosu a threat and another goal.

Can't decide if there keeper was brilliant or fortunate. Seemed to makes saves with his arms rather than his hands.

Still a win is a win and we're fifth.
  • Options
    Been out all day so only just see this. Happy with a scrappy win but where was Marshall?
  • Options
    Karma what happened to the ref at the beginning of the 2nd half but another good result for the boys.
  • Options
    Has there been confirmation of why no Marshall?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Karma what happened to the ref at the beginning of the 2nd half but another good result for the boys.

He ran into Magennis as they both were ball watching , think his head clipped Josh’s and he came off much worse when JM didn’t even flinch
  • Options
    Pretty good performance from a spirited Doncaster side. I think we could have won by more. Clarke missed a very good opportunity (and I thought of all people, he'd have slotted it away cooly!)

Fosu my MOTM, closely followed by Bauer.
  • Options
    Played well in patches but bit poor at clearing our lines at times and should have scored more with the number of chances we created.
    Lot of criticism of the ref, and he was poor, but the ref in the second half was decent I thought.