Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Doncaster: Post match views

12346»

Comments

• Options

The collision is now up to see again. Ouch

Bit feeble really & certainly not in the Mark Reid class.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Barely any contact. As soon as he recovered, he should have booked himself for diving.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Which mod put an end to our Classical hi-jinks, then? Gaius Valerius Cabblis, j'accuse

You're one of my best posters on here but ray of light by madonna....oh leuth you've got a lot to learn
  • Options

Didn’t look much in it to me. Reckon the ref should have been given a yellow for that.
  • Options
    Didn't think Dasilva was at his best so surprised to see him get in the team of the week. Thought Fosu was good, Magennis worked hard, Konsa excellent. No one really stood out but it's these wins that win you promotion so pleasing we got the three points.
  • Options

Didn't think Dasilva was at his best so surprised to see him get in the team of the week. Thought Fosu was good, Magennis worked hard, Konsa excellent. No one really stood out but it's these wins that win you promotion so pleasing we got the three points.

Agreed, DaSilva really struggled in the 1st half, getting booked quite early and while he improved in the second half, the fact that he was subbed for tactical reasons hardly suggests someone who should be in the team of the week.

Bauer woz robbed!
  • Options
    I wish the ref well. Glancing blow from Josh's shoulder when not expecting it must have hurt.
  • Options

Agreed, DaSilva really struggled in the 1st half, getting booked quite early and while he improved in the second half, the fact that he was subbed for tactical reasons hardly suggests someone who should be in the team of the week.

Bauer woz robbed!
    Disagree. He was one of our beat outlets going forward. Yes he struggled a little defensively but Donny has put their biggest player on him and every time they got the ball they hit cross field diagonals at his head. He won more than he should given the height difference and continued to battle hard when a lot of players would have hidden.

The fact that he was kept on so long when they were targeting his height with a player double his size says a lot. It was only the last 10 mins when we were looking to shut up shop that we brought on our own man mountain to counter that attack.

Him and Konsa were the only players who were consistently showing for the ball when Amos had it and we were looking to play out from the back. Others including Silly Bauer Kashi and JFC all looked to hide at some point. Or at least didn't make a move that would have allowed them to take the ball or create more space for those around.
  • Options

The fact that he was kept on so long when they were targeting his height with a player double his size says a lot. It was only the last 10 mins when we were looking to shut up shop that we brought on our own man mountain to counter that attack.

It says that Robinson either fluked a bit of luck that DaSilva won the battle until it was obvious he was REALLY starting to struggle... OR Robinson made a great call.

I assume the former.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It says that Robinson either fluked a bit of luck that DaSilva won the battle until it was obvious he was REALLY starting to struggle... OR Robinson made a great call.

I assume the former.
    No. He was winning the battle with the help of Bauer but they were pushing and he began to flounder a bit. After Sarr come on they switched to long balls up Solly's side.

If you want to join in you should really try and watch the match :-)
  • Options

The way the ref went down reminded me of Di Canio pushing Paul Alcock.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Dazzler21 said:

I assume the former.
    No. He was winning the battle with the help of Bauer but they were pushing and he began to flounder a bit. After Sarr come on they switched to long balls up Solly's side.

If you want to join in you should really try and watch the match :-)
    Was at a Wedding, far more entertaining than paying to go and watch Charlton scrape a 1-0 win over Doncaster.

Fair point either way, but still I will continue to maintain a neutral opinion of Robinson. I don't think he's smart enough to make that change unless his hand is forced. Hence why I said I assumed it.
  • Options

Bauer woz robbed!
    Disagree. He was one of our beat outlets going forward. Yes he struggled a little defensively but Donny has put their biggest player on him and every time they got the ball they hit cross field diagonals at his head. He won more than he should given the height difference and continued to battle hard when a lot of players would have hidden.

Him and Konsa were the only players who were consistently showing for the ball when Amos had it and we were looking to play out from the back. Others including Silly Bauer Kashi and JFC all looked to hide at some point. Or at least didn't make a move that would have allowed them to take the ball or create more space for those around.
    Booked after 24 minutes, it wasn't aerially he was struggling with, but on the floor. I was concerned he'd pick up a second yellow in the first half

Fortunately he/they changed things a bit and he was much more solid in the second half
  • Options

Bauer woz robbed!

Booked after 24 minutes, it wasn't aerially he was struggling with, but on the floor. I was concerned he'd pick up a second yellow in the first half

Fortunately he/they changed things a bit and he was much more solid in the second half
    I mean. That attack where he committed the foul was about the only time they attacked him on the ground after the first 10 mins. After that it was all long cross field balls to their 9s head.
  • Options
    Unless you mean forced in that the rest of the team weren't living up to expectations in allowing it
  • Options

Unless you mean forced in that the rest of the team weren't living up to expectations in allowing it

Nope I think you put it fairly and in an understandable way. Thanks
  • Options

Frustrating that we have to go to the opposition team's YouTube channel for highlights this season.
    Sixteen minutes on Valley Pass.
  • Options
    Loved it! First game I've seen live since our relegation from the Prem against Tottenham on 2006, yes I've been away a long time and the only other time I was here the Southampton game got abandoned.

I thought the Covered end was terrific, adopting a more Italian approach to keeping the support and the atmosphere going, with long-running chants that went on for ages, I was properly impressed, compared to the last time I was there when there were some very flat crowds against different prem teams.

I was utterly torn about whether to attend at all with the Roland situation...

Overall it was great, finally saw my brick out the front of the west stand.

Loved it.