Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Doncaster: Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Frustrating that we have to go to the opposition team's YouTube channel for highlights this season.
  • Options
    I think there was handball when the defender blocked the ball whilst on the ground
  • Options

Was there a handball from their guy on the floor during that goalmouth scramble?

No, the ball hit him in the face.
  • Options
    So far, so good.

If we carry on at this rate we'll finish the season with 88 points.....

Next up Oxford U away on Tuesday. V Hard match against a side with some genuine quality. I'd be more than happy with a draw.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

We're going to come a cropper (and nearly did) with our continued play it out from the back regardless

Fleetwood's goal originated from a short Amos pass, resulting in JFC losing possession and them scoring.
    Every team seems to be doing it now, with predictable results (such as the terrible goal Huddersfield gifted Swansea yesterday)
  • Options

So far, so good.

If we carry on at this rate we'll finish the season with 88 points.....

Next up Oxford U away on Tuesday. V Hard match against a side with some genuine quality. I'd be more than happy with a draw.

Unfortunately, on the same basis, Wigan and Shrewsbury would have 110...
  • Options
    Great day at the valley for atmosphere and I thought the north stand were loud throughout. Fosu does have a very good eye for goal which makes up for his poor defending. The performance was good even if the passing was not. We rode our luck in that they had three very good chances of scoring. Felt sorry for Clarke coming off as I think he is such a good asset to the team. Jay DaSilva...what a good player. Overall felt that Fosu could be the answer to the lack of a striker if he is given the ball in front of goal but I just wish he would make somne tackles.
  • Options
    Their keeper loved a 'camera save'.

Most or our shots were straight at his body but he managed to dive spectacularly without actually moving and made very average saves look brilliant. The one shot that wasn't straight at him he let in. And he really should have done better with it.

Konsa was class always showing for the ball when others seemed happy to hide. Or at least reluctant to make a move for it.

Donny had one move which was a long cross field diagonal to their split strikers who were trying to create a miss match against Our short fullbacks. DaSilva dealt with it week although it's safe to say he had a better game going forward than defensively. His run created the goal and another created a clear cut chance that Holmes should have buried. I was relieved when Sarr came on to give us extra height though.

People have mentioned about Clarke playing off the right but I think the 3 interchange well and he spent as much time down the middle as either of the other 2.

Bauer pinged a couple of lovely passed which I didn't expect.

Kashi's range of passing wasn't on show as we've seen it before. He seemed much more interested in a backwards or sideways safe ball than that killer pass. Neither him nor JFC shone as they both were outnumbered in midfield. They dealt with it reasonably well though.

We could have had for or 5 though so a little dissapointing we didn't make the game safe.
  • Options
    I think the 4th official was just glad he didn't have Robinson shouting in his ear for the entire second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Also not sure about Robbo doing the tunnel jump. Should be done by a player in my opinion. Even Sir Chris Powell didn't do it as manager except when we were celebrating finishing as champions and breaking 28 records. Even then he looked reluctant.

Robin can do it if we get promoted. Until then leave it to the players!

Also not sure about Robbo doing the tunnel jump. Should be done by a player in my opinion. Even Sir Chris Powell didn't do it as manager except when we were celebrating finishing as champions and breaking 28 records. Even then he looked reluctant.

I left straight after the whistle, so didn't realise that KR did the tunnel jump until reading your post. I agree that it should be left to the players, but I do remember SCP doing them as manager.
  • Options

I get the impression not many of the current players or those on the pitch want to do it so he did it, i think he sees the importance of carrying on something like that.
  • Options

I get the impression not many of the current players or those on the pitch want to do it so he did it, i think he sees the importance of carrying on something like that.
    Maybe when we were not winning in his last season but Powell was the main tunnel jumper while he was manager and I agree it should be a player thing, but if they are reluctant then I could live with KR doing it as I did with CP .. Its a tradition that we should keep going, born out of Kins' fist pump!!
  • Options

Something for a distant pub quiz sometime - when did Charlton not concede but kicked off twice ?
  • Options
    wasn't there .. another win .. worrying (looking at the stats) that according to the BBC review, we only had 41% possession .. at home ? .. away games that would not be a concern but I would expect more control in home games and not have us relying on 'the break'
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Leuth said:

Fosu
    modo pretio evolvendi emptus

if we're being pedantic ;)

Can develop cost price?
    @Leuth you just got Latin checked. Are you going to take that?!?!?!
    It seems that the translation cannot be done directly...
  • Options

Something for a distant pub quiz sometime - when did Charlton not concede but kicked off twice ?

Unless Im being thick we didnt kick off twice?

We started the game in the first half and that was it... Doncaster kicked off the second which saw the referee get injured so they kicked off again
  • Options

We started the game in the first half and that was it... Doncaster kicked off the second which saw the referee get injured so they kicked off again
    GlassHalf was referring to another game! His pub quiz question for this game was when did Doncaster kick off twice but not concede
  • Options
    Which mod put an end to our Classical hi-jinks, then? Gaius Valerius Cabblis, j'accuse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017

Bloke behind me in lower west must have been a migrant from the north stand over for the day. All sorts of singing and clapping going on.... most unusual....

lol that could have been me. Had a few funny looks but a lot of 'thumbs ups' and handshakes at full-time.
  • Options

Donny had one move which was a long cross field diagonal to their split strikers who were trying to create a miss match against Our short fullbacks. .

This has been the out ball of quite a few teams we've come up against. It's worked a few times and we've conceded a few times so I guess it gets copied.
  • Options

You're absolutely right - I must have been as dazed as the ref. Doncaster kicked off three times but conceded only once. Perhaps the correct question should be "which old fool set a pub quiz question and then failed his own question?"

It's been a long day ....
    Like your shorts.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Bloke behind me in lower west must have been a migrant from the north stand over for the day. All sorts of singing and clapping going on.... most unusual....

lol that could have been me. Had a few funny looks but a lot of 'thumbs ups' tutting and handshakes "I hope he doesn't sit there again" comments at full-time.
  • Options

On the after match video, it looked like Fosu (who should have done the jump), was signing autographs and KR seemed to be waiting for him and then decided to do the jump himself.
  • Options
    My first and probably only game of the season.

I’d echo what others have said. They look capable of more than they deliver. Too many careless passes and there seemed to be far too much space between Mag and the midfield.

But a win is a win, and there is talent there. I just hope we keep it at the deadline.
  • Options
    Amos couple of decent saves but almost nothing else to do
    Solly quietly effective
    Bauer see Solly
    Konsa see Bauer
    Dasilva defensively fine and one of our better outlets in attack, fearless and tireless, a future star
    Kashi see Konsa
    Forster-Caskey really quiet but that's not a bad thing when his job is mostly to disrupt - truly awful dead balls
    Holmes truly awful dead balls, time after time just shocking, rest of his game is fine, industrious, effervescent
    Fosu-Henry exuberant, confident, quick but lacking much end product, goalie unsighted for goal and made the free kick look much better by flapping it away when it was a simple catch, TF's almost a brilliant find
    Clarke out of position as a wide attacker, much more effective in the middle, quieter game this time but he's still in our top few best players
    Magennis fearless, tireless, strong in both boxes, always useful despite little decent service, a tiny improvement in his finishing and the goals will soon mount up.
  • Options
    Fosu-Henry exuberant, confident, quick but lacking much end product, goalie unsighted for goal and made the free kick look much better by flapping it away when it was a simple catch, TF's almost a brilliant find

6 goals & 2 assists from all competitions so far this season.
  • Options
    The collision is now up to see again. Ouch