Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    Bastards
  • Options
    Where's Robert Huth when you need him?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Might be wrong but believe ABBA is a football league initiative. So cup games are old school.

Cheers. Prefer old school.
    Prefer whichever would've knocked out Chelsea
  • Options
    Now chuck them out of the competition for their behaviour this evening - Embarrassing from one of the big teams against a Football League side!!

Would expect it against Man Utd but not tonight!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Love how Zola just said - "It's not a dive" Just as Morata spreads his arms out and plummets in the replay - who does that when they get knocked over!? should have been straight red just for that.

Exactly, if its not a dive why was he claiming a penalty
    Not entirely sure what you mean - I was referring to Morata spreading his arms as he fell - if i'm falling/knocked over I put my hands in front of me to protect my face..? My point was it was funny Zola said it at that exact moment of the replay when he spreads his arms out extravegantly and that he should have been sent off just for that!
  • Options

Love how Zola just said - "It's not a dive" Just as Morata spreads his arms out and plummets in the replay - who does that when they get knocked over!? should have been straight red just for that.

Not entirely sure what you mean - I was referring to Morata spreading his arms as he fell - if i'm falling/knocked over I put my hands in front of me to protect my face..? My point was it was funny Zola said it at that exact moment of the replay when he spreads his arms out extravegantly and that he should have been sent off just for that!
    Ah sorry
    I was making the point that if he had fallen like Zola suggested why did he claim a penalty and then moan in the refs face when it wasnt given
  • Options

Ah sorry
    I was making the point that if he had fallen like Zola suggested why did he claim a penalty and then moan in the refs face when it wasnt given
    Got ya... in that case I think we are both right
  • Options
    Millwall got a late goal to force a replay at Rochdale
    Brighton got a 90th minute winner
    Wigan beat west ham 2-0(Masuaku sent off for spitting)

Newport beating Spurs 1-0 at halftime
  • Options
    Newport have dominated a listless Spurs, thus far.
  • Options
    Ha, well that was an entertaining first half!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ha, well that was an entertaining first half!

By no means first team, but its not a bad team you have put out either
  • Options
    Lenny Lawrence overseeing Newport.
    Can't keep a good man down
  • Options
    Kane gets a late equaliser, but Newport will be delighted at the prospect of a replay at Wembley
  • Options
    Newport were bloody brilliant, fully deserve their replay and pay day at Wembley.

Not sure where the replay fits in with our hectic schedule but with Utd, Liverpool, Juventus, Arsenal and Juventus next 5 fixtures up, we are screwed.

Shambles of a performance from Spurs. amazing he started without Eriksen, Son and Alli our 3 most creative players. Sissoko is the biggest fraud of a footballer I’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt. For Poch to come out midweek and say he is one of our most important players was a real surprise. Wonder what games he has been watching!

• Options
    Wish Newport kept playing in the second half like they did the first. They dominated the first half and just tried to hang on the entire second half, and as seems to happen so many times, that usually comes back to haunt teams that do that. Still, really happy for them.

Hopefully their clubs gets some of the money from the gate at Wembley?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Newport were bloody brilliant, fully deserve their replay and pay day at Wembley.

Not sure where the replay fits in with our hectic schedule but with Utd, Liverpool, Juventus, Arsenal and Juventus next 5 fixtures up, we are screwed.

Shambles of a performance from Spurs. amazing he started without Eriksen, Son and Alli our 3 most creative players. Sissoko is the biggest fraud of a footballer I’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt. For Poch to come out midweek and say he is one of our most important players was a real surprise. Wonder what games he has been watching!

Well the response no doubt would be that he rested those players BECAUSE of all those big games coming up. Leicester did the same and won 5-1 at Posh.
  • Options

Wish Newport kept playing in the second half like they did the first. They dominated the first half and just tried to hang on the entire second half, and as seems to happen so many times, that usually comes back to haunt teams that do that. Still, really happy for them.

Hopefully their clubs gets some of the money from the gate at Wembley?

Gate receipts are split evenly for FA cup games including replays.
  • Options
    Coventry had more fans than MK Franchise today
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Soldado? Chiriches? Gilberto? There was some random italian defender too whose name escapes me, he was total shit.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Soldado? Chiriches? Gilberto? There was some random italian defender too whose name escapes me, he was total shit.
    Tramazzani?! Yeah he was pony too.

At least Soldado, Chiriches and Gilberto had the resemblance of a first touch.

Sissoko on a bobbly pitch was a kin to playing lawn bowls on cobbles!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not the most exciting of draws, no big games. Potential for Millwall v Spurs though.

Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County/Swansea
    West Brom v Southampton
    Chelsea v Hull
    Leicester v Sheffield United
    Huddersfield/Birmingham v Man United
    Millwall/Rochdale v Newport/Tottenham
    Brighton v Coventry
    Wigan v Man City
  • Options
    What would be fucking hilarious is if Millwall lost the replay with a Cahill own goal
  • Options
    Slightly dull 5th round draw, with the "big boys" kept apart. Millwall vs Spurs will be televised I imagine if both make it through, "Harry Kane returning to one of his former loan clubs" will no doubt be the story...
  • Options
    Wigan v Man City will be a billed as a repeat of the final that Wigan won!!
  • Options

What would be fucking hilarious is if Millwall lost the replay with a Cahill own goal

...and if RD decided not to sell after all :wink:

(I'm going for a record flag count on one post)
    i actually don't mind him as player and if it helps him get to a world cup then good on Neil Harris.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County/Swansea - sheff weds

West Brom v Southampton - west brom

Chelsea v Hull - chelsea

Leicester v Sheffield United - leicester

Huddersfield/Birmingham v Manchester United - man utd

Millwall/Rochdale v Newport County or Tottenham - spurs

Brighton v Coventry - brighton

Wigan v Manchester City - man city

when you look at it as above its hard not to think it will be a manc team win the trophy.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    absolutely shockingly dull draw.....possibility of Millwall v Spurs for TV, am sure the BBC will let us also watch Man City smash Wigan and Man U v whoever

other than that, crap
  • Options

He won't be eligible to play