Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic post-match views 10th February 2018

Comments

• Options
    Rob said:

All down to Robinson. He gave the initiative right back to Donny with his substitutions at the end. Especially the Da Silva/Lennon switch. It didn't need doing. We were handling them just fine. Why change something that has been working for 93 minutes. Unbelievably bad subs.

You could have said the same thing last week when he brought on Aribo and we looked like we'd score next. I wouldn't have brought off DaSilva, I'd probably have gone five at the back. Actually, I wouldn't have had Lennon in the squad, he's just not good enough. Maybe a loan away next year or something, but as things stand I'd move him on in the summer and bring Dijksteel into the squad for him on Tuesday.

This one feel like a real kick in the bollocks. We vastly outplayed them in the second half and their goal was their only chance. We actually defended well throughout. Bauer makes us much, much calmer at the back.

Should have been 2-3 up when we conceded. Substitution makes sense on paper to some extent, but again why not just go five at the back for a couple minutes. But ultimately, Robinson wasn't the one standing in front of the keeper five yards out of position playing everyone onside.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

That player standing three yards behind everyone on the six yard box is Lennon. Ridiculous. Don't agree with the substitution but it's absolutely awful defending from him. What is he doing over there?
    Yeah, looks as if he played the bloke onside. Rest of the team had held a decent line.

And I say that as a Lennon defender.
    Wouldn't have made any difference - the Donny scorer is onside because the original shot first hit a defender = played onside.
    Not true. It's only onside if there was a clear effort to play the ball. Deflections = still offside
  • Options
    Pissed off that we now expect this to happen, and so it seems do the players. Should have been chasing 5th now.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

That player standing three yards behind everyone on the six yard box is Lennon. Ridiculous. Don't agree with the substitution but it's absolutely awful defending from him. What is he doing over there?
    Yeah, looks as if he played the bloke onside. Rest of the team had held a decent line.

Wouldn't have made any difference - the Donny scorer is onside because the original shot first hit a defender = played onside.
    I'm not so sure he wasn't in what would've been an offside position went the shot came in. Hard to tell though because the camera angle isn't wide enough.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

That's not true, a deflection doesn't play everyone onside.
  • Options
    Robinson= I blame all the players apart from except from Jake Forster Caskey coz I love him and were getting married in the summer and he's my first Barnsley signing !! ;) F**k off Robinson
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Looks like a deflection off a charlton player so would not have been offside. Looks like Lennon is in line with another defender. I would have rather KR had gone for a second goal late on than try and shore up the defence considering last weeks cock up. You sit back long enough and the inevitable will happen and it keeps on frigging happening. Can we have a manager with some bottle please.

Whoever it hit didn't stand much chance of meaningfully controlling /playing the ball - it was a shot blasted at him. So I reckon the Donny player would have likely been flagged off side had Lennon been concentrating and not played him on.
  • Options
    Wanna know whats up with Robinson's height myth about Dasilva... Why take him off for that reason yet Solly (only an inch taller) has never been subbed for that reason!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many times have we given away a win in the last 5-10 minutes this season? It has become an expectation that we will concede late on and that is not something you can have if you're 'pushing for promotion'.
  • Options

Wanna know whats up with Robinson's height myth about Dasilva... Why take him off for that reason yet Solly (only an inch taller) has never been subbed for that reason!!

An inch is massive though mate.
  • Options
    I hate negative substitutions always have always will. We are not the fucking Savoy. We don't do clean sheets. We deserved to win, yet again we get done at the end. Gutted.
  • Options
    Why take off a player Like DaSilva that can keep hold of the ball. ALl you got to do is keep possession. FFS.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Rob said:

All down to Robinson. He gave the initiative right back to Donny with his substitutions at the end. Especially the Da Silva/Lennon switch. It didn't need doing. We were handling them just fine. Why change something that has been working for 93 minutes. Unbelievably bad subs.

You could have said the same thing last week when he brought on Aribo and we looked like we'd score next. I wouldn't have brought off DaSilva, I'd probably have gone five at the back. Actually, I wouldn't have had Lennon in the squad, he's just not good enough. Maybe a loan away next year or something, but as things stand I'd move him on in the summer and bring Dijksteel into the squad for him on Tuesday.

This one feel like a real kick in the bollocks. We vastly outplayed them in the second half and their goal was their only chance. We actually defended well throughout. Bauer makes us much, much calmer at the back.

Should have been 2-3 up when we conceded. Substitution makes sense on paper to some extent, but again why not just go five at the back for a couple minutes. But ultimately, Robinson wasn't the one standing in front of the keeper five yards out of position playing everyone onside.
    Yes, but it's about changing the momentum of the game at crucial times. Whatever had happened earlier in the game we were still 1-0 up and cruising. Da Silva had been having a stormer and bringing him off for Lennon was not a good move. Why change something that doesn't need fixing. Substitutions can affect the initiative of the game and that's what I think happened today. Robinson should be able to read better what's happening on the field. I think that's his weak spot especially at the back. I think he needs a good defensive minded coach working with him.
  • Options
    As I have said before Lennon is the worse defender in League one - no surprise every game he plays in, we either lose or are on the back foot, the guy has no idea where to stand when we defend.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

But he was still woefully out of position, and for a defender at this stage of the game, and after what happened last week, that is just not good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Took Fosu off who was us best player.
    Put maginnes on wing for no reason. Played reeves up top for no reason. Brought Lennon on for da Silva for no reason. Brought Jackson off to play behind the striker for no reason. All with 10 mins to go. Shit manager fuck him off ASAP
  • Options
    Rob said:

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

Yes, but it's about changing the momentum of the game at crucial times. Whatever had happened earlier in the game we were still 1-0 up and cruising. Da Silva had been having a stormer and bringing him off for Lennon was not a good move. Why change something that doesn't need fixing. Substitutions can affect the initiative of the game and that's what I think happened today. Robinson should be able to read better what's happening on the field. I think that's his weak spot especially at the back. I think he needs a good defensive minded coach working with him.
    I agree. Actually, I think he needs really any other senior, experienced coach added to his set up. Right now I think we're desperately missing a tactician, and someone with some experience. We have two coaches, and one was on the pitch for the last ten minutes.
  • Options

Reeves was put clean through about eight yards out on the right side of the area in the first half and he passed the ball backwards to the penalty spot, where it was charged down. No idea what he was thinking.

That's a player lacking confidence. Dreadful.
    He didn't even look at the goal. The thought never went through his head. Bizarre.
  • Options
    Bloody poxy bloody effing bloody poxy flipping effing poxy flipping bloody poxy bloody Charlton.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Reeves was put clean through about eight yards out on the right side of the area in the first half and he passed the ball backwards to the penalty spot, where it was charged down. No idea what he was thinking.

SERIOUSLY??? - Reeves is in the EXACT same position as the Doncaster scorer yet passes??? - Just put your foot through it!!!
  • Options
    By the time Magennis has controlled the ball there are six Doncaster players between him and the goal...
  • Options
    Please don't Lennon ever play for Charlton again.
    He's definitely playing them onside. What was he doing there?