Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic post-match views 10th February 2018

Comments

• Leuth said:

Anyway, we played well for the most part, missed two one-on-ones and looked extremely comfortable. Until that last substitution

And that folks is the reason we will still be playing in this division next season.... we just can't score and if we do we can't seem to see a game out from a winning position. That's two goals in the 94th minute in two games.
  • At the game.

Pointless substitutions. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Surprisingly, not as gutted as last week due to reminding myself this is Charlton and the other results largely going in our favour.
    For different reasons, this has been as tough as that week I endured travelling to Colchester, Huddersfield and Hull.
  • _MrDick said:

5 points dropped over the last two weeks. We never learn. Typical Charlton ...

26 points dropped from the last 13 games

13 points from a possible 39

Awful.

• Can’t be arsed to read this thread, just know if is going to be full of Lennon bashing. Young lad, seems like one who will always give his best. If he had not been last man their scorer would likely have stood in line with Bauer and would still have got to the high looping ball. Bad luck with a deflected shot. Should have taken more chances, one goal is often not enough. Onwards we go, worst case we end mid table this season but with our mega money new owners we will romp it next year. Palace got mashed by a crap Everton team and now have United, Spurs and Chelsea up. rejoice in that.
  • I just hope new owners, if we ever get some, have big enough pockets to prise Powell away from Southend in the summer.
  • And again, 3 substitutions in the last 10 minutes, one of these in added time, trying to run the clock down and slow the game down, how many more points will we lose before he understands that this negative move is not working, it has cost us on so many occasions.
  • SDAddick said:

That player standing three yards behind everyone on the six yard box is Lennon. Ridiculous. Don't agree with the substitution but it's absolutely awful defending from him. What is he doing over there?
    Marshall playing everyone on too there.

Should have been out of sight at half hour time. As with so many games this year we simply failed to turn a massive possession advantage into even clear chances, let alone goals. We have some very talented players, but almost to a man they are too slow to release the ball, always wanting one more touch allowing space to be closed, players to be marked, or tackles or disrupting fouls to be made.

Only Marshall plays with anything like the required directness and urgency to get crosses in but alas he’s not very good.

This seems to be a problem that has progressively taken hold as the season has worn on as we were better and more dynamic early in the season. Some hard work needed on the training ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 MASSIVE home games coming up. If we don't win both of them then you can kiss all hope of making the play offs goodbye. I would't be surprised if Plymouth & Gillingham both finish the season above us.
  • I just hope new owners, if we ever get some, have big enough pockets to prise Powell away from Southend in the summer.

Personally wouldn’t want him back as manager, hate the idea of him potentially ruining his reputation and status if it didn’t work out!

Would prefer to give jacko the role and give him the same chance Powell had originally!
    Would even take a Jackson/Euell duo alá curbs and gritt
  • If Powell won't come, throw some money at Curbs and let's get this club going again. Robinson isn't up to it.
  • Big game Tuesday now IF we win that then play offs still in grasp but we need to kill off games
  • Selected Donny views

We were poor today, deserved nothing at all, yet somehow managed to grab a point. Charlton were gutted. Total injustice. Kinda reminded me of a game a few years back when we robbed due to a game been called off when we were 3-1 up. Karma eh.

——

Their time-wasting and general lack of killer instinct cost them dearly today, they should have been out of sight by the time Blair equalised because we were totally benign for 93 minutes but they didn't really try after going 1-0 up, and the time-wasting from the minute the second half started was pathetic. They got what they deserved in that respect, but were well organised and had some skilful players. They stunted our game plan right away and we never tried to find another way through.

——

We should of been 3 down at half time
  • Selected Donny views

We were poor today, deserved nothing at all, yet somehow managed to grab a point. Charlton were gutted. Total injustice. Kinda reminded me of a game a few years back when we robbed due to a game been called off when we were 3-1 up. Karma eh.

——

Their time-wasting and general lack of killer instinct cost them dearly today, they should have been out of sight by the time Blair equalised because we were totally benign for 93 minutes but they didn't really try after going 1-0 up, and the time-wasting from the minute the second half started was pathetic. They got what they deserved in that respect, but were well organised and had some skilful players. They stunted our game plan right away and we never tried to find another way through.

——

We should of been 3 down at half time

Spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• We sang our hearts out the whole game and probably only 3 or 4 players clapped us from the halfway line. Not a single player came over to us and even KR didnt stay and clap us. We were superb supporters today. Disgusting recognition back from the players who again let us down in last minute.

They should be ashamed of themselves!! The supporters play their wages !! Maybe they is trouble behind the scenes after Robinson called all the players out apart from 2 last week!
  • Why the f*** DaSilva was taken off I don't know. Proper kick in the nads.
  • Why the f*** DaSilva was taken off I don't know. Proper kick in the nads.

The most pointless and costly Charlton substitution I've ever seen.
  • sm said:

SDAddick said:

That player standing three yards behind everyone on the six yard box is Lennon. Ridiculous. Don't agree with the substitution but it's absolutely awful defending from him. What is he doing over there?
    Yeah, looks as if he played the bloke onside. Rest of the team had held a decent line.

And I say that as a Lennon defender.

Giving their player 4-5 yards on the edge of the penalty area is also pretty inexcusable - the mid field were also guilty of backing off too much at the end of the Oxford game
    Exactly! Got to be out fast to charge the shot down! It's quite simple really! Not to mention Lennon playing to players on side as well! Schoolboy stuff!
  • sm said:

LouisMend said:
    Maybe if you signed proven goalscorers instead of weak midfielders then they might be more ruthless. Even then, when you do sign a couple of attacking loanees you leave them on the bench & put the useless "I'll sign for you when there is no other option" Reeves up front.

KR, you are a useless f**ker & the sooner you leave this club the better. You are a scouse chancer with no idea how to set a team up or use your subs effectively.

Also, you send KAG out on loan (who had started scoring goals a month or so ago) and then put Ajose (a player you have publicy slated) on the bench. I wonder now if you'd show your face at a Bromley Addicks meeting ????
    Perhaps if we played with 2 strikers from time to time we might get a few lucky deflections as well.
    Think that was pure bad luck... the ball bobbled around in the box and fell nicely for the bloke to have a swing at. It wasn't as if he got a free run to the edge of the box with no pressure on him.

• Don’t see us getting anywhere promotion this season.
  • Had my ticket for the match. Then my mum-in-law had a serious stroke this morning.
    She’s recovering alright but when I go to see her in hospital tomorrow, I’ll thank her for saving me from that end to the game. Mind you, following things on the match thread and SKY, I knew it was coming the longer it stayed at 0-1. We just haven’t got the bottle and that permeates the players from Karl himself. He seems like a dead man walking. His only reprieve is winning the play-offs. Fat chance.
  • uie2 said:

We sang our hearts out the whole game and probably only 3 or 4 players clapped us from the halfway line. Not a single player came over to us and even KR didnt stay and clap us. We were superb supporters today. Disgusting recognition back from the players who again let us down in last minute.

They should be ashamed of themselves!! The supporters play their wages !! Maybe they is trouble behind the scenes after Robinson called all the players out apart from 2 last week!
    That's the second week in a row they've folded at the last minute. Not surprised they skulked off like a dog that's shit on the carpet.