Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic post-match views 10th February 2018

Comments

• Options
    Charlton bottle it - no surprise there then....
  • Options

And again, 3 substitutions in the last 10 minutes, one of these in added time, trying to run the clock down and slow the game down, how many more points will we lose before he understands that this negative move is not working, it has cost us on so many occasions.

To be fair he got slagged off here last week for NOT making defensive substitutions, with everyone saying he was naive for bringing on Aribo instead of a defensive player like Jackson or a CB. Sometimes with subs you look a genius if they come off, and a w*nker if they don't.
    sm said:

SDAddick said:

That player standing three yards behind everyone on the six yard box is Lennon. Ridiculous. Don't agree with the substitution but it's absolutely awful defending from him. What is he doing over there?
    Yeah, looks as if he played the bloke onside. Rest of the team had held a decent line.

And I say that as a Lennon defender.

Giving their player 4-5 yards on the edge of the penalty area is also pretty inexcusable - the mid field were also guilty of backing off too much at the end of the Oxford game
    Agreed, last week the 3 goals last week were from the edge of the box, this came from a shot at the edge of the box, where's the midfield cover attacking the ball and closing down the player?
  • Options

Reeves was put clean through about eight yards out on the right side of the area in the first half and he passed the ball backwards to the penalty spot, where it was charged down. No idea what he was thinking.

SERIOUSLY??? - Reeves is in the EXACT same position as the Doncaster scorer yet passes??? - Just put your foot through it!!!
    First time, outside of the right foot, bottom corner.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    "not getting the rub of the green" ??? Probably the worst comment I've heard from a CAFC manager. I admit I wasn't there, but reading the match thread I don't recall hearing that we had a blatant penalty turned down, or a shot cross the line & not given, or a bad tackle go unpunished & then that player scoring for them.

That bloke just can't hold his hands up and say I got it wrong - again !

where do we get these twonks from.
  • Options

We sang our hearts out the whole game and probably only 3 or 4 players clapped us from the halfway line. Not a single player came over to us and even KR didnt stay and clap us. We were superb supporters today. Disgusting recognition back from the players who again let us down in last minute.

I imagine they were too embarrassed.
  • Options
    Not sure he got it wrong, he can’t force Fosu not to have a heavy touch after rounding the keeper, if he puts that in game over thanks very much, same with Joshs chance first half, he tried to shore it up with Jacko and Harry and it backfired, move on to Tuesday night. Sometimes think we get to strung up on last minute goals for and against
  • Options
    At the game. Cant believe that's not 3 points in the bag. Our fans did our club proud today........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

LouisMend said:
    The blame game is getting a bit tedious now. Never his fault for tactics, always the players' for not following instructions.
    The blame game is getting a bit tedious now. Always his fault for tactics, never the players for screwing it up.

Tbf, I'm not impressed by these late substitutions.
  • Options
    Totally dominated the game no mention of Fosu missing an open goal in the second half. People blaming Robinson? The players should look at themselves, we have to take our chances, should have been out of sight, that shot at the end could have gone anywhere but unfortunately it fell to their player five yards out.
  • Options
    Not sure what I was most surprised at, letting in a late goal or the amount of OB in riot gear.
  • Options
    Just seen the Sky highlights, how did Fosu miss that one on one!?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I wonder how many of the above comments come from people who didn't actually watch the game but can't wait to get stuck in to the team or Robinson. Anyone care to admit that?

Well said.
  • Options
    Robinson can't take the blame for it all. Fosu missed the chance to seal the game not him.

But at same time, he decided to start Reeves and keep him on. He brought Lennon on and the things that's angering me the most tonight is that he again failed to sign a striker.

Relying on same couple of players to score all the time. Zyro a striker but a winger comes on up top? We finished the game with a shit CB at LB and a striker down the wing. Our striker is out on loan yet again and shit like Marshall and Reeves get starts.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I wonder how many of the above comments come from people who didn't actually watch the game but can't wait to get stuck in to the team or Robinson. Anyone care to admit that?

Happy to admit I wasn't at the game and that I don't think Robinson is up to the job - I note for the second week in the row he is blaming the team rather than taking responsibility himself. I said the same last week. This is just a management 101 failure in any field not just football.
  • Options
    sm said:

JamesSeed said:

Happy to admit I wasn't at the game and that I don't think Robinson is up to the job - I note for the second week in the row he is blaming the team rather than taking responsibility himself. I said the same last week. This is just a management 101 failure in any field not just football.
    Just watch the matches.
  • Options
    sm said:

JamesSeed said:

Players have to take responsibility too but can't disagree with what your saying. He's making poor decisions and he's not taking us up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

Wigan, Scunthorpe and Shreswbury lose. Rotherham win, everyone else draws.
    What a missed opportunity, but at least it's pretty much as you were, and we still have two games in hand on some.

Sadly one of those games is @ Shrewsbury

Would much rather have the points for once
    Has it come to this? We're scared of Shrewsbury?!

3-0 Charlton. The beginning of the end the the Shrews (or whatever their nickname is).
  • Options
    Sorry but watching a completely different game to me if you think Reeves did well
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I've not made any comments as I wasn't there but I have 'liked' a lot of posts making criticism of Robinson, criticism I agree with. He's not good enough, end of. Can't wait till he effs off.
  • Options
    Looks to be a very unlucky draw.
  • Options
    Reeves was the weak link. Cannot believe he took Fosu off when he did instead of Reeves.
  • Options

Can’t be arsed to read this thread, just know if is going to be full of Lennon bashing. Young lad, seems like one who will always give his best. If he had not been last man their scorer would likely have stood in line with Bauer and would still have got to the high looping ball. Bad luck with a deflected shot. Should have taken more chances, one goal is often not enough. Onwards we go, worst case we end mid table this season but with our mega money new owners we will romp it next year. Palace got mashed by a crap Everton team and now have United, Spurs and Chelsea up. rejoice in that.

You sure... You may have Sunderland, Hull , Birmingham in the mix next season.
  • Options
    Highlight of the day was on the train home.
    Mate came out with I don't give a f@ck if red bull buy us change our name and move us to another ground if there willing to throw millions at us I'm happy with that.
  • Options
    I was talking to a German friend about why England lose on penalties. he said 'it's because you think you're going to lose on penalties'. He then said 'We know we're going to win on penalties. In fact we know we're going to win, full stop'.

We are the opposite of that. 'Expect the worst'. 'It's the hope that kills you'. These have become the Charlton philosophy/expectation. Whether it's based on experience or not it's a negativity that permeates the whole club, from fans to players. Need to break away from that.