Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic post-match views 10th February 2018

Comments

• Options
    I would bet we lead the league in points lost in extra time this season.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

HandG said:

If he won’t re think the 4231, he needs to start Aribo in the no 10 position. I agree with trying to get a player in there who wants to pass the ball rather than just run with it, but Reeves just hasn’t done enough to justify a starting place.

JFC seems to be getting into the box less than he did earlier in the season too.

Whether at number 10 or deeper in midfield, Aribo needs to be in the team full stop. He scored three in four games didn't he? And then JFC walks straight back into the team. What more could Joe have done?
    Agree 100%. I can understand rotating or resting him, but not a pecking order that has him firmly below JFC.
    I get stick for backing Robbo, and I still think people underestimate what a state we were in before he took over, but I'm getting increasingly annoyed by some of his selections, and one or two of his substitutions recently.
    Absolutely this.

Robinson has done a decent job and I have backed him too. Just feel he has weaknesses letting him down and it can cost points.

Certainly cannot complain at his signings. Would love him as scout or D of F as Dasilva, Fosu, Mavididi JFC all been good signings. Yes we waited for Reeves too long but not many were complaining about him or Marshall despite how poor they have been
    well I was, from day one & even before.
    Yeah, but, to be fair, you complain about almost everything all of the time.
  • Options
    The thing I thought during the game, was how much we miss Maidvidi, his attacking the defense would have terrified their defense and given us some control.
  • Options
    Just for good order

0% Top two ........ 29% 3rd-6th ....... 66% 7th-12th ........5% 13th-20th .......0% Relegation

100% Roland OUT
  • Options
    Pretty much the story of our season so far, most of the possession and chances, but just can't finish teams off and get punished for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Scoham said:

I watched the stream, we had same problems we've had for most of the season. We don't score enough goals. With his style I don't expect KR to focus on defending, we need to make up for it by scoring plenty.

You can blame the players and say KR can't make them take their chances, but I'm not convinced by 4-2-3-1 at this level with the players we have.

So often we play nice looking football but because we're so possession based that gives teams time to get back and make it hard to break them down. I don't feel we create enough of the type of chances that you expect to score.

While I don't want us to keep sacking managers I have this feeling that KR will never get it quite right, even with a good budget. A bit like Parkinson, did plenty of good things but never enough to take us up. I say that as someone that is neither a big fan of KR or have ever felt a reason to dislike him.

Have increasingly convergent views, but happy to see how it goes for the rest of the season. If we get promoted, with all that entails, I'd find it hard to argue for him to be replaced.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

I watched the stream, we had same problems we've had for most of the season. We don't score enough goals. With his style I don't expect KR to focus on defending, we need to make up for it by scoring plenty.

You can blame the players and say KR can't make them take their chances, but I'm not convinced by 4-2-3-1 at this level with the players we have.

So often we play nice looking football but because we're so possession based that gives teams time to get back and make it hard to break them down. I don't feel we create enough of the type of chances that you expect to score.

While I don't want us to keep sacking managers I have this feeling that KR will never get it quite right, even with a good budget. A bit like Parkinson, did plenty of good things but never enough to take us up. I say that as someone that is neither a big fan of KR or have ever felt a reason to dislike him.

Have increasingly convergent views, but happy to see how it goes for the rest of the season. If we get promoted, with all that entails, I'd find it hard to argue for him to be replaced.
    I don’t think anyone could raise a valid reason to sack a manager who wins promotion. With a limited budget and the people he works for, that would be a decent job.

Don’t think he would do well in the Champ though, and I don’t think we stand a chance of going up anyway.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

I don’t think anyone could raise a valid reason to sack a manager who wins promotion. With a limited budget and the people he works for, that would be a decent job.

Don’t think he would do well in the Champ though, and I don’t think we stand a chance of going up anyway.
    We definitely stand a chance. Arguably slim though.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

We definitely stand a chance. Arguably slim though.
    I would be really disappointed if we don't make the playoffs, when you look at the teams around us, and once there it's down to end of season form and luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Someone I know claims to know Bowyer and says that he (Bowyer) and Jacko think that Robinson is a useless knob and largely ignore him. I’ve always thought that was BS but I’m beginning to wonder.

I heard something very similar a few weeks back.

• Options

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

If we get promoted we'll presumably have a chance to rebuild the squad. It'll be a golden opportunity for Karl to show what he can do. If he fails he fails.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

If we get promoted we'll presumably have a chance to rebuild the squad. It'll be a golden opportunity for Karl to show what he can do. If he fails he fails.
    and we get relegated again ???? I don't think I'd want to take the chance of that, thanks very much. Having seen what he thinks is a decent squad this summer I wouldn't put him in charge of feeding the animals at London zoo.
    Lol you're hilarious, my sides are splitting.

Seriously, your posts here are clearly just attention seeking, and unfortunately I've just fallen for it.

Damn.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

and we get relegated again ???? I don't think I'd want to take the chance of that, thanks very much. Having seen what he thinks is a decent squad this summer I wouldn't put him in charge of feeding the animals at London zoo.
    We obviously are a decent side though. If we hadn't had that awful injury period over Christmas (and which we still haven't recovered from), we'd be comfortable in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Pp
    Dannoo_86 said:

Someone I know claims to know Bowyer and says that he (Bowyer) and Jacko think that Robinson is a useless knob and largely ignore him. I’ve always thought that was BS but I’m beginning to wonder.

Did you believe it is what is really important.
    I for one don’t and think someone is on a wind-up!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I wonder how many of the above comments come from people who didn't actually watch the game but can't wait to get stuck in to the team or Robinson. Anyone care to admit that?

i think its the result that we've become used to this season, it doesnt matter how good/shite we were weve dropped 2 points in the last minute of a game, i cant comment on oxford or doncaster as wasnt at either the walsall game we looked v good i thought.
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:

Careful mate, Folk will be calling you a knob if they see you posting this
  • Options

Dannoo_86 said:

Careful mate, Folk will be calling you a knob if they see you posting this
    Knob!
  • Options

Pp

Dannoo_86 said:

If you had actually read the post rather than resorting to flags and insults, you would have deduced that I don’t believe it either. Simply passing on something that I was told in the context of a post match disappointment. There are plenty of WUMs on here without me trying it. Not my style I can assure you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

I wonder how many of the above comments come from people who didn't actually watch the game but can't wait to get stuck in to the team or Robinson. Anyone care to admit that?

i think its the result that we've become used to this season, it doesnt matter how good/shite we were weve dropped 2 points in the last minute of a game, i cant comment on oxford or doncaster as wasnt at either the walsall game we looked v good i thought.
    In a way, yes, but I'd rather drop 2 points in the last minute of the game having been excellent, than dropping 2 having been rubbish.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

We obviously are a decent side though. If we hadn't had that awful injury period over Christmas (and which we still haven't recovered from), we'd be comfortable in the playoffs.
    *decent league one side

Which is exactly what's wrong
  • Options

Pp

Dannoo_86 said:

If you had actually read the post rather than resorting to flags and insults, you would have deduced that I don’t believe it either. Simply passing on something that I was told in the context of a post match disappointment. There are plenty of WUMs on here without me trying it. Not my style I can assure you.
    That being the case I apologise and will remove the flag.
    Though it’s something I wouldn’t have posted myself without clear proof and a respected worthwhile source saying it, not “you’ve got a mate who’s a mate of Bowyer.” I mean to say, that’s somewhat tenuous to say the least!.
    Talk like that, especially without proof, where people’s jobs and relationships could be effected to the detriment of the club, should be kept to oneself IMHO and treated as nonsense/hearsay.
  • Options

Pp

Dannoo_86 said:

That being the case I apologise and will remove the flag.
    Though it’s something I wouldn’t have posted myself without clear proof and a respected worthwhile source saying it, not “you’ve got a mate who’s a mate of Bowyer.” I mean to say, that’s somewhat tenuous to say the least!.
    Talk like that, especially without proof, where people’s jobs and relationships could be effected to the detriment of the club, should be kept to oneself IMHO and treated as nonsense/hearsay.
    Thank you. Accepted. And I in turn will think before posting in frustration.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

In a way, yes, but I'd rather drop 2 points in the last minute of the game having been excellent, than dropping 2 having been rubbish.
    ultimately a lapse in concentration and conceding a goal late on could cost us a place at wembley, do agree were playing well and dropping points its certainly half the battle.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Trouble is theres been about 17 games this season where weve dropped points and shouldnt have
  • Options
    There have been far too many. It is because a) we don't take our chances and b) when we sit deep we tend to concede. Hopefully we can fix one or both, starting from tonight. I want a happy drive home from the game for a change.
  • Options

There have been far too many. It is because a) we don't take our chances and b) when we sit deep we tend to concede. Hopefully we can fix one or both, starting from tonight. I want a happy drive home from the game for a change.

Its been all through the season
    How many times we heard should of been 2 goals up before they scored.
  • Options
    BFG and Fosu have picked up knocks apparently
  • Options

BFG and Fosu have picked up knocks apparently

More of the same then - unless this is wrong!