Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eating raw chicken

Comments

• Options

Dodgy dinner!

I would be force feeding it to the cook (not sure if you can call him that).
    What he said.
    you should have sent it straight back.
  • Options
    Even if it's fresh, undercooked chicken will make you ill if you eat enough of it.

Why would you eat it if it looked raw/undercooked?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The dish was chicken and pulled pork. The pulled pork on top was in a sauce and seemed fine. I cut into the 'base' and then had a stringy bit that I spat out and realised it wasn't cooked and there was more underneath. Of course I stopped and reported it straight away
  • Options
    Mate, Leroy has said it all above
  • Options

Dodgy dinner!

That is absolutely fucking outrageous. I don't care what sort of shitty travelodge type establishment you're staying in - that is totally unacceptable. If that had turned up on my plate, I'd have their head office on the phone right now attempting to prevent me from going viral (pardon the pun)
    100% agree. I'd be contacting not only the manager but also environmental health. You can't sell uncooked chicken - end of. I'd ask for a full refund plus also a refund on the cost of the room.
  • Options

Dodgy dinner!

That is absolutely fucking outrageous. I don't care what sort of shitty travelodge type establishment you're staying in - that is totally unacceptable. If that had turned up on my plate, I'd have their head office on the phone right now attempting to prevent me from going viral (pardon the pun)
    Looks like it's part of Shepherd Cox Hotels, Head office in Fitzrovia, W1
  • Options

Seriously. I know you're worried about potential ill effects, but get hold of the manager ASAP and show him that photo. That will make him shit himself faster than if he'd eaten that whole plate himself

Have shown them the photo but I guess they can't stop me getting food poisoning now if it's gonna happen. Am not expecting a bill when I check out!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I had a questionable sandwich - chicken based - from Tesco in Hammersmith about a year ago. I had it for lunch and was pretty ill within an hour or so of arriving at home; so I guess the onset of symptoms was about 6 or so hours?

Was honestly one of the worst nights of my life - both for sickness and diarrhea, but also as it's one of the first times I've ever experienced a fever; a horrible headache combined with lots of sweating, muttering, confusion, and a horrible tiredness.

The good news? Although I shouldn't have gone to work the next day - and the missus was livid that I was even considering it - I did. All that remained the next day was diarrhea, and although the commute was horrible (I'm well aware that a single cough or sneeze would've made me shit myself) the other symptoms had gone.

As other have said - lots of fluids (and maybe something like dyralite if you can get your hands on some?) and some rest if you end up ill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100% complain, that isn't even close to being 1/2 cooked.

No doubt the chain has a Twitter page, I'd tweet them your picture of "dinner" along with the hotel location and you will hear from them soon enough.
  • Options
    That isn't raw that is still blooming breathing.
  • Options
    I think you have 2% chanceof getting ill
  • Options

See, that’s why I don’t eat chicken, raw or cooked. It’s fowl.

Totally agree.

Spend some time watching hens that have been rescued from their cages, pale faces and few feathers. They're still curious, beautiful creatures. After a few months their feathers grow back. Each hen is an individual and has their own personality. They can be friendly, trusting of humans and learn to be called by name. Please don't eat them.
  • Options

Anyone know how likely you are to get food poisoning if you eat raw chicken? Not sure how much or if just mixed in with the rest of the meal that was cooked ok

If it was completely fresh and a small amount then not likely
    Small amounts perhaps but an infected bird is infected regardless of when it is consumed.

When did it become infected? From the original post I took it that she MIGHT have eaten some undercooked chicken.
    No. What I said was. It doesn’t matter how much was eaten or how fresh the bird was. If it was infected with either salmonella or Campylobacteria
    then it could cause food poisoning. If it was carrying bacteria then potentially the whole meal was infected regardless of whether any of the flesh was eaten.
  • Options

Dodgy dinner!

That deserves a mention on the wtf thread.
  • Options

Anyone know how likely you are to get food poisoning if you eat raw chicken? Not sure how much or if just mixed in with the rest of the meal that was cooked ok

If it was completely fresh and a small amount then not likely
    Small amounts perhaps but an infected bird is infected regardless of when it is consumed.

When did it become infected? From the original post I took it that she MIGHT have eaten some undercooked chicken.
    No. What I said was. It doesn’t matter how much was eaten or how fresh the bird was. If it was infected with either salmonella or Campylobacteria
    then it could cause food poisoning. If it was carrying bacteria then potentially the whole meal was infected regardless of whether any of the flesh was eaten.
    Ahh, gotcha
  • Options

See, that’s why I don’t eat chicken, raw or cooked. It’s fowl.

Totally agree.

Spend some time watching hens that have been rescued from their cages, pale faces and few feathers. They're still curious, beautiful creatures. After a few months their feathers grow back. Each hen is an individual and has their own personality. They can be friendly, trusting of humans and learn to be called by name. Please don't eat them.
    You are far too nice to be on this thread x
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Shit the bed. Just seen the photo (there'd been posts whilst I was typing mine up) - that's absolutely atrocious. The staff sound absolutely dreadful too.

I'd chuck that photo out on Social Media and find the email address of the CEO/senior management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Dodgy dinner!

That deserves a mention on the wtf thread.
    ?
  • Options
    I've had food poisoning twice; once from Old Trafford, sickness etc started abou 6 hours later and from Wagamamas in Croydon. I don't ever want it a third time! Horrible, horrible experiences!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    LuckyReds said:

Shit the bed..

That’s the fear...

Good luck Mrs P, bet you feel like you are playing the waiting game. Remember you ladies are made of stronger minerals than us wimpy blokes
  • Options
    I couldn't see the problem chicken as under the cooked pulled pork
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Shit the bed. Just seen the photo (there'd been posts whilst I was typing mine up) - that's absolutely atrocious. The staff sound absolutely dreadful too.

I'd chuck that photo out on Social Media and find the email address of the CEO/senior management.

agreed, that'll teach em
  • Options

I've had food poisoning twice; once from Old Trafford, sickness etc started abou 6 hours later and from Wagamamas in Croydon. I don't ever want it a third time! Horrible, horrible experiences!

Ffs don’t sneeze

• Options

LuckyReds said:

Shit the bed..

That’s the fear...

Good luck Mrs P, bet you feel like you are playing the waiting game. Remember you ladies are made of stronger minerals than us wimpy blokes
    I do. And not just about the takeover......which will happen first?
  • Options
    You got the shits yet?
  • Options

Ffs don’t sneeze

I'm scared to cough! It could take up to 24 hours - hopefully won't start mid-briefing!
  • Options
    I actually looked up,your IP address expecting you to be on one of your African jaunts!