Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eating raw chicken

Comments

• Options
    Ok ladies and gentlemen- we need to help @PrincessFiona get through the night. I will take the 1130-0000 shift. Although can probably pencil in @Callumcafc and @SDAddick for most of the night shit Shift.
  • Options
    I'm too scared to go to sleep in case I wake up with eruptions from either/both!
  • Options
    Us foreigners must thank you all really, for the opportunity to witness the famed and much admired British health service in action. So scientific. ...
  • Options
    Sorry - This is a bit late but I saw this thread title and thought it was an insane joke.

That you were served uncooked chicken by a professional establishment is a disgrace. They need to be reported to public health.

The last time I had food poisoning was after eating Xmas dinner at a friends house when in France. I was really ill within 3 hrs.

As a general guideline for future reference the fairly quick cure for the above was a quantity of Cider Vinegar in a glass of warm water.

Google it.

Hope you have a restful night.

All the best

• Options
    It's probably too latw to help but a big old glass of Chinese rice wine will kill anything.
  • Options

@Chef_addick as an expert in your trade you must look at that dish with the same level of disgust I sometimes look at @cabbles moderating attempts...

True, but with some decent training there is hope for @wibbles and his moderating, unfortunately whoever cooked that chicken is beyond helping.
    I've been promoted to moderator? Since when?

:-)

@PrincessFiona you might want to use this form to report the food hygiene issue to the local council - I think I'm right in saying Northallerton comes under Hambleton District Council.
  • Options
    Is it a good morning?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    How are you feeling by this morning @PrincessFiona? Or would you rather not talk about it? - I guess it’s still a bit raw.
  • Options

How are you felling by this morning @PrincessFiona? Or would you rather not talk about it? - I guess it’s still a bit raw.

Yes, hope you are ok this morning?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How are you feeling by this morning @PrincessFiona? Or would you rather not talk about it? - I guess it’s still a bit raw.

How are you “felling”......wow that’s a bit worrying!
  • Options

Don’t think she’ll be over cooking her experience.
  • Options
    Hope you are ok this morning Fiona. Even if you wasn't up all night spluttering chicken feathers. I would tell the hotel management you were. Play on it a bit get some of your money back.
  • Options
    Cock-a-doodle-poo Fiona!!!

Well? Everything normal?
  • Options
    Morning all. Surprisingly no ill effects yet. I hardly slept as was worried I'd wake up spewing, or worse! If it can take up to 3 days I hope it doesn't make an appeaance in the middle of my briefing or on the train back to Kings X!
  • Options
    I cant get over that photo of the plate, any person, let alone a chef, that serves that to someone to eat, needs shooting.

The only 2 explanations I can think of are that either it was done on purpose, in a sabotage kind of way. Or the chef had a couple of breasts on the go, at various stages of being cooked and got em mixed up, but then anyone with an ounce of know how would know by the texture of the meat that it was still cluckin.......
  • Options

Morning all. Surprisingly no ill effects yet. I hardly slept as was worried I'd wake up spewing, or worse! If it can take up to 3 days I hope it doesn't make an appeaance in the middle of my briefing or on the train back to Kings X!

I think you should make the hotel buy you one of these for the train journey, just in case.

https://www.camping-intl.com/products/accessories/kampa-khazi-portable-toilet/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIztnKgfqz2QIVqrftCh26IgX2EAQYAyABEgJASfD_BwE
  • Options

I cant get over that photo of the plate, any person, let alone a chef, that serves that to someone to eat, needs shooting.

The only 2 explanations I can think of are that either it was done on purpose, in a sabotage kind of way. Or the chef had a couple of breasts on the go, at various stages of being cooked and got em mixed up, but then anyone with an ounce of know how would know by the texture of the meat that it was still cluckin.......

The explanation was there were 2 chefs on and one put the chicken on the be char grilled and the other served it up, covering it with the cooked ok pork
  • Options

In all seriousness, judging by the amount of chicken left I doubt you have eaten enough to make yourself sick, it does now be in bring in to question the rest of the dish though, ie the pork.

It would have to have been reheated in order to serve it to you and the legal temp for that is 75 degrees, they clearly didn't check the temp of the chicken so you would also question the other elements of the dish.

Also the "batoning" of the carrots is shoddy at best.

You sound like you know what you're talking about, I'm guessing you might have some experience in working in a professional kitchen @Chef_addick

; )
  • Options
    Times like this high quality toilet paper is a must and my Makro visits and OCD make sure I always have a minimum 100 bog rolls (Andrex puppies on a roll) in the house , as an IBS sufferer it’s a must .
    I always bring extra bog rolls with me when I travel .
    I hope PF has some quality rolls if things go wrong cos without it’s gonna be sore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    only ever had it once and that's why i never eat BBQ unless done by a professional.
  • Options

only ever had it once and that's why i never eat BBQ unless done by a professional.

You get women of the night to cook for you?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

You get women of the night to cook for you?
    More cock in van, than cop au vin.
  • Options

The explanation was there were 2 chefs on and one put the chicken on the be char grilled and the other served it up, covering it with the cooked ok pork
    Too many cooks spoil the broth
  • Options

Times like this high quality toilet paper is a must and my Makro visits and OCD make sure I always have a minimum 100 bog rolls (Andrex puppies on a roll) in the house , as an IBS sufferer it’s a must .
    I always bring extra bog rolls with me when I travel .
    I hope PF has some quality rolls if things go wrong cos without it’s gonna be sore

Will take some for the train journey!
  • Options
    Thread of the year. Can’t believe I missed this
  • Options
    Wife had salmonella poisoning, she didn't get it through eating chicken but had a cut on her leg that got infected when she was working with chickens. God forbid you end up with this, it's horrendous.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    That is genuinely outrageous. Probably the worst thing a chef could ever do.

Take them to the cleaners!
  • Options

Wife had salmonella poisoning, she didn't get it through eating chicken but had a cut on her leg that got infected when she was working with chickens. God forbid you end up with this, it's horrendous.

I must remember to invite you to parties.