Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eating raw chicken

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Food poisoning is the worst - I have cast iron guts but occasionally get struck down.

Worst was after eating at an Indian restaurant at Clarke Quay, Singapore with my then boss.

Had dinner and a few beers and then went our separate ways and the moment I got back into my hotel room I felt queasy.

I made it to the critical destination just in time and spent 75% of the night there shitting out my entire body weight and then in the morning actually felt as right as rain and, not surprisingly, very svelte and slim.

Couldn't work out to be pissed off with the restaurant or actually quite grateful.
  • Options

Food poisoning is the worst - I have cast iron guts but occasionally get struck down.

Worst was after eating at an Indian restaurant at Clarke Quay, Singapore with my then boss.

Had dinner and a few beers and then went our separate ways and the moment I got back into my hotel room I felt queasy.

I made it to the critical destination just in time and spent 75% of the night there shitting out my entire body weight and then in the morning actually felt as right as rain and, not surprisingly, very svelte and slim.

Couldn't work out to be pissed off with the restaurant or actually quite grateful.

Unusual in Clarke Quay - the restaurants there are generally very decent.
  • Options

Dodgy dinner!

If that's what you were served, have a very strong word with the manage.
  • Options

60 comments be made about a man, in a hotel room ,

Help me out here out Raplhie baby, was it the ‘Princess’ or the ‘Fiona’ bit that made you think it was a man?
    We are a gender fluid club ! You know that ! We can call ourselves what ever we choose, 90% of the people on here at female.
    Every one of us except for Fanny, Arsene, Weegie and Fiona.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Yes - the place was decent.

The worst thing was that my boss - a Palace fan - was absolutely fine.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Which is the biggest indication that whatever you ate there was probably not the cause of your illness. Incubation times for food poisoning vary but are usually measured in days rather than coming on within an hour or two. Yet we always blame the last place we ate for it!

https://nhs.uk/conditions/food-poisoning/causes/

We're all far more likely to give ourselves food poisoning or mistake it for norovirus than pick it up in a commercial premises.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Which is the biggest indication that whatever you ate there was probably not the cause of your illness. Incubation times for food poisoning vary but are usually measured in days rather than coming on within an hour or two. Yet we always blame the last place we ate for it!

We're all far more likely to give ourselves food poisoning or mistake it for norovirus than pick it up in a commercial premises.
    This is 100pc correct. 9 times out of 10 Norovirus is to blame for a dose of the shits. Most likely caught from a door handle or lift button 36-48 hours previously.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

This is 100pc correct. 9 times out of 10 Norovirus is to blame for a dose of the shits. Most likely caught from a door handle or lift button 36-48 hours previously.
    This. My sister and her husband thought they got food poisoning from a dodgey Chinese takeaway. They asked us to look after my nephew for a few days while they recovered. The next day we were all in firing from both ends. Turns out the kid had got norovirus in his first day at nursery and was the carrier despite not showing any signs of it himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

stonemuse said:

This. My sister and her husband thought they got food poisoning from a dodgey Chinese takeaway. They asked us to look after my nephew for a few days while they recovered. The next day we were all in firing from both ends. Turns out the kid had got norovirus in his first day at nursery and was the carrier despite not showing any signs of it himself.
    Kids are arseholes aren't they
    Yep the little bastard was grinning and laughing at us all as we were all feeling like death.
  • Options
    I must have a lead belly as I've never had food poisoning... Almost feel like i'm missing out
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Crikey, I really didn’t know that.

Feel really bad about having complained to the Singaporean government and having that place closed down now.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Crikey, I really didn’t know that.

Feel really bad about having complained to the Singaporean government and having that place closed down now.
    They're probably still rotting in jail now cursing that bloke who looked a bit peaky when he came in that night...
  • Options
    My wife had food poisoning once and I’ve never seen anyone so sick. It was a week after our honeymoon in the Far East so we assumed she’d picked something up out there. She got admitted to a tropical disease place for tests but it actually turned out she’d eaten re-heated rice that she hadn’t refrigerated properly after cooking it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

My wife had food poisoning once and I’ve never seen anyone so sick. It was a week after our honeymoon in the Far East

Probably sun burnt cock, rather than under cooked chicken.
  • Options

My wife had food poisoning once and I’ve never seen anyone so sick. It was a week after our honeymoon in the Far East

Probably sun burnt cock, rather than under cooked chicken.
    She’d have needed more than a nibble to catch anything like that unfortunately.
  • Options
    @PrincessFiona has it happened yet?
  • Options
    Your be in bed with Sam and Ella!
  • Options

My wife had food poisoning once and I’ve never seen anyone so sick. It was a week after our honeymoon in the Far East so we assumed she’d picked something up out there. She got admitted to a tropical disease place for tests but it actually turned out she’d eaten re-heated rice that she hadn’t refrigerated properly after cooking it.

Rice is really, really dangerous, most people are worried about chicken/pork etc when things like rice and onions can be FAR more dangerous.

Having a dodgy stomach is just part and parcel of living in China - meat is just left out on tables at the market, no refrigeration at all - however, during my first week in Kunming I got proper food poisoning, it was beyond awful, pissing out my arse for a week and was in almsot non-stop agony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rice is really, really dangerous, most people are worried about chicken/pork etc when things like rice and onions can be FAR more dangerous.

Having a dodgy stomach is just part and parcel of living in China - meat is just left out on tables at the market, no refrigeration at all - however, during my first week in Kunming I got proper food poisoning, it was beyond awful, pissing out my arse for a week and was in almsot non-stop agony.
    I can't think of you and food without remembering the fish and chip patty you made in my back garden all those years ago! I still laugh thinking about that

• Options
    I must have a lead belly as I've never had food poisoning... Almost feel like i'm missing out
  • Options
    I came down with virulent stomach bug in 1990 and have not really been solid since then.

Had Monday off work, battled in on Tuesday but was in such bad way had to be signed off for next two weeks.
    Had to take a sample to West Hill Hospital in Dartford and then a couple of days later the environmental health officer turned up at our house, to check my living conditions - which pleased my mum !!
    Had to miss watching the World Cup Semi Final against Germany with my mates as couldn't leave the house. (Damn you Peter Shilton, with your tippy tappy backward steps, and your 'wait till you see what way the ball is going before diving' penalty technique.
  • Options

Can i have the recipe for the chicken dish please @PrincessFiona?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    If we're sharing food poisoning stories, had a horrendous puke in Myanmar a few years ago, but can't really blame that country as I'd only just arrived from Malaysia, so probably something I ate in KL.
    Luckily I made my hotel room toilet in time, a second before my stomach errupted!