Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Options
    I am pretty sure it is Jack Kennedy in that picture.
    Here he is on the left of this pre-season photo in August 1965

Burridge and Kennedy look very alike - surely someone on here can put this to bed - I was born 1970, and arrived at my decision via ‘Home and Away with Charlton Athletic’ + ‘Valiant 500’ books - and I had to suffer going on a Palace website to get photo of Burridge - I’m yet to recover - pray for me 😳
  • Options
    Burridge was taller.  
  • Options
    Oh, by the way, the black & white photo is Burridge.
  • Options
    It's Jack Kennedy - 95% certain.
  • Options
    It's Jack Kennedy - 95% certain.
    Yep, that was my reaction too.
  • Options

• Options
    Why am I thinking goalkeeper.  Did he not play a handful of games for Charlton?
  • Options
    Why am I thinking goalkeeper.  Did he not play a handful of games for Charlton?
    Played once as a keeper, i was an a 10 yr old kid, and i called out to him, and he turned and smiled. Never forgot it.

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Happy birthday Gribbo
  • Options
    Wasn't he's nickname Twiggy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:
    Few seasons before I started going. Knew most but who is the top right player please? 
    Looks a lot like John Sewell.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    kentred2 said:
    Few seasons before I started going. Knew most but who is the top right player please? 
    Blimey……it’s nothing like him!
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    kentred2 said:
    Blimey……it’s nothing like him!
    Disagree...

• Options
    He left us for Palarse in 1963
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

I thought that was a young Roger Daltrey at first.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    kentred2 said:
    I vaguely remember watching John Sewell playing for us but just checked and he left for Palace in 1963.
  • Options
    Believe the missing name from the photo is Peter Burridge.
  • Options
    For the last time, it's Kennedy.
    It's a pre-season photo taken in August 1965,
    Burridge didn't join us until November 1965.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it Kennedy then????
  • Options
    I’m fairly certain that it is Jack Kennedy. That was the name that came to my mind when I saw the squad picture originally.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Few seasons before I started going. Knew most but who is the top right player   I can remember that team!
  • Options
    I'll give you a clue. 
    Read all the player's names above the photo. 
  • Options
    But there but there are nine players and only eight names, I think the player at the back far right might be Jack Kennedy.
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    But there but there are nine players and only eight names, I think the player at the back far right might be Jack Kennedy.
    In which case I apologise. 
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    I've heard some crazy conspiracy theories about Kennedy's assassination,  but the notion that he didn't really die and turned up in SE7 is surely among the daftest
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    I've heard some crazy conspiracy theories about Kennedy's assassination,  but the notion that he didn't really die and turned up in SE7 is surely among the daftest
    Ich bin ein Addick.
  • Options
    Check out The Valley in this 1963 film. Not so sure about the plot though.

https://youtu.be/zip9m9qpDMw?si=WiSJTzNNHDRCKEI1
  • Options
    With that music, I kept expecting this fella to appear