Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The playoff race

Comments

• Options

shirty5 said:
    Seems to think 6 points will be enough and have us 1 point clear of scunny
    I have exactly the same, fingers crossed
  • Options

Scunthorpe for some reason don't worry me as much as maybe they should reason being is take last saturday out the equation they hadn't won in 11.

Walsall fighting for their lives and will be tough and I can see then get something

Just hope that their win against us hasnt given them the confidence to go on a run - Also have to hope that their knackered after their closing down of our players last week as they covered every blade of grass
  • Options

Scunthorpe for some reason don't worry me as much as maybe they should reason being is take last saturday out the equation they hadn't won in 11.

Walsall fighting for their lives and will be tough and I can see then get something

Just hope that their win against us hasnt given them the confidence to go on a run - Also have to hope that their knackered after their closing down of our players last week as they covered every blade of grass
    Their win against us on Saturday was a real nuisance - a draw would have been fine after yesterday's result.
  • Options
    having seen us play Northampton i cannot see Plymouth losing to them, that was a massive blow to Pompey last night, its a winnable game on Saturday just have to put a shift in.

correct me if im wrong but sure the play off dates are;

finish 5th Rotherham H 12th May A 16th May ( Wednesday )
    finish 6th Shrewsbury H 10th May A 13th May ( Sunday )
  • Options

having seen us play Northampton i cannot see Plymouth losing to them, that was a massive blow to Pompey last night, its a winnable game on Saturday just have to put a shift in.

correct me if im wrong but sure the play off dates are;

finish 5th Rotherham H 12th May A 16th May ( Wednesday )
    finish 6th Shrewsbury H 10th May A 13th May ( Sunday )

Unless something has changed they haven't decided which of the dates is 5th v 4th and 6th v 2nd ie awaiting to see who is in it before confirming.
  • Options
    At the moment its 12th May | 16th May for Semi-Final (A) and 10th May | 13th May for Semi-Final (B)

Unless (A) means 3rd v 6th and (B) means 4th v 5th
  • Options

Most teams that have had a bad run, play us, eat us and then go right back to their bad run. I hope that's the case again!

It is really hard to predict, it feels like someone is going to falter in a match they should win and it might be our saving grace, providing we do our bit, which, of course worries me the most.
  • Options

Most teams that have had a bad run, play us, eat us and then go right back to their bad run. I hope that's the case again!

It is really hard to predict, it feels like someone is going to falter in a match they should win and it might be our saving grace, providing we do our bit, which, of course worries me the most.

That was us, last night against Bradford...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've given up trying to predict the outcome of this... previous form means nothing at this stage, just a question of who has the most bottle and, of course, who gets the most LUCK! Yes, we are capable of winning every game but we are also capable of wining none.
    A fit Kashi, Fosu and Mavididi is a bonus, one that we MUST take advantage of.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Through my contacts at the EFL I am able to reveal the results affecting promotion, showing how Charlton will manage it. I am no IT buff so I hope it is clear enough. Click on the image to enlarge it.

Not sure you've got that right! In the game between Scunthorpe and Plymouth you have down that Scunthorpe gained a point and Plymouth gained 0!

Edit: I think I've been trolled, Rotherham aren't even in the table
  • Options

Through my contacts at the EFL I am able to reveal the results affecting promotion, showing how Charlton will manage it. I am no IT buff so I hope it is clear enough. Click on the image to enlarge it.

That's quite a capitulation from Rotherham. Not even in top 8?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

That's quite a capitulation from Rotherham. Not even in top 8?
    And they are 10 points above pompy with 3 games to play.

Maybe the contacts at the EFL that @Aethelstan has have a points deduction heading rotherhams way haha :wink:
  • Options
    I have

5 Plymouth 75 points
    6 Scunthorpe 70 points (+11)
    ---
    7 Charlton 70 points (+8)
    8 Portsmouth 68 points
    9 Peterborough 65 points

Had us to draw Pompey and Blackburn and beat Rochdale. Put Scunthorpe down to beat Walsall but draw with MK, Plymouth and Bradford.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I take it we are all Blackburn fans tonight? Blackburn at home to Peterborough.
  • Options

Absolutely. Want Peterborough out of the play off race and also want Blackburn promoted before they come to the Valley
  • Options

Absolutely. Want Peterborough out of the play off race and also want Blackburn promoted before they come to the Valley
    Promoted with no chance of being champions. Just don’t lose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018

Are your contacts at the EFL going to disqualify Rotherham who seem to be missing from your final top of the table?
  • Options
    The Charlton see-saw in full swing.

We're superb,we're Going to win the playoffs ?
    We're shite, season over ?

Climb aboard CL members,
    You can go in the middle.

Since the first game of season, I thought we would finish 7th on goal difference, because of the lack of a poacher and not enough clean sheets.(plus injuries to key players)

Pompey is our cup final ?

That's a worry because we're rubbish in the cup.

COYR

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Promoted with no chance of being champions. Just don’t lose!
    Not sure both are possible unless you have two wins for Wigan, two draws for Blackburn and two losses for Shrewsbury for their next two games each.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    A Thursday/Sunday ting would be superb.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Rothko said:
    To be fair, last season was the first time that I remember there being a clash with Premier League games

SKY do usually put a lot of emphasis on the Play-Offs - What I don't get though is why the (B) Semi-Finals end three days after the (A) Semi-Final, kinda gives the first Finalists a bit of extra prep time

Although I guess the first League Two Semi-Final wont be televised as its at 3pm on a Saturday
  • Options
    preference would be a as i can get to the game on the 13th be it home or away.
  • Options
    Would definitely prefer to be in the (B) Semi-Finals

Hate Weekend and Bank Holiday games that are the day before work (i.e. Gillingham this season and Rotherham are examples of that), and a 5:15pm game on the Sunday sounds shite, although would expect us to be away for that one actually.
  • Options
    I wonder if Sky will do a playoff special ticket.

• Options
    Away game on a Sunday afternoon is easier (work wise, maybe not trains etc) than a Wednesday night.