Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Agree they have flawed technique against a swinging ball but I think any country in the world would’ve struggled with that yesterday.
    Perfect toss to win given the conditions but every bowler except perhaps Broad bowled perfect lines and legths.

Jimmy really is an absolute master of swing bowling. Even with the poor technique, batters know after 4 awayswingers to expect the “booming” inswinger yet still get out to it. Combination of poor technique and excellent bowling.

Dry sunny day today. Wonder what point today our middle order collapse will happen.
  • England should make hay while the sun shines today but we’ll see how bad 107 was when and if England leave it significantly in their wake. Wouldn’t surprise me if they made 350. Equally would surprise me if they were all out for 100.
  • I'm hoping we can get in excess of 200.....should really get 300+ but we wont. We have seamers, they have spinners.....we can't play spin.

107 plays 156....but rain wins after that.
  • A sunny dry day. Not sure India have the right team, Pandya looked rubbish in the last match, not sure why he's in the team as the 3rd seamer and Yadav dropped

Before the weather changed everyone assumed that spin would dominate, I'm sure their spinners will still be dangerous
  • A lot of rain forecast tomorrow.

England will hope to bat once only in this game, it's the only chance of a win. That also means they'll have to get a move on today, but 300 and a lead of 200 could be interesting, if tomorrow is like yesterday, with rain and swinging conditions
  • motoring along 20-0 off 4
  • we should be past them by lunch at this rate.
    If we can keep batting until just before end of day, get 150 lead, then get some early wickets tonight
  • That is literally the worst review I have ever seen
  • Anyway, why the f**k did we recall this guy, Rory Burns in ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Cook out 32-2

The big moment for Pope
  • Burns and Gubbins both in ;)
  • Leuth said:

Burns and Gubbins both in ;)

With burns at 3???
  • England's best 2 batsmen at the crease!

Go well Popey lad.

Of course it is. I have tickets. Should have had a bet months ago.

Of course it is. I have tickets. Should have had a bet months ago.
    And Kent are playing. 4 no results in the T20 Blast so far in one of the dryest summers on record! You can guarantee that if Kent are playing Friday and Sunday, it'll rain on those days and be dry on Saturday
  • Theres talk , after Jennings and Cooks failures again, of Burns and Stoneman coming in, and they are going to rename the team Surrey,Yorkshire and Lancashire..
  • Pope abdicates for 28
  • A 50 on this wicket is going to be like scoring a century, so, in that context it makes Popey 28 seem like a 50.
  • Sponsored links:

• Both England reviews now gone.
  • Pope abdicates for 28

The review didn't provide any divine intervention
  • 89-4 at lunch, Root out
  • Our ability to lose a wicket in the last over of a session is unrivalled.

Root gone. 89-4 at lunch.
  • Makes the game more interesting. Of course it also makes a Thundercock special more likely. Watch out England, your top order will be at best a gutless troop of arse-brained imbeciles
  • Leuth said:

How the fuck does Woakes just stroll back in like that, with no form to speak of?

Fucked it status: fucking it
  • Good 50 from Woakes. He's very underrated s a batsman. I believe he has a higher first class batting average than a number of the players we habe tried in the top 6 in the last year.

Useful partnership from these 2 as well.

Slowly taking the game away from them.
  • Both nearing their hundreds now. Woakes on 95 Bairstow has slowed down and is on 82. Still have plenty of batting to come. Lead by 183. Lead of 280 would be wonderful!
  • Woakes goes to his first test 100!
  • Bairstow falls short.