Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Jennings never looked comfortable.

Hasnt all summer.
  • 54-2....

Bumrah hattrick ball

Certainly wasn’t, he only took 1 of the wickets!
  • 54-2....

Bumrah hattrick ball

Certainly wasn’t, he only took 1 of the wickets!
    Ahhhh. I stand corrected.

75-3. Pope gone.
  • Bumrah sounds like a villain from an 80s kids cartoon like he man or thunder cats - who has the appearance of a giant pair of buttocks
  • Yep. We can say his name without singing something akin to a superhero cartoon type show of the 80s. Bumraaaaaaah bumrah!
  • Appropriate that Bumrah plays with Pant...
  • Not sure giving Pope the responsibility of batting at 4 was such a good idea - good player but maybe needs another couple of years to mature.Aged 20 batting at 4 for England doesnt sound right to me.
  • Not sure giving Pope the responsibility of batting at 4 was such a good idea - good player but maybe needs another couple of years to mature.Aged 20 batting at 4 for England doesnt sound right to me.

How old was root when he got his cap and where did he start in the line up?

How old was root when he got his cap and where did he start in the line up?
    21 and started at no 6.

Burns to me seemed a more obvious call up than Pope, maybe playing at 3 so that Root could bat at 4
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree regarding Pope, don’t think he should have this responsibility especially with our top order weak.

Having said that they trusted Hameed to open.
  • Surely that hits the ground?
  • Bumrah has got the weirdest bowling action

Jennings will be a good player one day. He's just not capitalised on his opportunity thus far. Going to be a strange time coming up for England. Cook looks like he's mentally checked out. Anderson is an injury away and even if he stays fit he's at the tail end of his career now, Broad has a couple of years.

I liked the look of Curran and a fit Moran Ali coming back will be a boost.
  • We need to find a couple of decent batsman soon, we are too reliant on our bowlers and late middle order getting us out of trouble.

Surely Burns should be given a game soon
  • England to lose this inside 4 days. India will post around 400 & we wont get past 300 on 1st innings.

The scores won't be right, but the 1st innings deficit could be similar...
  • Dear oh dear
  • I see Sam Curran is 25no
  • 5 catches for Pant
  • Shocking collapse
  • Sponsored links:

• Pandya on fire, I would have dropped him which shows what I know!
  • follow-on ?
  • follow-on ?

Nope.
  • Some people on here, think Stokes is the Messiah, he's not he is a very naughty boy
  • Buttler now top scorer with 30.
  • England bowled out in a session.
  • How's stat?!

Andrew Samson

BBC Test Match Special statistician

"Between 1938 and 2016 England were never bowled out in a session. It is the third time in last two years it has happened."
  • Had not happened in previous 78 years
  • Sorry just repeating what was said
  • edited August 2018

England to lose this inside 4 days. India will post around 400 & we wont get past 300 on 1st innings.

The scores won't be right, but the 1st innings deficit could be similar...
    Yep.......I know me onions (perhaps he should be playing.....)

I will also go on record to say that Stokes is a plank & shouldn't be playing. If it was Root's decision to drop Curran & play Stokes then he should be thinking about resigning the captaincy. (not just about that decision but also that our 4th innings this series we have been 7 down for less than 150). Today was only the second time since 2015 (v NZ) that the openers have put on more than 50 runs - the other time it was 56 & today 54. truly shocking stat.

Probably only way we could have won this Test was if we had followed on, bowled them out for 150 odd & then had to chase 350. I expect Kholi wouldn't have enforced it either. As per my earlier post, we will loose & heavily - wont go to 5 days.