Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• edited August 2018

England to lose this inside 4 days. India will post around 400 & we wont get past 300 on 1st innings.

The scores won't be right, but the 1st innings deficit could be similar...
    Yep.......I know me onions (perhaps he should be playing.....)

I will also go on record to say that Stokes is a plank & shouldn't be playing. If it was Root's decision to drop Curran & play Stokes then he should be thinking about resigning the captaincy. (not just about that decision but also that our 4th innings this series we have been 7 down for less than 150). Today was only the second time since 2015 (v NZ) that the openers have put on more than 50 runs - the other time it was 56 & today 54. truly shocking stat.

Probably only way we could have won this Test was if we had followed on, bowled them out for 150 odd & then had to chase 350.
    I expect Kholi wouldn't have enforced it either. As per my earlier post, we will loose & heavily - wont go to 5 days.
    Know your onions? What you've said there is utter nonsense. You obviously have no grasp of cricket at all. Easy just to sit there slagging of England at cricket and football and Charlton and the weather etc etc
  • This hasnt done Sam Curran any harm at all - expect he will be back for the next test
  • Riviera said:

England to lose this inside 4 days. India will post around 400 & we wont get past 300 on 1st innings.

I will also go on record to say that Stokes is a plank & shouldn't be playing. If it was Root's decision to drop Curran & play Stokes then he should be thinking about resigning the captaincy. (not just about that decision but also that our 4th innings this series we have been 7 down for less than 150). Today was only the second time since 2015 (v NZ) that the openers have put on more than 50 runs - the other time it was 56 & today 54. truly shocking stat.

Probably only way we could have won this Test was if we had followed on, bowled them out for 150 odd & then had to chase 350.
    I expect Kholi wouldn't have enforced it either. As per my earlier post, we will loose & heavily - wont go to 5 days.
    Know your onions? What you've said there is utter nonsense. You obviously have no grasp of cricket at all. Easy just to sit there slagging of England at cricket and football and Charlton and the weather etc etc
    Thanks for that. Yes, it was utter nonsense, Just read it again.

what I meant to say was that if we had been forced to follow on we could have got 350 and left them chasing 175 odd. That was what was in my mind,

As it stand India are treating this like a 1 dayer - are going at 5 per over & are already 250 ahead. They will be 300+ ahead by close of play & will set us over 400 to win. Maybe all over by tomorrow evening but certainly not going into day 5.

Thanks for the abuse anyway old chap. Nice to be appreciated.
  • Rashid gets Dhawan, India 281 ahead

With 3 days left, they can bat as long as they like, indeed knackering Anderson and Broad will be in their game plan
  • England miss Curran .. similar angles from 4 r/arm pace bowlers .. the l/arm variety would/should have caused some problems
  • England miss Curran .. similar angles from 4 r/arm pace bowlers .. the l/arm variety would/should have caused some problems

I agree, it's test series like this we have to give guys like Curran a proper chance. We've been screaming out for something a bit different in our bowling attack for a while. What I don't want to see happen is a handful of our experienced players all decide to pack it in and we then have to rush guys like Woakes (who I know isn't a debutant but far from a first choice) and Curran in as they are around the squad. Same for Jennings and Pope.

India bowled excellently today as much as an England batting capitulation pisses me off, I like test match cricket that has sessions and days like today
  • Bairstow going off the field with a suspected broken finger
  • Bairstow going off the field with a suspected broken finger

Confirmed small fracture to that left middle finger
  • F*ck me, we've actually taken a catch
  • India going slower than the M25 at rush hour.

Once Kholi gets his hundred surely they must put their foot down, get a lead of 550 by 5.30pm & put us in for a dodgy 40/50 mins.

I know there are another 2 days but why take all day. No one has ever chased more than 450 so I doubt we'll get anywhere near 550.

btw..........Jennings just dropped Kholi on 93.........straight through his hands. might as well give them the game & go home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kholi 102 no. India lead by 447 runs.
  • Kohli lbw Woakes 103
  • Why is Jennings in the slips? He's hopeless
  • Why is Jennings in the team? He's hopeless

• We are tearing through them now.
  • England to lose this inside 4 days. India will post around 400 & we wont get past 300 on 1st innings.

Probably only way we could have won this Test was if we had followed on, bowled them out for 150 odd & then had to chase 350. I expect Kholi wouldn't have enforced it either. As per my earlier post, we will loose & heavily - wont go to 5 days.
    I've always said England are a better side when you let them bat 3 times! :wink:
  • We need Atherton & Boycott to open our second innings.
  • Why is Jennings in the slips? He's hopeless

Why is Jennings in the team?
  • 329-6

497 lead
  • Sponsored links:

• Think they might have enough here to be honest.
  • 344-6

Shastri is looking at his balls.

A declaration is looking imminent.
  • with Bairstow out of next Test, i can see a couple of changes only , Jennings dropped, with Burns and Foakes coming in, with Foakes keeping wicket, So, a line-up of Cook,Burns,Root,Pope,Stokes,Buttler,Foakes,Woakes,Rashid,Broad and Jimmy. As much as Sam should come back, i cant see them lengthening the tail (on paper) by playing Sam instead of Buttler(or Stokes for that matter). If they did play Sam instead of Stokes, then it would allow them to bring in another batter, but who? - the batters at the top of the CC averages are the usual characters, Vince etc, except for Joe Clarke, but i cant see them playing with 3/4 players in their early 20's.
  • 352-7 dec

520 lead

England will have to face 9 overs tonight.
  • Given how crap England's top order has been more often than not and the players that have tried and failed what does Hildreth have to do to get a go?

Could he be a David Steele for the 21st Century?
  • Next test is at Ageas Bowl - i cant remember, is it normally a spinning track (bearing in mind they have Mason Crane) ?
  • All over round about teatime tomorrow I would think.
    Gutless performance.

Come on England and prove me wrong.
  • How many down by close then? :-)
  • How many down by close then? :-)

Two