Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Brilliant stuff Chef!
  • So so pleased.
  • A few tears in my eyes there.......don’t mind admitting it.
  • Bloody brilliant. Up there with England's greatest ever opening batsmen for me. I reckon the ECB will try to convince him to play this Winter, I hope he doesn't though. What a way to bow out
  • Brilliant stuff, such a good way to finish and well deserved.
  • dodgy Indian fielding.......betting scam anyone ??

Oh FFS!!!
  • Bloody brilliant. Up there with England's greatest ever opening batsmen for me. I reckon the ECB will try to convince him to play this Winter, I hope he doesn't though. What a way to bow out

Nah give him the winter off. Let him rest and do what he wants. Score some bug runs for Essex next season and then come back for the ashes to tear the shit out of the Aussies one final time...
  • Sponsored links:

• I just want them to let Cook keep batting until the end of day five if he wants to.
  • edited September 2018
    twas writ in the stars .. century and most runs ever scored in a test match career by a l/handed batsman .. Ex Capn Cook and his Endeavour ((:>)
  • 311-2. Cook 141 not out. Root 121 not out
  • I'm sure this is the end. The alternative may have been just to take the winter off, but I really think he's ready to go now
  • 321-3. Root out for 125. Cook on 147
  • And Chef nicks behind next ball :(
  • Declare at tea.
    No mucking about.
  • Proper classy from the Indians, all shaking his hand before he walked off.
  • Cheers Chef!
  • Declare at tea.
    No mucking about.

I'm all for positivity but I think we need to bat on after tea. Really put the foot down for 30-40 mins & get a lead of 450 + .Then have 20 overs tonight & the full 90 tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll be great to get Jimmy bowling this evening so he can get the three wickets to take him past McGrath in all time wicket takers, tonight.
  • 321-4. Cook out for 147
  • Declare at tea.
    No mucking about.

I'm all for positivity but I think we need to bat on after tea. Really put the foot down for 30-40 mins & get a lead of 450 + .Then have 20 overs tonight & the full 90 tomorrow.
    We have more than enough runs already
  • One of the country's finest ever sportsmen - a true giant of the game.

Arise, Sir Alastair.
  • Thank you Alastair Cook.An emorional day for English cricket.
  • From 321-2 to 356-6. Should have enough runs on the board though
  • HarryLime said:

It'll be great to get Jimmy bowling this evening so he can get the three wickets to take him past McGrath in all time wicket takers, tonight.

Nah, let Cookie have all the headlines tonight and tomorrow morning, Jimmy can have his moment tomorrow afternoon!
  • Personally I think they should have declared at tea. Think they will declare at 4.30pm or whenever the next wicket goes/or 450.. I think Anderson could tip in to their batsmen tonight and pick up a couple.
  • Cook and Anderson making history on the same day would be something special.