Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• 292 all out. Poor tactics and bowling with the new ball making it too easy for Jadeja. Great innings though,
  • The team that aren't the better team have a 40 run first innings lead :smile:

Cook just starts his last ever England innings.
  • The team that aren't the better team have a 40 run first innings lead :smile:

Cook and Jennings just started their last ever England innings.

Fixed for you
  • Absolute gun number 4 batsman... and Kevin Pietersen.

Thought that was jedward with KP.
  • 32-1
    Jennings b Shami 10
  • Has to be his last innings after another ridiculous dismissal.

I hope so
  • I know Cook hadn't been in great form (hopefully go out on a high here though) but its going to be very tough replacing him and finding another opener who at least looks half capable at Test match level!

• I know Cook hadn't been in great form (hopefully go out on a high here though) but its going to be very tough replacing him and finding another opener who at least looks half capable at Test match level!

We still havent replaced Strauss...

We still havent replaced Strauss...
    Or Gower
  • Sponsored links:

• A decent day's play today, England definitely in the box seat. Great for Cook to be able to come back unbeaten on 46. Loads of plays and misses, but he seemed more solid as the innings progressed
  • Hope people can make it tomorrow to send him off. Wish I could go.

Chaorman of selectors has said that there will be only one new opener going to Sri Lanka and that Jennings position is safe.

Chaorman of selectors has said that there will be only one new opener going to Sri Lanka and that Jennings position is safe.
    Someone said he'd always be on the plane because he can bat against spin. You never know, playing in a dustbowl and getting a few scores could be the making of him
  • Carter said:

Has to be his last innings after another ridiculous dismissal.

Someone said he'd always be on the plane because he can bat against spin. You never know, playing in a dustbowl and getting a few scores could be the making of him
    He can also act as 4th seamer which on spinning tracks allows us to play an extra spinner without compromising batting.

Burns
    Jennings
    Denley
    Root
    Bairstow
    Stokes
    Buttler
    Moeen
    Rashid
    Broad
    Anderson

Unlucky for woakes and Curran but 4 frontline quicks just isn't needed on those pitches. Pope also in the squad as backup batsman l

Denley gives us a third spinner option. That side bats pretty deep.

I'll be there. Definitely want to get there on time, imagine if Cook was bowled at 11:01 and you were late!

I'll be there. Definitely want to get there on time, imagine if Cook was bowled at 11:01 and you were late!
    Hope you see Cook get he's century, that will be a day to remember
  • It was great being at The Oval yesterday to watch England's left handed opening batsman's last test innings - yes, time to go Keaton!

In some ways, I wanted Cookie to get out so we could clap him off for the last time, but the crowd who go today will now have that privilege.

I was sat a few rows behind @Airman Brown who I can confirm drank quite a few pints during the day!

I think if he gets his 50, he'll average 45 in Test cricket which is a nice figure to go out on.
  • Pedro45 said:

It was great being at The Oval yesterday to watch England's left handed opening batsman's last test innings - yes, time to go Keaton!

In some ways, I wanted Cookie to get out so we could clap him off for the last time, but the crowd who go today will now have that privilege.

I was sat a few rows behind @Airman Brown who I can confirm drank quite a few pints during the day!

The places he goes to just to flog copies of VOTV :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Keeping Jennings is just rewarding failure at this point. I hope all the encouragement he's gotten from coach and selectors is because he's playing for England in an ongoing Test

I think if he gets his 50, he'll average 45 in Test cricket which is a nice figure to go out on.
    I'm hoping he gets at least 30 more to be in the top 5 run scorers of all time.
  • Yes Cookie. Get in son...

So deserved!!!!

Legend
  • What a man! :')
  • Ali Ali Cook
  • dodgy Indian fielding.......betting scam anyone ??
  • What an unbelievable moment.
  • Well done Cookie!