Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Ferryman said:

If it's not the Villa GK it might be Joslain Mayebi.

It won't now be Mayebi.
  • Ferryman said:

If it's not the Villa GK it might be Joslain Mayebi.

thought that was some sort of joke until I googled him and he's actually a goalkeeper

• If we keep our current squad it will feel like a victory against the almighty Roland. I don't see anyone coming in and doubt anyone coming will be better than what we already have.

Oh for the Curbs days when deals were signed and sealed before there was even a whiff of a transfer. He was the ultimate poker face. To think we ever complained about being an unambitious mid-table premier league club. Ffs. I know they say be careful what you wish for but my mum could run this club better than Roland.
  • So sounds like all loan deals from football league clubs then which means we don't get them all done today but the squad is still way too think for even the coming weekend.
  • So sounds like all loan deals from football league clubs then which means we don't get them all done today but the squad is still way too think for even the coming weekend.

can't we still loan from PL after today?

• edited August 2018

So sounds like all loan deals from football league clubs then which means we don't get them all done today but the squad is still way too think for even the coming weekend.

Yup till 31st August

I think thats what Robin is saying too - Just that our Squad really needs players now rather than in three weeks

In his interview a few days ago, Bowyer was alluding to loans coming in.

• Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

wmcf123 said:

Croydon said:

If Ajose doesn't go, will Bowyer stop being so stubborn and bring him on off the bench after Taylor/Grant inevitably run themselves into the ground again?

1 goal Nicky?
    Not about scoring, it's about having fresh legs on the pitch who can close the ball down when the starting eleven are dead on their feet.

I get that it was probably a statement last weekend by LB, but that statement cost us in my opinion. Naive from him.
    The energetic Nicky Ajose known for his aggressive closing down and excellent hold up play who wants to commit his long term future to the club?

His ability in the air would be useful defensively as well.
    The Nicky Ajose who was a real team player towards the end of last season? Yeah, him. The one who actually did close players down, fought for his place and scored a vital goal against Portsmouth? That one, not the idea of the player you've got when he was loaned out under Robinson.

Do I think he's the best player ever? Not even close. But I do think that bringing on a proven league one player with fresh legs is better than a striker who is barely jogging when trying to hold out for a point in the dying minutes. If you can't see that then you're as stubborn as Bowyer.

Anyway, wrong thread for this.
    He might have helped yeah, but which Nicky Ajose do we have at the moment?

He may have also been beaten to a header trying to defend a set piece.

It's always gamble and this time Bowyer's choice to not bring him on didn't work. Another day he'll bring someone on that'll make a difference, or keep someone on that gives the team what it needs.

Other than fresh legs Ajose isn't usually the type of player you bring on in that situation. I can see why he chose not to, even more so with talk of Ajose leaving the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently a lot of League clubs aren't rushing to get bis done today. EFL clubs can sign a player on loan after today and can make perm the following day. Been told this, haven't done my own research btw.
  • Croydon said:

wmcf123 said:

Croydon said:

If Ajose doesn't go, will Bowyer stop being so stubborn and bring him on off the bench after Taylor/Grant inevitably run themselves into the ground again?

1 goal Nicky?
    Not about scoring, it's about having fresh legs on the pitch who can close the ball down when the starting eleven are dead on their feet.

I get that it was probably a statement last weekend by LB, but that statement cost us in my opinion. Naive from him.

I imagine not for the first time, that Ajose doesn't want to play
  • Redhenry said:

Apparently a lot of League clubs aren't rushing to get bis done today. EFL clubs can sign a player on loan after today and can make perm the following day. Been told this, haven't done my own research btw.

believe you can make it perm in January, not before.
  • with all pur injuted p
    Scoham said:

Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

wmcf123 said:

Croydon said:

1 goal Nicky?

The energetic Nicky Ajose known for his aggressive closing down and excellent hold up play who wants to commit his long term future to the club?

The Nicky Ajose who was a real team player towards the end of last season? Yeah, him. The one who actually did close players down, fought for his place and scored a vital goal against Portsmouth? That one, not the idea of the player you've got when he was loaned out under Robinson.

Do I think he's the best player ever? Not even close. But I do think that bringing on a proven league one player with fresh legs is better than a striker who is barely jogging when trying to hold out for a point in the dying minutes. If you can't see that then you're as stubborn as Bowyer.

It's always gamble and this time Bowyer's choice to not bring him on didn't work. Another day he'll bring someone on that'll make a difference, or keep someone on that gives the team what it needs.

Other than fresh legs Ajose isn't usually the type of player you bring on in that situation. I can see why he chose not to, even more so with talk of Ajose leaving the club.
    I humbly suggest that he is nowhere near our goal if we are defending a corner.........he should be near the half way line looking to chase down a clearance.

It doesn't matter now as he would have realised that LB doesn't want him. Not good for your confidence seeing the front 2 struggle for the last 20 mins & your manager standing on the touchline, arms folded, waiting for the inevitable. LB might as well just pick 1 sub for the bench on Saturday as he obviously doesn't want to play anyone else.
  • with all pur injuted p

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

wmcf123 said:

Croydon said:

1 goal Nicky?

I humbly suggest that he is nowhere near our goal if we are defending a corner.........he should be near the half way line looking to chase down a clearance.

It doesn't matter now as he would have realised that LB doesn't want him. Not good for your confidence seeing the front 2 struggle for the last 20 mins & your manager standing on the touchline, arms folded, waiting for the inevitable. LB might as well just pick 1 sub for the bench on Saturday as he obviously doesn't want to play anyone else.
    I do wonder if Bowyer deliberately left the starters on (except for Pearce obviously) as a way of getting them really match fit .. remember we came within a minute of getting a point away at a decent club in front of a big crowd .. just a theory
  • with all pur injuted p

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

wmcf123 said:

Croydon said:

1 goal Nicky?

Exactly - that would be one less player we can bring back to defend a set piece. We're not a big team as it is, and Ajose makes us even smaller and more lightweight.

He may have also told Bowyer he wants to leave. He would have probably come on if there was an injury, or we were chasing the game. Any manager is less likely to bring on a player like Ajose to help us defend.
  • Lookman staying at Everton
  • Lookman staying at Everton

What not coming on loan to Charlton? bummer...
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

with all pur injuted p

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Croydon said:

wmcf123 said:

Croydon said:

1 goal Nicky?

Exactly - that would be one less player we can bring back to defend a set piece. We're not a big team as it is, and Ajose makes us even smaller and more lightweight.

He may have also told Bowyer he wants to leave. He would have probably come on if there was an injury, or we were chasing the game. Any manager is less likely to bring on a player like Ajose to help us defend.
    one way to defend is to attack. Sunderland wouldn't have had a corner to score from if we have had some fresh legs on the pitch that maybe could have chased down Bauers punt into the corner that Grant failed to get to.

Also didn't have to be Ajose.....Recco was on the bench too.
    Ajose might have got there, been bullied off the ball and Sunderland won the corner. Lots of maybes and different ways of looking at it, that's my point.

Bowyer didn't want to bring on Maloney due to playing him and Lapslie in the same team. Reeco probably didn't come on for the same reason.

If we had a full bench with a good mix of options I'm sure we'll see Bowyer use it. Until then he might be more careful with throwing youngsters on, and if Ajose is waiting to move I wouldn't expect him to play much if at all.
  • see Southampton set to sell Ward-Prowse, replace with Aribo maybe?
  • Amazed how many people still holding out some hope we will sign even a premier league youngster on loan. Personally don’t believe we will sign a single soul unless the takeover goes through before Aug 31, even if we lose a few more players.

No way would Aribo be ready to play as a regular in the PL
    What would Aribo cost ? Talk of a million is ridiculous under the current circumstances and I would think an offer of £400k upfront would secure him. That’s just a punt with the money they have available.

No way would Aribo be ready to play as a regular in the PL
    He didnt even get into our first 11 last season. I think he has the potential to go on to be a decent championship player, but to think he is ready for PL now after mainly sub appearances for us seems strange on Southampton's behalf.
  • No weekly press conference as yet not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?
  • No weekly press conference as yet not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Ketts on Dr Kish
    Bowyer will hold his weekly press conference with local journalists on Thursday morning. He is likely to give updates on transfers and the injured players.