Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

I can see how it would benefit Josh to go out on loan but not why another spell in non-league or why we we are letting a forward go

But he hasn't featured at all in pre-season so maybe LB and JJ just don't rate him.

Can be recalled if he's at a non-league club.
    after a month, i believe
    The OS says January. Season long loan so rules may be different.
    That may be the case on this one. But the standard is a month, that's why we send them to non-league
  • @Redhenry any rumours your way? give us something!

Will try
  • Valley11 said:

Reckon Bauer and Aribo will stay but we’ll be told we weren’t able to sign anyone else as a result.

I reckon this too. Thought on Monday that both Bauer & Aribo would be leaving but now think nothing will happen & LB will be saying we still have until the end of the month & loans were going to be the only realistic way of boosting the squad in any case
  • it's ok as we are '100%' making signings. If you come out with something as definitive as that and nothing happens you have to be prepared to take some stick.

All our managers should realise by now that mad Roly may appear to let you sign a player or players, but will then withdraw funding as his mood changes, leaving said manager looking silly. Some of our past managers didn't need much help with that.
  • Rumours circulating, not sure how true, but it is being said that Pearce could be out for 6 weeks. Now I have no-inside knowledge and just read it elsewhere on another site. Please don't shoot the messenger, but, if true, and we don't bring in anyone else, I think its fair to say we are in even more of the deep brown smelly stuff. I'm hoping its all just a lot of stupid speculation.
  • Rumours circulating, not sure how true, but it is being said that Pearce could be out for 6 weeks. Now I have no-inside knowledge and just read it elsewhere on another site. Please don't shoot the messenger, but, if true, and we don't bring in anyone else, I think its fair to say we are in even more of the deep brown smelly stuff. I'm hoping its all just a lot of stupid speculation.

Would sound about right after the challenge
  • Sky Sports News reporting Jay DaSilva likely to be going to Bristol City.
  • Beardface said:

Sky Sports News reporting Jay DaSilva likely to be going to Bristol City.

Would make sense seeing that they're losing Joe Bryan to either Aston Villa or Fulham
  • Sponsored links:

• Peterborough spend again and sign Ivan Toney from Newcastle this morning.

Thought LB might pull some strings to get him. But we’re not in the transfer game it seems
  • edited August 2018
    Croydon said:

If Ajose doesn't go, will Bowyer stop being so stubborn and bring him on off the bench after Taylor/Grant inevitably run themselves into the ground again?

Could still go out on loan till January after today and then potentially sign for a third club then if we dont play him when he returns though

Very good signing for them.
    Will be interesting to see if they keep Marcus Maddison, one site is reporting that his £2.5m release clause has been met by two Championship sides with Blackburn | Leeds | West Brom | Reading | Aston Villa all interested

If he goes then you have to wonder where the service to Godden and Toney comes from

If he stays then that'll be Peterborough's best piece of work in the whole window

good signing, was very impressed with him last season

good signing, was very impressed with him last season

My mate - who incidentally doesn't want to renew his season ticket - agrees. Always raving about him and, tbf, he always plays well against us

Yeah would sound about right given the challenge, I genuinely thought it could be worse so it's to the point where I'd be willing to take 6 weeks if it really is just six weeks.

That's our captain gone and we're down a body.

Am I the only one who genuinely can't see us bringing anyone else in? Be it on a free, on a loan, etc? Maybe if it's a loan where their entire wages are paid, like with the Villa kid, but I can't see Roland expanding the expenditures.
  • If it's not the Villa GK it might be Joslain Mayebi.
  • Sponsored links:

Peterborough are really going for it .. the owner has given Evans cash to splash and he's splashed it pretty effectively (on paper at least) .. I've seen Toney several times playing for Scunthorpe .. he's decent, but can seem to lose heart when the going gets tough
  • Croydon said:

If Ajose doesn't go, will Bowyer stop being so stubborn and bring him on off the bench after Taylor/Grant inevitably run themselves into the ground again?

1 goal Nicky?
  • wmcf123 said:

Croydon said:

1 goal Nicky?
    Not about scoring, it's about having fresh legs on the pitch who can close the ball down when the starting eleven are dead on their feet.

I get that it was probably a statement last weekend by LB, but that statement cost us in my opinion. Naive from him.
  • Ferryman said:

If it's not the Villa GK it might be Joslain Mayebi.

Or what about his Half-Brother... Mayebi-Not? ;)
    I asked Bowyer who he was interested in and he just said Sum Ting Wong.
  • jac52 said:

Ferryman said:

If it's not the Villa GK it might be Joslain Mayebi.

Or what about his Half-Brother... Mayebi-Not? ;)
    I asked Bowyer who he was interested in and he just said Sum Ting Wong.
    Flag bait :smiley:
  • Beardface said:

Coz they are selling Joe Bryan
  • uie2 said:

Beardface said:

Coz they are selling Joe Bryan
    He's currently involved in a car chase with Steve Bruce apparently.

Signed for him then heard of Fulham's interest so bolted to West London with Brucey chasing him. Bryan's agent apparently saying his signature means nothing at this stage. I think this won't be the last we hear on this one