Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• ross1 said:

No weekly press conference as yet not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Ketts on Dr Kish
    Bowyer will hold his weekly press conference with local journalists on Thursday morning. He is likely to give updates on transfers and the injured players.
    Delayed until tomorrow as he's so busy trying to sign players? :wink:
  • It’s 22:40 in Sydney
  • This is pathetic. Squad inadequate. Signs of players joining- none.
    So it’s Bowyer hoping to get loan players?
  • ross1 said:

No weekly press conference as yet not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Ketts on Dr Kish
    Bowyer will hold his weekly press conference with local journalists on Thursday morning. He is likely to give updates on transfers and the injured players.
    we are now so insignificant that a "press conference" on transfer deadline day when we we're not actively involved means just 1 man his dog turning up That 1 man is ususlly Rich Cawley.....and he's on holiday this week.

step up the dog.
  • ross1 said:

Ketts on Dr Kish
    we are now so insignificant that a "press conference" on transfer deadline day when we we're not actively involved means just 1 man his dog turning up That 1 man is ususlly Rich Cawley.....and he's on holiday this week.

step up the dog.
    I am on my way :smiley:
  • edited August 2018

This is pathetic. Squad inadequate. Signs of players joining- none.
    So it’s Bowyer hoping to get loan players?

It was RD's intention all along & only if the parent club pay most if not all of their wages. LB knows this & so will trot out his usual.. " it is what it is"....

no its not. It is what it is only if you let it. 3 hours for his "100% definitely" to unravel.
  • edited August 2018
    Less than 3 hours to go.
  • We have got loan deals lined up but none will be completed this week will be the excuse
  • It is what it is. Translated NO NEW SIGNINGS
  • Sponsored links:

• We have got loan deals lined up but none will be completed this week will be the excuse

A couple in on Aug 30th - another 4 games by then. Had from June 1st to arrange things...........there's a pre-season for a reason !!
  • Taylor and Pratley were free transfers... we've signed no one for a fee this summer so that wont change within the next three hours so this window closing today has absolutely no bearing on our business

Just means that we wont lose Bauer or Aribo

Only good thing (potentially) is the fact that Premier League sides will know which players they can loan out so will be more open to Bowyer etc. approaching them asking for some young Goalkeeper etc. (You'd hope)
  • I am not blaming LB, but assuming the mantra tomorrow is "It is what it is and we just have to get on with it", then he will see the response on Saturday. A three-quarters empty stadium with a lot of supporters indeed getting on with other things in their lives.

I truly hopes he sticks with it but if RD continues as owner, I will be amazed if he can maintain his motivation.
  • I am not blaming LB, but assuming the mantra tomorrow is "It is what it is and we just have to get on with it", then he will see the response on Saturday. A three-quarters empty stadium with a lot of supporters indeed getting on with other things in their lives.

I truly hopes he sticks with it but if RD continues as owner, I will be amazed if he can maintain his motivation.

I'd rather he said that than lie to us. If that's the scenario then he has to get on with it. As do we.
  • Premiership players, even youngsters, are on big wages these days.....do you really think we'll be able to afford them ?? If we can I would imagine they will be raw & untested . No-one worth signing will be coming in. Only crocks & out of contracts players that haven't had a proper pre-season. Certainly not the ones LB said that were specifically on his radar & "not just anybody".
  • Premiership players, even youngsters, are on big wages these days.....do you really think we'll be able to afford them ?? If we can I would imagine they will be raw & untested . No-one worth signing will be coming in. Only crocks & out of contracts players that haven't had a proper pre-season. Certainly not the ones LB said that were specifically on his radar & "not just anybody".

Because of that I imagine that the Premier League clubs will be sending them on loan whilst paying their wages

Else its a catch 22 for them... Can keep them on a big wage yet unable to loan them out for experience because League One clubs etc. cant afford their wages or the Premier League clubs can pay a rubbish wage and risk another club coming in to offer more
  • edited August 2018
    Dont have to worry now
    Burn is going Brighton but heading straight back on loan to Wigan
  • Dont have to worry now
    Very strange one, i understandf doing this with young players ala Dele Alli with spurs and MK dons but paying 4 million for a 26 yearold and sending him straight back on loan is weird.
    He's a good defender, no pace but reads the game really well. Remember him being really good against us for Fulham, and was arguably the stand-out central defender in League One last season. But yeah, the whole thing seems strange to me.
  • Redhenry said:

Apparently a lot of League clubs aren't rushing to get bis done today. EFL clubs can sign a player on loan after today and can make perm the following day. Been told this, haven't done my own research btw.

believe you can make it perm in January, not before.
    Right but basically what you can do is agree a loan with an agreed fee that will hit January 1, 2019. So it's basically buying a player in everything but name.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Dont have to worry now
    Very strange one, i understandf doing this with young players ala Dele Alli with spurs and MK dons but paying 4 million for a 26 yearold and sending him straight back on loan is weird.
    He's a good defender, no pace but reads the game really well. Remember him being really good against us for Fulham, and was arguably the stand-out central defender in League One last season. But yeah, the whole thing seems strange to me.
    Helps that he's 6ft 7in - Height doesnt mean you can jump (me @ 6ft 4in is proof of that) or tackle yet there certainly werent many aerial duels that he'll have lost for that reason in League One for that reason
  • SDAddick said:

Dont have to worry now
    Helps that he's 6ft 7in - Height doesnt mean you can jump (me @ 6ft 4in is proof of that) or tackle yet there certainly werent many aerial duels that he'll have lost for that reason in League One for that reason
    Sounds like a new idea for a film

Tall men cant jump
  • SDAddick said:

Dont have to worry now
    Right, he's fucking hard to miss. But yeah seems good in the air, and I remember when he first broke through at Fulham I was impressed with his ability to break up play and distribute for such a big lad. I would put him in the "Good Championship Defender" category. Maybe Brighton think he's improving and over the next year could become Premier League ready, maybe they're just making a contingency plan if they get relegated.
  • Ooo look, its our whole Transfer Window summed up in one video...
  • Deadline day action at the Valley more chance of
  • Dont have to worry now
    sky said that he is currently injured & so Brighto want Wigan to get him fit & play afew games before they take him in January.

We could do the same deal with Bauer. Wigan sign him & we have him back until January. Will help us now as we have no defensive cover & gives us time to get a replacement in later.

wont happen of course, but best deal all round.
  • Only just realised the deadline is 5pm. Premier league clearly didn't fancy a late night sorting out paperwork then.
  • ***Chris Parkes latest***

“I’m currently feeding Sue Grapes on the chaise lounge....well I say grapes, it’s actually pints of wine..... I’ve got loads of missed calls from Lee Bowyer, he probably has a few players in the building and I need to submit the paperwork. But what’s the rush? I’ve got until 11pm on the last day of the month”

It's thirsty work feeding Sue, but luckily Chris has 100 bottles of water to keep him going
  • Only just realised the deadline is 5pm. Premier league clearly didn't fancy a late night sorting out paperwork then.

Deadline closes 30 minutes before home time so nobody will be working late tonight!

Our office staff have probably been sent home to save on electricity