Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• JDS could still go abroad, even if nothing happens this week

Indeed, you can imagine him thriving in Europe
  • Melrose said:

If you were a real player (not desperate), would you honestly sign for Charlton at the moment!!!!

Yes. Money talks.
    True. But as Douchbag is refusing to spend any we only have a deafening silence
  • Last full day of the transfer window, oh joy.
  • Transfer window means nothing to us because we aren’t going to buy anyone
  • edited August 2018

JDS could still go abroad, even if nothing happens this week

We also have till the end of August to sign him or anyone else on loan
  • Sage said:

matt88 said:

An actual rumour... Sarkic, a young Villa keeper on loan. Was at Wigan last season but didn’t make an appearance...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-6ft-4in-aston-villa-player-close-to-joining-london-club/

Doubt we will sign him, never played a game of first team football, what would be the point? At least you found some sort of link.
    Villa have signed two new keepers so surplus.
  • Ferryman said:

Sage said:

matt88 said:

An actual rumour... Sarkic, a young Villa keeper on loan. Was at Wigan last season but didn’t make an appearance...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-6ft-4in-aston-villa-player-close-to-joining-london-club/

Doubt we will sign him, never played a game of first team football, what would be the point? At least you found some sort of link.
    And the cheapest option we could find.
  • cfgs said:

Last full day of the transfer window, oh joy.

Like waking up Christmas morning but without the presents....
    .... and knowing that some of the little you have will be taken away....
  • Sponsored links:

• Not it long to sign these three players we are 100% signing.

I love our transfer windows, they're such a time of happiness and fulfilment
  • Ferryman said:

Sage said:

matt88 said:

On the positive side at least he knows Marshall.

I speculated earlier about Mark Bunn at Villa because of the two new signings. Sarkic would be 5th choice now.

I guess this what you get for a limited budget. Sarkic also did play in the Cup games at Wigan in the early part of the season and was an unused sub for Villa as well.

I suspect Villa won't insist he plays so I expect Dillon to be number one.
  • cfgs said:

Ferryman said:

Sage said:

matt88 said:

And the cheapest option we could find.
    and less experienced than Dills

• This all just smacks of desperation, always said would rather develop our own youngsters than somebody else's.
  • cfgs said:

This all just smacks of desperation, always said would rather develop our own youngsters than somebody else's.

AMB hasn't established himself at U23 level yet. Understand what you're saying but I believe the Villa boy is currently ahead of Ash in his development and a better prospect at this stage.
  • edited August 2018
    cfgs said:

This all just smacks of desperation, always said would rather develop our own youngsters than somebody else's.

AMB hasn't established himself at U23 level yet. Understand what you're saying but I believe the Villa boy is currently ahead of Ash in his development and a better prospect at this stage.

But he won't be coming here to sit on the bench will he? I'd rather we develop our own, Phillips.
  • Melrose said:

If you were a real player (not desperate), would you honestly sign for Charlton at the moment!!!!

Yes. Money talks.
    It does, but we don't like parting with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Yep there's no hurry, Roly. Take your time.
  • Vincenzo said:

cfgs said:

Yep there's no hurry, Roly. Take your time.
    we won't be buying anyone so makes no difference really. Be much more concerned if the loan window was closing tomorrow too.
  • matt88 said:

Really don't like vu
    Ferryman said:

cfgs said:

But he won't be coming here to sit on the bench will he? I'd rather we develop our own, Phillips.
    He'll be told that Dillon is the current No.1 and the healthy competition comes from his determination to displace him. He probably won't get the Checkatrade games as we have to field at least 5 regulars, Dillon would make that 4. Can't see Roland accepting the fine for not doing so now we no longer have a top 6 budget.
  • Ferryman said:

matt88 said:

Really don't like vu
    Ferryman said:

cfgs said:

He'll be told that Dillon is the current No.1 and the healthy competition comes from his determination to displace him. He probably won't get the Checkatrade games as we have to field at least 5 regulars, Dillon would make that 4. Can't see Roland accepting the fine for not doing so now we no longer have a top 6 budget.
    And the fact that the squad isn’t big enough to rest players in cups this year
  • Melrose said:

Yes. Money talks.
    But it don't sing and dance...

And it don't walk.

Possibly illuminating both my age and a worrying liking for Neil Diamond songs.
  • Ferryman said:

matt88 said:

Really don't like vu
    Ferryman said:

cfgs said:

And the fact that the squad isn’t big enough to rest players in cups this year
    Why would you rest players for the biggest games of the season?
  • RD should burst the bank and sign Bielsa as coach if he likes working with a squad of 15 players.

Don't toy with my emotions like that, Bielsa would be my dream signing. It would all end in flames in like December, but it'd be a fucking brilliant three months.
  • JDS could still go abroad, even if nothing happens this week

The thing that surprises me most is that’s Roland has tried to sell him even though he isn’t our player.
    But do you really know he hasn't?
  • I can’t quote you @sam3110. Are you saying Fulham u23’s was our biggest game last season? Robinson made over 9 changes for that competition last year, bowyer will be lucky to field 9 players for it
  • edited August 2018

JDS could still go abroad, even if nothing happens this week

If size is that big of a concern, then they should try sending him to a team that play 3/5 at the back. I thought he looked really good for England in the Toulan Tournament playing there. We know he can run all day and his touch is very good. And during his time with us I thought his 1-v-1 defending really improved. That wingback role would mean having to defend a lot fewer back post crosses and long diagonals. Really just not playing in League One would mean fewer of those anyway.

I'd love to have him back, I think he's a wonderful player, but I just can't see that heppening. I would also worry that yet another year at thus level would stunt his growth, no pun intended.