Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Richard J said:

Bexley Boy on ITTV claiming we are interested in Gordon Greer.

He pulls names out of a hat. Greer is about 50 these days.
  • Richard J said:

I fucking hope not, Greer was painfully slow about 7 years ago! I dread to think how slow he is now & must be pushing 40 surely!?
  • sammy391 said:

Simonsen said:

Henderson was excellent in first season but pretty average/poor in his second season. But as an experienced keeper, he would make ideal back-up for this season.

Am I right in thinking his second season he was having a lot of mental health issues?
    Wasn’t he seriously considering jacking in football altogether because of the crap Charlton/Duchâtelet caused him?
    thought that was Ben Alnwick?

I know Alnwick has had his mental health issues that caused him to leave a team or two ... but could have sworn Henderson had similar (possibly ‘less severe’) but remeber him telling people at th POTY dinner duchatelet and the stuff going on at cafc had pushed him to consider leaving football!
  • Richard J said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Greer

• Richard J said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Greer

Its a no from me. If we are going to sign an experienced (old as fuck) centre back then it should be Ward.
  • Richard J said:

I fucking hope not, Greer was painfully slow about 7 years ago! I dread to think how slow he is now & must be pushing 40 surely!?
    37 and just been released by Kilmarnock
  • May have been Henderson as well but i know John Sullivan quit at age 26 due to Mental Health issues, I follow him on Twitter hes now an estate agent in the US.
  • Oggy Red said:

Richard J said:

Germaine Greer is younger. And a leader.

and Australian ;-))

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d rather stick with the squad we have and keep Aribo rather than selling and getting in several (pffft) rubbish loanees! I think he is massively underrated and is the next Dele Alli!!
  • Groundhog Day approaches, prepare to be underwhelmed. I just hope this year's excuse for doing bugger all is original.
  • Swisdom said:

I thought Henderson was overrated and too injury prone for a goalie. Since he left nothing has changed my opinion

injury prone, obviously.

Overrated? No, was a very good keeper and loved a penalty save. Would be ideal cover for Dillon.
    And for whichever poor sod is doing the PR.
  • No-one in yet ?? what a surprise.
  • Henderson is not training with the club he S training with Bristol city
  • As stated above Henderson training with Brizzle City

• cafc_se7 said:

I’d rather stick with the squad we have and keep Aribo rather than selling and getting in several (pffft) rubbish loanees! I think he is massively underrated and is the next Dele Alli!!

I hope not, I really rate Aribo :smiley:
  • Anyone know where Henderson is training?
  • Imagine we sell our last remaining assets and replace them with season long loans, then Roland can't find somebody mad enough to buy us before next season, well next summer will make this one look joyful.
  • edited August 2018
    Tony 'We should be beating teams like Charlton' Mowbray has said Blackburn have moved on from Bauer...that is until RD offers him about in exchange for half a roll of duct tape.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16403446.we-move-on-mowbray-on-rovers-pursuit-of-patrick-bauer/
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Full Roland will be this time next year if he's still here. Most of the squad are out of contract next summer, so we'd have a squad made up almost entirely academy players.

Close to a flag. Very close

More close to being renamed Mystic Meg.
  • Richard J said:

Yea, 37
  • Scoham said:

Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?

I wondered that as well.
    In Bowyers’s latest interview on the OS he implies that the cost of players tends to drop as you get closer to the end of the transfer window.
  • Tony 'We should be beating teams like Charlton' Mowbray has said Blackburn have moved on from Bauer...that is until RD offers him about in exchange for half a roll of duct tape.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16403446.we-move-on-mowbray-on-rovers-pursuit-of-patrick-bauer/

Good.
  • cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?

I wondered that as well.
    In Bowyers’s latest interview on the OS he implies that the cost of players tends to drop as you get closer to the end of the transfer window.
    From all that time he has spent dealing with player offers during the transfer window.
  • cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

I wondered that as well.
    Past few years would suggest that's nonsense.
  • I think Bowyer has an impossible job trying to sell the club to potential signings at the moment. I can't see why any decent player would see Charlton as a good option at the moment.

The club is a shambles & I really wouldn't blame Bowyer if he walked away
  • If we sign anyone in the next 48 hours (not looking likely is it?) then I imagine it will be short-term contracts until January, end of the season, or loans.
  • cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

I wondered that as well.
    I don't think he did...he said that players valuation (meaning "of themselves") drops, so if you are without a contract, you may be prepared to listen to a lower offer if not picked up after deadline day. We won't be paying any money for anyone while RD is our owner.
  • cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

I wondered that as well.
    No, just our players.