Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Ferryman said:

matt88 said:

An actual rumour... Sarkic, a young Villa keeper on loan. Was at Wigan last season but didn’t make an appearance...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-6ft-4in-aston-villa-player-close-to-joining-london-club/

Really don't like vu
    Ferryman said:

cfgs said:

This all just smacks of desperation, always said would rather develop our own youngsters than somebody else's.

AMB hasn't established himself at U23 level yet. Understand what you're saying but I believe the Villa boy is currently ahead of Ash in his development and a better prospect at this stage.
    But he won't be coming here to sit on the bench will he? I'd rather we develop our own, Phillips.
    He'll be told that Dillon is the current No.1 and the healthy competition comes from his determination to displace him. He probably won't get the Checkatrade games as we have to field at least 5 regulars, Dillon would make that 4. Can't see Roland accepting the fine for not doing so now we no longer have a top 6 budget.
    And the fact that the squad isn’t big enough to rest players in cups this year
    I do wonder what sort of side we'll put out in the Checkatrade games, seeing as most of our U23s are now in the first team squad.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Sarmiento and Sarpong-Wiredu getting a game.
  • This is so depressing, I keep coming back here knowing we will not be signing anyone. The hope that we are all wrong and this time will be different is overwhelming. F*ck off Roland!
  • Undertaking a small contract and listening to the usual suspects talking about who they might sign and how many millions-----utter kak----just fantasy football really.

If Carlsburg did "UtterCunts" it's Roland
  • just over 24 hours to go. No signings & not even any credible rumours. Of course, we're 100% signing 3 players aren't we ??
  • I'm actually surprised this thread was created this window and the fact it's reached 110 pages. Genuine rumours surely wouldn't see this thread past 1 page.
  • Been out for the day, and come back to deadly silence. This must be the dullest Charlton Life transfer rumour thread ever
  • I believe Richard Cawley is away on holiday so no real rumours to get our teeth into...... what real football reporter goes away during transfer deadline week anyway - perhaps he knew already ??
  • Ferryman said:

matt88 said:

An actual rumour... Sarkic, a young Villa keeper on loan. Was at Wigan last season but didn’t make an appearance...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-6ft-4in-aston-villa-player-close-to-joining-london-club/

Really don't like vu
    Ferryman said:

cfgs said:

This all just smacks of desperation, always said would rather develop our own youngsters than somebody else's.

AMB hasn't established himself at U23 level yet. Understand what you're saying but I believe the Villa boy is currently ahead of Ash in his development and a better prospect at this stage.
    But he won't be coming here to sit on the bench will he? I'd rather we develop our own, Phillips.
    He'll be told that Dillon is the current No.1 and the healthy competition comes from his determination to displace him. He probably won't get the Checkatrade games as we have to field at least 5 regulars, Dillon would make that 4. Can't see Roland accepting the fine for not doing so now we no longer have a top 6 budget.
    And the fact that the squad isn’t big enough to rest players in cups this year
    Indeed, and Fosu got injured in the Checkatrade last season.
  • I believe Richard Cawley is away on holiday so no real rumours to get our teeth into...... what real football reporter goes away during transfer deadline week anyway - perhaps he knew already ??

Toby Porter takes his place while he’s away from the sounds of it.

• Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    The cost saving and squad thinning continues or making room for our marquee signing (obviously the former).
  • cfgs said:

clive said:
    The cost saving and squad thinning continues or making room for our marquee signing (obviously the former).
    It's okay we have a packed bench these days
  • I can see how it would benefit Josh to go out on loan but not why another spell in non-league or why we we are letting a forward go

But he hasn't featured at all in pre-season so maybe LB and JJ just don't rate him.
  • I can see how it would benefit Josh to go out on loan but not why another spell in non-league or why we we are letting a forward go

But he hasn't featured at all in pre-season so maybe LB and JJ just don't rate him.

This. If he is fit and there are unused sub spaces available, it suggests he has no future at the club until grant, Igor and Taylor are sold in January
  • The only people we will sign are the needy and the desperate who will acquired at the very last minute for zero outlay other than a wage and even that will need to be recouped from outgoings. I for one won’t be thumping F5 with any expectation tomorrow.

Maybe no league club wants him?
  • clive said:
    That's a step down for him. I'm surprised he's still with us tbh, I can't see him playing for us again.
  • Scoham said:

I can see how it would benefit Josh to go out on loan but not why another spell in non-league or why we we are letting a forward go

Maybe no league club wants him?
    Quite possible
  • I'm more worried as to whether Aribo and Bauer will be still here this time tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Loaning to the National League means he can be recalled at any time, I believe. Would not be the case was he at a League Two club.
  • Diabolical
  • At least we'll hear at the press conference tomorrow all about how we're 100% making some loan signings.
  • Loaning to the National League means he can be recalled at any time, I believe. Would not be the case was he at a League Two club.

That's what I thought until I read the article. At the bottom it says "The Addicks have the option to recall Umerah in January.".

I guess players can only be recalled at any time from short term loans.
  • Sage said:

A player who I think could be a realistic target to bring in could be Joe Mason. Hasn’t done much since his move to Wolves, didn’t do fantastic in his loan spells, but has quality and can play across the front line. Surplus to requirements at Wolves and no Championship takers at the moment. Would be a better option than Ajose.

Perry Mason is more of a chance happening
  • About 13 realistic 1st team players in the squad & still no signings. Shambles
  • edited August 2018
    shirty5 said:

Sage said:

A player who I think could be a realistic target to bring in could be Joe Mason. Hasn’t done much since his move to Wolves, didn’t do fantastic in his loan spells, but has quality and can play across the front line. Surplus to requirements at Wolves and no Championship takers at the moment. Would be a better option than Ajose.

Perry Mason is more of a chance happening
  • Bowyers press conference tomorrow will be crindgeworthy