Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Pedro45 said:

cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?

I wondered that as well.
    In Bowyers’s latest interview on the OS he implies that the cost of players tends to drop as you get closer to the end of the transfer window.
    I don't think he did...he said that players valuation (meaning "of themselves") drops, so if you are without a contract, you may be prepared to listen to a lower offer if not picked up after deadline day. We won't be paying any money for anyone while RD is our owner.
    Good grief. Imagine the shite that will be coming through the door if this is our transfer strategy.
  • Pedro45 said:

cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

Wonder why they have left it so late if there are going to be incominngs? Could they be trying to save a couple of weeks wages?

I wondered that as well.
    In Bowyers’s latest interview on the OS he implies that the cost of players tends to drop as you get closer to the end of the transfer window.
    I don't think he did...he said that players valuation (meaning "of themselves") drops, so if you are without a contract, you may be prepared to listen to a lower offer if not picked up after deadline day. We won't be paying any money for anyone while RD is our owner.
    but Bowyer said that we weren't just looking at any old player but one or two "special" ones...which might mean we HAVE to pay thrm what they want because we are being choosy.

which is all bollox really as we aren't really looking to sign anyone unless someone leaves.
  • Sign some players RD.
  • surprising we havent taken cole dasilva on trial at least. jay's brother also a lb i believe.
  • bit late, signed for brentford 30 mins ago!
  • CAFCDAZ said:

surprising we havent taken cole dasilva on trial at least. jay's brother also a lb i believe.

Does he pass the CL height test?

Just think what JDS could do with a few extra inches.

• I notice Villa have signed a new keeper. Would Mark Bunn become available?
  • Jay Dasilva yet to go anywhere on loan. QPR, Bolton and Derby linked and even sounds like there's an outside chance he'll stay at Chelsea and get some game time.
  • Henderson in.

Aribo out. Poyet in.

Ajose out. Bent BWP in.

Bauer out. Dervite in.

Taylor out. Yann in.

Jackson Out of Retirement
    Marshall out Green in
    Pearce out Morrison in
    Page out Wiggins in
    JFC out Hollands in

Peacock out. Firmani in.
  • Jay Dasilva yet to go anywhere on loan. QPR, Bolton and Derby linked and even sounds like there's an outside chance he'll stay at Chelsea and get some game time.

I very, very much doubt he will play for Chelsea this season, hasn’t been part of any pre-season games with Sarri.

He needs a Championship loan and am surprised that Derby haven’t taken him already. Would be interesting to see where he ends up, just wish he could’ve came back to us for this season, no matter how unlikely that was going to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Page stays fit we don't need a left back. I know that's a big if, but all things being equal he's had his injury problems for a while.

more important is a midfield - one that includes someone who can create chances, one that can take set pieces, and a winger or two that can actually cross a ball.
  • If Page stays fit we don't need a left back. I know that's a big if, but all things being equal he's had his injury problems for a while.

more important is a midfield - one that includes someone who can create chances, one that can take set pieces, and a winger or two that can actually cross a ball.

We have zero cover for Page though, save for Mascoll who's a kid.

In midfield we have a couple of extra players at least
  • Sage said:

Jay Dasilva yet to go anywhere on loan. QPR, Bolton and Derby linked and even sounds like there's an outside chance he'll stay at Chelsea and get some game time.

I very, very much doubt he will play for Chelsea this season, hasn’t been part of any pre-season games with Sarri.

He needs a Championship loan and am surprised that Derby haven’t taken him already. Would be interesting to see where he ends up, just wish he could’ve came back to us for this season, no matter how unlikely that was going to happen.
    I don’t think it is that unlikely. Derby showed early interest but backed out and I think his height is considered a serious problem. No one else seems to be showing an interest and I personally believe that he will only ever make it to the top as a left sided midfielder as I think his height will always count against him. This gives us every chance of signing him.

JDS could easily play in front of Page as a midfielder anyway

Not that we stand a chance of getting him back

JDS could easily play in front of Page as a midfielder anyway

Not that we stand a chance of getting him back
    I think we do.
  • Derby backed out of loaning him because Lampard prefers their own young left back Max Lowe after seeing him in pre season. Believe he was on loan at Shrewsbury at the back end of last season.

He won't get game time at Chelsea for a while yet, if ever.

I heard he wasn't even training with the first team this summer and I don't believe he was on their pre season tour but could be wrong about that one because I know the top clubs take huge squads usually.
  • If no one else takes him (and that's a real possibility at this point), there's no reason why we couldn't go back and ask Chelsea about him for another season.
  • Getting little Jay back would be the signing of the summer I think and most definitely could play him and Page in the same side.

He hasn’t been involved at all with the Chelsea pre-season, not once, and has been training with their under 23s.

Maybe the longer it goes on without him going out on loan, the more chance we do have. Right now I doubt it, but what business that would be if we could. Let’s just hope Bowyer, Jackson, and Gallen have thought and spoken about it.
  • If no one else takes him (and that's a real possibility at this point), there's no reason why we couldn't go back and ask Chelsea about him for another season.

Bows seemed to like him and he knows he is respected by the fans. Sometimes it dawns on players that a club is a perfect fit. Miss the boat and your career can be crap. He should be pushing for it, not looking at it as an option if nothing better turns up. Second choice at a Championship club is not progress.
  • JDS is very much on Charlton radar.
  • Sponsored links:

• An actual rumour... Sarkic, a young Villa keeper on loan. Was at Wigan last season but didn’t make an appearance...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-6ft-4in-aston-villa-player-close-to-joining-london-club/

• Melrose said:

If you were a real player (not desperate), would you honestly sign for Charlton at the moment!!!!

Yes. Money talks.
  • matt88 said:

An actual rumour... Sarkic, a young Villa keeper on loan. Was at Wigan last season but didn’t make an appearance...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-6ft-4in-aston-villa-player-close-to-joining-london-club/

Doubt we will sign him, never played a game of first team football, what would be the point? At least you found some sort of link.

From a reliable source? Would be fantastic to get him back.
  • matt88 said:

An actual rumour... Sarkic, a young Villa keeper on loan. Was at Wigan last season but didn’t make an appearance...

'A well placed source has told Football Insider that League One Charlton are in the market for a new goalkeeper... '

What a source.
    I could see it happening. Would know Marshall from Villa.
  • RD should burst the bank and sign Bielsa as coach if he likes working with a squad of 15 players.
  • Sage said:

Jay Dasilva yet to go anywhere on loan. QPR, Bolton and Derby linked and even sounds like there's an outside chance he'll stay at Chelsea and get some game time.

Maybe Derby don’t need him. It’s not just about how he’s is rated, but the options clubs already have in his position.
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Maybe Derby don’t need him. It’s not just about how he’s is rated, but the options clubs already have in his position.
    Yeah of course, it is was more for the fact that Derby’s coaching staff will know all about Jay so it seemed a logical loan this season, considering they have taken other Chelsea players too. But if they already have players in that position, it would be pointless for them and for Jay.

Would be extremely happy if we managed to get him back. A team of: Phillips; Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Page; Fosu, Pratley, Aribo, Dasilva; Taylor, Vetokele. - probably overall better than last season, certainly up front, albeit missing Forster-Caskey is huge.

Bit are Charlton on JDS radar?