Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Richard J said:

markmc68 said:

Martin gone. Henderson training at the club. Not sure if this is old news. Apologies if so.

Stephen Henderson?
    If it is it's got JJ's prints all over it :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Richard J said:

markmc68 said:

Martin gone. Henderson training at the club. Not sure if this is old news. Apologies if so.

Stephen Henderson?
    Would love to see Henderson back, can only think he is even contemplating it (if the rumour is true) because he has been told that a regime change is imminent, can’t see him coming back otherwise.
  • Redhenry said:

But he won't sign for us.

Is that your opinion redhenry or something you know??
  • Trust me, he's not signing for us.
  • Redhenry said:

Trust me, he's not signing for us.

Agent trying to get Championship interest?
  • Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

Trust me, he's not signing for us.

Agent trying to get Championship interest?
    That is an old trick which we even suffered from in our Premiership days.
  • Richard J said:

markmc68 said:

Stephen Henderson?
    Jordan
    Not been the same since the split from Peter Andre.
  • edited August 2018
    DA9 said:

RedChaser said:

Richard J said:

markmc68 said:

Stephen Henderson?
    Would love to see Henderson back, can only think he is even contemplating it (if the rumour is true) because he has been told that a regime change is imminent, can’t see him coming back otherwise.
    My thoughts as well especially after Fromage hung him out to dry after the 5-0 thrashing at Huddersfield which was followed by the 6-0 hammering four days later at Hull.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Henderson was overrated and too injury prone for a goalie. Since he left nothing has changed my opinion
  • Swisdom said:

I thought Henderson was overrated and too injury prone for a goalie. Since he left nothing has changed my opinion

injury prone, obviously.

Overrated? No, was a very good keeper and loved a penalty save. Would be ideal cover for Dillon.
    Decent keeper, but a worrying injury record, major injuries in BOTH his last 2 seasons, signing him would be a risk
  • Swisdom said:

I thought Henderson was overrated and too injury prone for a goalie. Since he left nothing has changed my opinion

injury prone, obviously.

Overrated? No, was a very good keeper and loved a penalty save. Would be ideal cover for Dillon.
    Decent keeper, but a worrying injury record, major injuries in BOTH his last 2 seasons, signing him would be a risk
    Loan would make more sense.
  • Swisdom said:

injury prone, obviously.

Sounds like just the sort of signing a league one side with no money will be left with.
  • Swisdom said:

injury prone, obviously.

Not cover, would start every day of the week over Dillon if fit.

Despite that it's a no from me as his wages on our budget would be a complete waste given his injury record.
  • Has Henderson even been linked with us?
  • JamesSeed said:

My friend is a big Leeds fan and was a bit scathing about O'Kane when I texted him just now. But then said he'll be fine at your level, cheeky sod.

O'Kane would be a good signing for us. However, he's one of those snides developed through the Northern Ireland system but then opt for the Republic.
  • Vincenzo said:

How does Bowyer sell the club to a half-decent player though?

"Have you ever fancied working in a lunatic asylum?"

Easy. Get permission to speak to the player and ask him if he a) wants first team football, b) wants his game improved by two fellow centre mid coaches in Bowyer and Jackson and c) wants to be the next Irish cult hero at the valley following a long list of other Irish midfielders who built great relationships with the CAFC fans e.g. Kinsella, Matt Holland & Andy Reid etc.

Players will know the club is up for sale and that everything is not amazing today but Bowyer has to sell the future to them i.e. the chance for them to be part of a 'new era' (that he is building).
    Yeah, that's all good unless he has an offer from a club that isn't a basket case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

JamesSeed said:

My friend is a big Leeds fan and was a bit scathing about O'Kane when I texted him just now. But then said he'll be fine at your level, cheeky sod.

O'Kane would be a good signing for us. However, he's one of those snides developed through the Northern Ireland system but then opt for the Republic.
    Better than the days though - when to play for the Republic you just had to know somebody called Mick.
  • Henderson was excellent in first season but pretty average/poor in his second season. But as an experienced keeper, he would make ideal back-up for this season.

• Has Henderson even been linked with us?

someone above said he's training with us

• Simonsen said:

Henderson was excellent in first season but pretty average/poor in his second season. But as an experienced keeper, he would make ideal back-up for this season.

Am I right in thinking his second season he was having a lot of mental health issues?
    Wasn’t he seriously considering jacking in football altogether because of the crap Charlton/Duchâtelet caused him?
  • sammy391 said:

Simonsen said:

Henderson was excellent in first season but pretty average/poor in his second season. But as an experienced keeper, he would make ideal back-up for this season.

Am I right in thinking his second season he was having a lot of mental health issues?
    Wasn’t he seriously considering jacking in football altogether because of the crap Charlton/Duchâtelet caused him?
    Dont think that was Hendo.
  • sammy391 said:

Simonsen said:

thought that was Ben Alnwick?

• edited August 2018

Henderson in.

Aribo out. Poyet in.

Ajose out. Bent BWP in.

Bauer out. Dervite in.

Taylor out. Yann in.

Jackson Out of Retirement
    Marshall out Green in
    Pearce out Morrison in
    Page out Wiggins in
    JFC out Hollands in