Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• ross1 said:

Charlton Athletic manager Lee Bowyer is interested in signing Leeds United midfielder Eunan O’Kane with the Republic of Ireland midfielder looking for a way out of Elland Road. Bowyer, the former Leeds star, is one of a number of managers who want to take O’Kane and end his two-year stay with United before this month’s transfer deadlines pass.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-charlton-boss-bowyer-eyeing-up-move-for-o-kane-1-9287713

Message from Leeds: 'He's w*nk.'
  • O'Kane would be a fantastic signing for this division and to be honest is exactly what I think Bowyer is going to be after, he has specifically said many times that they won't be signing just anyone but they're after quality.

O'Kane has not been given a squad number for this season and is not in Bielsa's plans whatsoever. Having mentioned yesterday about my dad being a Leeds fan, I know a decent amount about the club and how Bielsa works. Having only a maximum of 15 players he works with, O'Kane has not been part of any of his training and has worked with the U23 coaches throughout the summer.

As long as wages aren't an issue, this really is one I can see developing.

Fingers crossed.
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

Eunan o'kane being linked with us tonight

He's had one pre-season friendly.
    Yeah seems to have been frozen out at Leeds as played over 30 game for them last season
    Leeds signed Jack Harrison and Lewis Baker on loan and recalled a Polish international midfielder so doesn't look like O'Kane will get many games in midfield
  • edited August 2018

Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

Eunan o'kane being linked with us tonight

He's had one pre-season friendly.
    Yeah seems to have been frozen out at Leeds as played over 30 game for them last season
    Leeds signed Jack Harrison and Lewis Baker on loan and recalled a Polish international midfielder so doesn't look like O'Kane will get many games in midfield
    Especially when Bielsa is an extremely attacking and forward thinking manager. At one point, they had a midfield of Hernandez, Alioski, Dallas, and Saiz behind Roofe up front, all of them are predominantly wingers.
  • ross1 said:

Charlton Athletic manager Lee Bowyer is interested in signing Leeds United midfielder Eunan O’Kane with the Republic of Ireland midfielder looking for a way out of Elland Road. Bowyer, the former Leeds star, is one of a number of managers who want to take O’Kane and end his two-year stay with United before this month’s transfer deadlines pass.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-charlton-boss-bowyer-eyeing-up-move-for-o-kane-1-9287713

That would be because of his sending off at Ipswich and the errors he made against Sheffield United that led to two goals, since then a lot of Leeds fans have turned on him.
  • O'Kane I guess is seen as a replacement for JFC? Or Aribo...
  • How does Bowyer sell the club to a half-decent player though?

"Have you ever fancied working in a lunatic asylum?"
  • Sage said:

ross1 said:

That would be because of his sending off at Ipswich and the errors he made against Sheffield United that led to two goals, since then a lot of Leeds fans have turned on him.
    Oh good, we are getting in a scapegoat :smiley:
  • ross1 said:

Sage said:

ross1 said:

Leeds fans are very unforgiving when they have made their mind up on a player due to an error that has cost them. O'Kane is a good player, a key figure for Bournemouth when they went up from League One and Championship, still playing a good chunk of games in the Premier League.
    Vincenzo said:

How does Bowyer sell the club to a half-decent player though?

Easy. Right now he is not training with the first team, not got a squad number, not wanted. Once Bielsa has said he doesn't want you in his plans, you have got to do something incredible to get in them. Bowyer can offer him guaranteed first team football in London.
  • Sage said:

ross1 said:

Sage said:

ross1 said:

Leeds fans are very unforgiving when they have made their mind up on a player due to an error that has cost them. O'Kane is a good player, a key figure for Bournemouth when they went up from League One and Championship, still playing a good chunk of games in the Premier League.
    Vincenzo said:

Easy. Right now he is not training with the first team, not got a squad number, not wanted. Once Bielsa has said he doesn't want you in his plans, you have got to do something incredible to get in them. Bowyer can offer him guaranteed first team football in London.
    Not just us then!

You might be of the hook Dillon!
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Sage said:

ross1 said:

Hopefully a bit like Yann then.
  • Scoham said:

O'Kane I guess is seen as a replacement for JFC? Or Aribo...

Or both
  • Vincenzo said:

Easy. Get permission to speak to the player and ask him if he a) wants first team football, b) wants his game improved by two fellow centre mid coaches in Bowyer and Jackson and c) wants to be the next Irish cult hero at the valley following a long list of other Irish midfielders who built great relationships with the CAFC fans e.g. Kinsella, Matt Holland & Andy Reid etc.

Players will know the club is up for sale and that everything is not amazing today but Bowyer has to sell the future to them i.e. the chance for them to be part of a 'new era' (that he is building).
  • edited August 2018
    My friend is a big Leeds fan and was a bit scathing about O'Kane when I texted him just now. But then said he'll be fine at your level, cheeky sod.
  • i think anyone that played 30 championship games last season is going to improve us
  • edited August 2018
    Scoham said:

Totally fails the CL height test.

Only 5 foot 8. Probably shorter than Chris Solly. Surprised Karl Robinson hasn't signed him yet.

And, of course ....... underwhelmed. :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

Totally fails the CL height test.

Only 5 foot 8. Probably shorter than Chris Solly. Surprised Karl Robinson hasn't signed him yet.

And, of course ....... underwhelmed. :smile:
    EVERYONE knows that Solly is only 5ft 3!!
  • edited August 2018

Vincenzo said:

Players will know the club is up for sale and that everything is not amazing today but Bowyer has to sell the future to them i.e. the chance for them to be part of a 'new era' (that he is building).
    "Promotion. Taste the glory.". That's what Bowyers telling them.

• cafc4life said:

The way things are going , we could go into saturdays game with Keith Peacock as manager and Brian Cole at centre half

I'd rather see Brian Cole in goal he's a big unit to get the ball past and I'll play CH on my Zimmer frame. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

cafc4life said:

The way things are going , we could go into saturdays game with Keith Peacock as manager and Brian Cole at centre half

I'd rather see Brian Cole in goal he's a big unit to get the ball past and I'll play CH on my Zimmer frame. :wink:
    I will go upfront, I cant be any worse than Ajose
  • RedChaser said:

cafc4life said:

I will go upfront, I cant be any worse than Ajose
    You'd be surprised. You'd never keep up.

• Martin gone. Henderson training at the club. Not sure if this is old news. Apologies if so.
  • markmc68 said:

Martin gone. Henderson training at the club. Not sure if this is old news. Apologies if so.

Stephen Henderson?
  • Richard J said:

markmc68 said:

Martin gone. Henderson training at the club. Not sure if this is old news. Apologies if so.

Stephen Henderson?
    Jordan
    Got potential. Has to prove himself first though.

• Oggy Red said:

Richard J said:

markmc68 said:

Stephen Henderson?
    Jordan
    Got potential. Has to prove himself first though.

Clearly Ricky as he is Australian

Ricky John Henderson (born 11 September 1988) is an Australian rules footballer playing for the Hawthorn Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL).
  • Vincenzo said:

If I was Bowyer I would be "selling myself". Ex-England, Leeds & Charlton.
  • Richard J said:

markmc68 said:

Stephen Henderson?
    Relish.
  • An injury prone player, Hendo will fit in well